Kane and Kirsty

Guest apriltones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Dani say no though? Even if she only said it once, that puts it into a whole new perspective.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that she said "no". Also, whilst Kane had a bad upbringing and he was also inexperienced, surely it would seem a bit odd that a girl would have sex with him without even so much as having shared a kiss with him beforehand? Surely he realised that sex is a very intimate thing and that it would only be normal to have some sort of closeness or intimacy leading up to the event? Dani wasn't his girlfriend, she may have slightly flirted with him, but she didn't take it any further.

As much as I don't want to get involved in the same debate yet again, I think it's worth noting that people are still talking about this storyline with such interest even after all the characters involved have long gone. Whether you loved KK or hated them, they're on their way to becoming classic H&A characters. And rightly so, IMO.

Maybe for some people. I just take huge exception to that particular storyline, and wasn't at all interested in anything else they did. The only storyline I can really remember is Kane's cancer, and that's only because I recall thinking if I were Kirsty, and my boyfriend kept the fact that he had cancer from me because of my exams, I'd go off my head.

Didn't Dani say no though? Even if she only said it once, that puts it into a whole new perspective.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that she said "no". Also, whilst Kane had a bad upbringing and he was also inexperienced, surely it would seem a bit odd that a girl would have sex with him without even so much as having shared a kiss with him beforehand? Surely he realised that sex is a very intimate thing and that it would only be normal to have some sort of closeness or intimacy leading up to the event? Dani wasn't his girlfriend, she may have slightly flirted with him, but she didn't take it any further.

That's a really good point. I remember when Kane had a crush on Shauna and she was trying to explain to him (sorry, my memory's a bit vague here, it's so long ago and I didn't watch H&A regularly until the Mirigini disaster) something about he needed to get help because his perception of women was wrong. I think the writers handled the early part of the story (the trauma bonding, Kane realising what he'd done to Dani etc) very, very well, but the second part of the story - when Kane returned, I mean - kind of glossed over everything an didn't take Dani's feelings into account much, which was a bit disturbing.

Maybe for some people. I just take huge exception to that particular storyline, and wasn't at all interested in anything else they did. The only storyline I can really remember is Kane's cancer, and that's only because I recall thinking if I were Kirsty, and my boyfriend kept the fact that he had cancer from me because of my exams, I'd go off my head.

I did think she under-reacted in that situation. But Christie (however much I love her) was never brilliant at the very emotional scenes. I did believe that she wouldn't have been angry with him though - I think if I was in that situation I would have been less angry and more upset.

I actually really liked Kirsty as a character, and I think they ruined her by putting her together with Kane.

I suppose it's hard to gauge how you'd react if someone kept something like that from you, no matter what their reasons are. But I really think I'd be mighty pissed off, as I would hope my boyfriend knew that he and his health came before any daft exam. I suppose the writers thought this would show how much Kane had changed, and how much he loved Kirsty. but it just made me dislike him even more. I thought he patronised Kirsty by keeping his cancer from her, judging that she wouldn't be able to deal with it. It's the kind of thing parents keep from their children, not that a husband keeps from his wife.

I agree, i never want them to come back. Far too overused and overrated. Kane should have stayed as the evil school kid who raped Dani, and Kirsty (not Jade) should have been the one who wasn't really a Sutherland as loyalty (blood is thicker than water etc) wasn't really her strong point.

Archived