Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Slade was Billie bashing again Brian.

So I'm assuming you missed the part of my post where I already explained my comment to Brian.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:18 AM, Slade said:

I meant it will be all the more sweeter in terms of the backlash Billie will get for the way she's treated VJ.

I'm finding grumpy Alf really quite amusing and I liked his three stooges remark towards Irene, John and Marilyn for their involvement with Duncan.  I especially liked the part at the end of the episode where he bit Duncan's head off and threw him out of the house.  I actually find myself on his side.  Duncan doesn't see him for years then shortly after Roo tells him about being cut out of his father's will he's able to somehow find time to come to see him in the bay although he wasn't able to after Alf had a heart attack and stroke.  I don't think Duncan not telling Alf he has a 5 year old child was good either.

Didn't think this plan of Justin's would work.  I found Kat annoying the way she was quizzing Tori and then Justin about the money.  And I was a bit surprised Tori told Kat so readily that she didn't know how Justin could have amassed fifty thousand dollars of savings.  I was glad Justin told to Kat to mind her own business regarding Tori.  Ash made a fair point about Kat not reporting Josh initially when he fessed up to her.  Given how she has conducted herself as a police officer what difference will covering one more time make?  Covering for stolen cash is no where near as bad as covering for someone who has killed someone.  She's so far gone as a police officer now anyway.

Nice to see Tori in a swimming costume.  Shame it wasn't a bikini.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Slade said:

I actually find myself on his side.  Duncan doesn't see him for years then shortly after Roo tells him about being cut out of his father's will he's able to somehow find time to come to see him in the bay although he wasn't able to after Alf had a heart attack and stroke.  I don't think Duncan not telling Alf he has a 5 year old child was good either.

Have to say, I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. Duncan's sudden desire for a reunion with Alf, given the context, did seem a bit suspect, and I really don't blame Alf at all for being less than welcoming. I think we're meant to tut, and say 'what a grumpy old man!' but I can definitely see Alf's perspective here, and I'd be more inclined to tut and say 'what a selfish son with an overblown sense of entitlement'. 

Why would you want to see Tori in a bikini Slade? She's not much to look at. Billie is the best chick in a bikini at the moment. Maddy was even better. Still we may have another teen lovefest brewing up with Mason and Evie, unless she is still hung up on Josh. It may take her a long time to get over him, but Mason said "I'm a fast worker". And surely the Billie/VJ drama can't go on for much longer, can it?  

4 hours ago, Ludub said:

Have to say, I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. Duncan's sudden desire for a reunion with Alf, given the context, did seem a bit suspect, and I really don't blame Alf at all for being less than welcoming. I think we're meant to tut, and say 'what a grumpy old man!' but I can definitely see Alf's perspective here, and I'd be more inclined to tut and say 'what a selfish son with an overblown sense of entitlement'. 

Of course though, being an Alf storyline they're now friendly again after two episodes after a troubled relationship spanning 17 years. Hunter & Olivia meanwhile seem to have spent all of two episodes in a relationship but their troubles feel like they're dragging on for 17 years.

13 hours ago, Brian said:

Why would you want to see Tori in a bikini Slade? She's not much to look at. Billie is the best chick in a bikini at the moment. Maddy was even better. 

Yes, I thought it was refreshing to see Tori in a one piece instead of the pushing it in your face bikini's that Kat wears lol. All the female cast members seem to have it written in their contract that they have to strip off and wear a bikini at least once except Roo who has to wear a sheet.

Yes, the Hunter Liv storyline is getting boring, let's move on and see them in new scenes. Felt for Hunter being coerced into going to the sleepover, I don't see why he was made to go.

1 hour ago, Psychic Wombat said:

Yes, I thought it was refreshing to see Tori in a one piece instead of the pushing it in your face bikini's that Kat wears lol. All the female cast members seem to have it written in their contract that they have to strip off and wear a bikini at least once except Roo who has to wear a sheet.

Yes, the Hunter Liv storyline is getting boring, let's move on and see them in new scenes. Felt for Hunter being coerced into going to the sleepover, I don't see why he was made to go.

Now  TO be fair, Kat is smokin' in a bikini! :wub: 

We need someone else to check out while Maddy's disappeared to the Bright lights of the city!

Methinks Mason's attempt at kissing Evie was more spontaneous than anything else, they are both on the rebound unless he's forgotten about the love of his life - Lara - already!   I know we don't know any of the Morgan's ages, but he has to be in his 20's at least.

Billie won't be able to get away with wearing a bikini for much longer, she'll soon be into wearing a sheet like Roo.  It could be the actress who plays Roo doesn't want to wear anything too revealing, not even a swimsuit or TPTB think that just because she is a certain age she shouldn't be. Bikini's don't have to be skimpy, Helen Mirren still looks OK in one. Talking of Roo although it was explained why Duncan didn't tell Alf about his grandson, there wasn't any reason not to tell her as apparently they have been in touch all this time or was it because he felt she would tell Alf anyway? Duncan did make the comment that he'd turned out to be a failure just like Alf said he would be, reason enough I think not to be in contact when things did go belly up.

I was surprised neither Irene, John or Marilyn picked up on the tension between Alf and Duncan, it was positively freezing in the Diner. I had to chuckle over Alf's three stooges line.

This new girl - Tabitha - who attends the same counselling class as Olivia looked all demure, but that was soon dispelled by seeing her having a go at Hunter. 

It can't have been an easy decision for Jordan to make, part of him must want to be with his dad but he's got a wise head on his shoulders by sticking with John and Maz - for now at least - until his dad gets a job and somewhere to live. I don't think DoCs would allow it either, they'd want him to be in a stable home with his dad working. The fact that Aaron I think his dad's name was had that photo of them framed and had kept it shows he does care and he is willing if not possibly happy Jordan wants to stay where he is.

I do get the idea behind the sleep out but shouldn't it have been just that outside instead of inside? I can see why Jordan decided against it, too many recent memories.

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Now  TO be fair, Kat is smokin' in a bikini! :wub: 

Now I don't find Kat hot at all..But that might be because I find her very annoying. The more annoying a character becomes the more their hotness meter falls with me... :lol: No but really there's only really Billie at the moment for the eye candy for me..

Archived