Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, atrus said:

Could anyone tell what the other thing Evie found in Tank's bag was, apart from the balaclava? I couldn't make it out.

49 minutes ago, Pierced Musie said:

I think it was a knife Evie found.

37 minutes ago, Little bean said:

IT was definitely a flick-knife. I'm sure I saw her open it in a promo but it appears to have been cut from the actual episode. Did I dream that?

Well that's interesting, it does indeed seem that Channel 5 cut the shot of Evie opening the flick knife - so here's the shot for confused UK viewers :wink:

6306%202_zpskkzrersh.png

6306%201_zps3eeztnmi.png

Thanks for that. Hmm. Definitely not Rawl plugs then!

I'm surprised, I must say. I know ITV used to cut it to ribbons, but I thought C5 hardly touched the show. I wouldn't have thought a knife at 6pm was desperately problematic, but perhaps they're just playing it safe...

So, confirmation that, as the promo suggested, Maddy hadn't actually moved back in, explaining why she was nowhere to be seen when Evie was doing her moonlight flit.(Loved Oscar's brief attempt to get her to share his room.)And confirmation that, yes, James has told Megan and that he's got two daughters (I don't think the number was specified before). Alf's apology may have been a bit evasive but it's more likely to strike a chord than Irene's snooty lecture.I can see atrus' point about staying together for the good of the children, but Roo needs to be faced with the reality of what she's doing rather than brushing off Megan's misery with a "It's nothing to do with me." Alf and Maddy really need to keep the lines of communication open rather than cutting Roo off.

Oscar's readiness to give up on Evelyn was surprising but believable; her rejection of him has obviously cut deep when he thought their bond was unshakeable.It's more believable than Evelyn's abrupt turnaround with regards Tank.She's dismissed every bad story about him with "You must be mistaken/lying" but decides he's a wrong 'un because she finds a balaclava and a knife, even though she was having make-up sex with him just moments before?The way she's been behaving recently, you'd expect her to think it was a Halloween costume.(The Oz cut makes a bit more sense, since that's a pretty fearsome knife:In the Channel 5 version it just looks like an ordinary penknife of the kind you'd expect him to have out in the woods.)Her attempt to phone Josh, rather than Leah and Zac or even Oscar and Maddy, wasn't remotely credible: They might have had a conversation last episode but he hasn't been her go-to person for months.By now, it seems clear that while he might be unstable and manipulative, Tank's also sincere in his own way: This isn't a game or power trip for him, he does seem to genuinely want him and Evie to be together forever.

14 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

The Oz cut makes a bit more sense, since that's a pretty fearsome knife:In the Channel 5 version it just looks like an ordinary penknife of the kind you'd expect him to have out in the woods.

UK viewers could well be wondering whether she's worried about him stabbing her, plucking her eyebrows or uncorking a bottle of wine.

Are you sure? Because one detail I forgot was that Tank took the phone off her and threw it what seemed like about a yard away(yeah, she'll never find that) at the end.I don't think he'd do that if it was his phone.Anyway, is Evie really so dense she doesn't know her own home number?

5 hours ago, kmp1963 said:

I think you all seem to have missed the fact that it was tanks phone she was using and Josh's number was the only number on there of someone that she knew.

Of course calling the police would be too much like common sense for the show in recent years.

I am pretty sure it was Evie's as she had taken it with her from the Caravan Park. And it was only after trying to call Josh that Tank took the phone off of her and threw it out the window. It was ridiculous that she didn't call either her brother or Zac - it is clear that this whole storyline only serves as a detour in the Josh/Evie romance. Yawn. I think it was a shame that they didn't try to be a little more subtle with Tank's transformation in front of Evie, rather than him suddenly going psycho once they left the bay. It was as drastically sudden as Hunter suddenly being normal. Does H&A have a quota on how many psychotic people they can have in the Bay at one time?

Definitely, think it was a bad judgement call re the flip knife. I was definitely in the camp who thought it was penknife, and wasn't really sure if Evie was meant to be scared of his resourceful camping skills or his robbing people with a bottle opener.

6 hours ago, kmp1963 said:

I think you all seem to have missed the fact that it was tanks phone she was using and Josh's number was the only number on there of someone that she knew.

Of course calling the police would be too much like common sense for the show in recent years.

I think you might have been watching on 5*? Little spoiler alert for channel 5 viewers. :wink:

12 hours ago, atrus said:

Thanks for that. Hmm. Definitely not Rawl plugs then!

I'm surprised, I must say. I know ITV used to cut it to ribbons, but I thought C5 hardly touched the show. I wouldn't have thought a knife at 6pm was desperately problematic, but perhaps they're just playing it safe...

They might have removed it to put another advert in, there's so may adverts these days I sometime forget what I'm watching lol. It really bugs me when they edit films on TV, they should tell you when they alter a broadcast.

Poor Evie seems to be susceptible to being controlled by people, first it was the cult, now it's Tank, similar situation but no Braxtons to rescue her. Looks like she's going to go into the bush and fall into a disused mine shaft perhaps?

Archived