The Blokes' Thread

Guest TheMaster

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agree that it is a sin (the act itself, the circumstances may be), but the Catholic church teach against it.

Sex, or making love is not a sin, we are in a different era. Compeared to fourty years ago.

We are all the same underneath, no matter what your religious beliefs are. If you rape a person, well that is totally wrong. But there is no way sex is a sin. The only sin in the Catholic church is when the young catholic boys get raped by the priests that they trust.

Well I'm sure the catholic church consider Sex before Marraige a sin... As for the Peadophile priests... I hardly see how that is relevent.

A lot of the old *rules* in the catholic church and in other religions came about to protect women and the family. Thousands of years ago women had no rights and there was ltlle or no birth control. These days women are full citizens and both sexes can have some control over conception etc. As is often the case the rules from TPTB in church organisations are made by men. I don't think for a minute that god thinks sex before marriage is wrong. Don't blame god for everything that is said or done in his name.

Hmm... I have actually long wondered what God really thinks on the matter. To tell you the truth, I would say that he probably would say wait... at least until the relationship is good and committed. I definitely reckon he would not be for the "One Night Stand" or 15 year olds getting it on...

Exactly. Something I've always wondered - as people have got less and less moral over the years, has God losened the rules? Otherwise, like you say, Heaven must be a pretty lonely place these days.

Archived