Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady there, Mrs B ! :wink:

I like Michael better now but I'm still suspicious of why on earth Bruce made him guardian of the Campbells. Although now the bank have taken over the farm, Michael will have nothing, so hopefully he is being honest and doesn't hope to take over the farm himself :unsure:

Personally I find Jonah/Michael (what is it with H&A characters having two names?!) quite self-righteous and arrogant. Ok, so he went to prison and 'found himself', but that doesn't give him the right to act like the guru of Summer Bay. He irritates me even more now than he did when he was doing his pathetic bad-guy act with Tasha, and coupling him with Martha makes it ten times worse. Henceforth I'm not a happy bunny! <_<

Personally I find Jonah/Michael (what is it with H&A characters having two names?!) quite self-righteous and arrogant. Ok, so he went to prison and 'found himself', but that doesn't give him the right to act like the guru of Summer Bay. He irritates me even more now than he did when he was doing his pathetic bad-guy act with Tasha, and coupling him with Martha makes it ten times worse. Henceforth I'm not a happy bunny! <_<

My thoughts exactly! It's as if HAA are saying that him raping Tasha was fine simply because 'he's changed'. How many times have they done this now, first with Kane (this might sound a little hypocritical seeing as I acually liked his character and loved K/K), then with Henk and now Jonah. The worst thing is that I think they actually expect the audience to but it and alot do. I just wish they'd either treat rape as a serious issue and stop trivialising it or just don't use it at all.

My thoughts exactly! It's as if HAA are saying that him raping Tasha was fine simply because 'he's changed'. How many times have they done this now, first with Kane (this might sound a little hypocritical seeing as I acually liked his character and loved K/K), then with Henk and now Jonah. The worst thing is that I think they actually expect the audience to but it and alot do. I just wish they'd either treat rape as a serious issue and stop trivialising it or just don't use it at all.

I agree - I'm a huge KK fan but I despised the whole Henk storyline for the same reasons as you. They have actually said that Jonah didn't rape Tasha, which is something, but there are still too many similarities between the Kane, Henk and Jonah storylines for my liking. I just don't see why on earth they need to repeat such a disturbing issue time and time again. They did it well with Kane - he was a well thought out character and a large percentage of the audience came round to liking him by the end, but they still managed to maintain the controversial aspect of it and get people talking. Henk and Jonah simply pale by comparison.

Archived