The Blokes' Thread

Guest TheMaster

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was the only good thing about the UK version. I found the lead too smug, the teenager too annoying and the best friend too much of a drip.

The US version was perfect. The lead was smug but you could tell he was insecure, the teenager was annoying but adorable and the best friend was a geek but intelligent.

Plus you had the woman from Cagney & Lacey, who rocks!

And the sex scenes (lesbian, gay or straight) were a bonus.

Are the US and UK version very alike ?

aejdude: SHUT UP can't you see we're having a conversation here? :P

The UK version was the original, written by the guy who now creates Dr Who & Torchwood. The first US season does model itself on the first UK series but it breaks away from that about halfway through.

The UK version was only 2 series long, so they had to change things.

He was the only good thing about the UK version. I found the lead too smug, the teenager too annoying and the best friend too much of a drip.

The US version was perfect. The lead was smug but you could tell he was insecure, the teenager was annoying but adorable and the best friend was a geek but intelligent.

Plus you had the woman from Cagney & Lacey, who rocks!

And the sex scenes (lesbian, gay or straight) were a bonus.

Are the US and UK version very alike ?

Marie: SHUT UP :P

:o I can see you're having a conversation which can continue in the girls room :P.

I think it depends on what you like. The UK one was out to shock, but the US one delves much deeper and the characters are a lot more complex. It makes you laugh and cry in parts!

Which one do you like the most?

I've tried downloading it but I've never find any episodes :s

Archived