Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Cassie and Martha could develop a great friendship if the writers would give them a few more scenes together. Although I love Cassie and dislike Martha, so maybe it's not such a good idea...

As for Henk, I think we can safely say the writers have got this storyline wrong on so many levels. The original idea of the rape storyline was good, but the rest is just awful. With Kane it was realistic that he'd grown up and changed, but the whole idea that Henk 'found himself' while off travelling and subsequently had a complete personality transplant is laughable. His involvement with Martha and particularly Cassie is disturbing, and the fact that Rachel has kept quiet when her friends could be in danger isn't realistic or true to her character. I also think the actor is miscast (he looks too old). Get rid of him, please!!

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I think its unlikely that Rachel's character was suddenly revealed as having the terrible trauma of the rape in her past. Surely she would have mentioned it, or been wary of men, or shown it in some other way. I'm sure anyone who's been raped would be very damaged by it and not be such a calm, sorted out person like Rachel. Especially if she never told anyone and kept it all to herself, going over and over it in her head.

Hope that makes sense, its nearly my bedtime and its been a long day :(

Also, I think its unlikely that Rachel's character was suddenly revealed as having the terrible trauma of the rape in her past. Surely she would have mentioned it, or been wary of men, or shown it in some other way. I'm sure anyone who's been raped would be very damaged by it and not be such a calm, sorted out person like Rachel. Especially if she never told anyone and kept it all to herself, going over and over it in her head.

Hope that makes sense, its nearly my bedtime and its been a long day :(

I understand what your saying, you would think that during her relationship with Kim there would have been times when the rape would have come back to haunt her and you would think with Kim being the one person she loved and trusted the most in the world she would have opened up to him. It does seem strange

Yes, that's what I meant Mrs Baker. It just seems like some plot line they've thrown in for some reason. Although I've been thinking lately that Home and Away is in a good phase, with the drag racing, the Campbells storyline and others. When Tasha and Robbie were in it and they had that cult storyline, I didn't like it as much.

Thought tonights episode was superbly acted, especially Lucas and Belle. Belle seemed genuinely upset and shocked by what happened and poor Lucas, his portrayal of grief was brilliant. Drew was still typically selfish though until he realised Lisa had died. Still at least he came clean in the end, maybe there's hope for him.

I loved the recent episodes with Irene and Annie. Charlotte was fantastic and really portrayed Annie's confusion about what was happening to her, very well. Irene talking to kids and helping them...what she does best :D.

I thought the younger cast were incredible in yesterdays episode. Rhys was especially fantastic when Lucas was confronting Denni. You could just see the anger and confusion. All of them were simply amazing :D.

The crash scene was shocking even though i'd seen it before. If that doesn't get it into peoples heads about how dangerous drag racing is...I don't know what will!

Archived