Kane and Kirsty

Guest apriltones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully they don't come back! I never liked them. I like kirsty, but not kane.

Definitely...i was all for the KK relationship...forbidden love's are always the best....

Yea, but it wouldn't be forbidden if he hadn't raped her sister.

Your point being?

He did rape her sister, so therefore all the coments about it being "forbidden love" are totally valid.

Romeo and Juliet wouldn't have had "forbidden love" if their families had all been best buddies :wink:

Hopefully they don't come back! I never liked them. I like kirsty, but not kane.

Definitely...i was all for the KK relationship...forbidden love's are always the best....

Yea, but it wouldn't be forbidden if he hadn't raped her sister.

Your point being?

He did rape her sister, so therefore all the coments about it being "forbidden love" are totally valid.

Romeo and Juliet wouldn't have had "forbidden love" if their families had all been best buddies :wink:

Yea but what i meant is it can hardly be romantic if the man raped someone. It's not like in Romeo and Juliet, it's not really them who did anything wrong, but Kane caused the problem, he's a rapist. For example, in Romeo & Juliet, it wouldn't be a great love story if it was Tybalt and a girl from Montague side in love would it? Because Tybalt isn't a nice character. And because he raped Dani, i don't think Kane's a good character.

Wow, i like to ramble. If that doesn't make sense then sorry :P lol

I know what you mean Nicole, I never liked KK much at first because of the rape, how could Kirsty actually forgive someone who raped her sister?

After a while the whole thing was brushed under the carpet though, Dani forgave Kane and everyone lived happily ever after. Almost. I think the scriptwriters kind of wanted us to forget the whole rape thing and just admire how great KK were as a couple, which is kind of difficult.

I was a KK fan but now... not so much. I think the story was handled badly and rewatching the episodes has made me a Dani fan. Something I never thought would happen.

Now if it had been realistic, like Kane coming back and telling Kirsty that they couldn't be together until Dani was okay with it, that would have been all good. They could have done a long running storyline where Dani & Kane built a semi friendship, showing that Kane had really changed.

Before I am told that is unrealistic then look around the web for information. There have been cases where a person has been raped and over time has built a bond with their rapist.

I know what you mean Nicole, I never liked KK much at first because of the rape, how could Kirsty actually forgive someone who raped her sister?

After a while the whole thing was brushed under the carpet though, Dani forgave Kane and everyone lived happily ever after. Almost. I think the scriptwriters kind of wanted us to forget the whole rape thing and just admire how great KK were as a couple, which is kind of difficult.

I admired K/K as a couple, I managed to forget about the rape situation, Kirsty and Kane were right to express about their feelings and love for each other, it was their relationship, it was kind of annoying when Dani had to keep butting into their relationship, and always crying and moaning, for god sake there was nothing to moan about.

I admired K/K as a couple, I managed to forget about the rape situation, Kirsty and Kane were right to express about their feelings and love for each other, it was their relationship, it was kind of annoying when Dani had to keep butting into their relationship, and always crying and moaning, for god sake there was nothing to moan about.

Just a small matter of betrayal and disgust :rolleyes:

I admired K/K as a couple, I managed to forget about the rape situation.

I certainly never brushed the rape aside, because it was the backstory and the interesting factor that it gave the couple that set tham apart.

Archived