Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I really like Sam.. it's not her fault she got into this ridiculous never-ending saga with Jack and Martha. I hope Bevan Lee kills one of them off (preferably Martha because Jack can easily go down whilst on duty as a bent cop) so Sam can finally get some peace and quiet, if not with Jack then someone else.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who was not hating Sam. She is a nurse but she is also a human being, who is hoping and praying that her boyfriend will come back to her. She didn't banish Tony from the room; she asked him to say positive things or don't bother.

And in the end she broke down.... with Tony there to help her.

I like Sam. It isn't always easy to identify with her, but that's what makes her a realistic character. People react differently to stress and it's obvious that she doesn't know what she's doing. She doesn't mean to be irrational, she's just terrified of losing her fiance. I also agree with Amii that she's too good for this awful storyline. I used to think she and Jack made such a great couple, but I hate the way they've brought her back just to play second fiddle to Martha. IMO it trivializes the relationship Jack and Sam had the first time round when they suggest that Jack's heart has been with Martha all along. Plus I hate what they're doing to Jack's character as an individual - he used to be a decent, sensible, hard working guy, and now he's become a pathetic, corrupt cop who's one sandwich short of a picnic and makes a hobby out of stringing women along. :angry:

I agree that Sam could be a really likeable character if not for this never-ending Jack-Martha-Sam storyline. I also didn't mind her the first time round and wish that she hadn't been brought back just to get in the way of Jack and Martha. She is now so annoying, clingy and demanding.

Also - is anyone else annoyed at how unconcerned everyone in Summer Bay seems at Jack being shot and in a coma!? Apart from Tony, Lucas, Rachel and Sam, it's hardly been mentioned!

I agree that Sam could be a really likeable character if not for this never-ending Jack-Martha-Sam storyline. I also didn't mind her the first time round and wish that she hadn't been brought back just to get in the way of Jack and Martha. She is now so annoying, clingy and demanding.

Also - is anyone else annoyed at how unconcerned everyone in Summer Bay seems at Jack being shot and in a coma!? Apart from Tony, Lucas, Rachel and Sam, it's hardly been mentioned!

That's because things like that happen on a regular basis in SB these days! Especially to Jack and Martha, shockingly. As for Sam being clingy and demanding, you're right, but can anyone really blame her when her fiance's ex-wife hangs around like their constant shadow? Particularly when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that he still has feelings for her. I just feel really sorry for Sam now. She risked her life and the life of her only child to be with Jack, and he doesn't even have the decency to be honest with her (or himself) about how he really feels. The ridiculous thing is that Jack and Martha's relationship would never work out realistically speaking - they're made out to be these great soulmates and yet every time they attempt to stay together it doesn't last five minutes.

Am I the only one who was not hating Sam. She is a nurse but she is also a human being, who is hoping and praying that her boyfriend will come back to her. She didn't banish Tony from the room; she asked him to say positive things or don't bother.

And in the end she broke down.... with Tony there to help her.

I like Sam. It isn't always easy to identify with her, but that's what makes her a realistic character. People react differently to stress and it's obvious that she doesn't know what she's doing. She doesn't mean to be irrational, she's just terrified of losing her fiance. I also agree with Amii that she's too good for this awful storyline. I used to think she and Jack made such a great couple, but I hate the way they've brought her back just to play second fiddle to Martha. IMO it trivializes the relationship Jack and Sam had the first time round when they suggest that Jack's heart has been with Martha all along. Plus I hate what they're doing to Jack's character as an individual - he used to be a decent, sensible, hard working guy, and now he's become a pathetic, corrupt cop who's one sandwich short of a picnic and makes a hobby out of stringing women along. :angry:

I agree with both of you. They were my thoughts exactly (that Sam didn't forbid Tony from visiting Jack, she just suggested that he be a little less negative around him).

I also like Sam, I mean in all seriousness what has she done wrong- apart from love Jack? The writers have completely changed Jack and Sam's relationship recently- at first I loved them as a couple and Jack seemed to be totally in love with Sam, but now it just seems as if she's the one clinging on to him while he doesn't love her as much. If anything I feel bad for Sam.

Also I'm loving the whole Ric/Mattie/Viv thing- is it wrong that I actually like Viv and want her and Ric to get together? I mean all Mattie really does is expect Ric to be there for her and like Viv said he needs looking after too.

That's because things like that happen on a regular basis in SB these days! Especially to Jack and Martha, shockingly. As for Sam being clingy and demanding, you're right, but can anyone really blame her when her fiance's ex-wife hangs around like their constant shadow? Particularly when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that he still has feelings for her. I just feel really sorry for Sam now. She risked her life and the life of her only child to be with Jack, and he doesn't even have the decency to be honest with her (or himself) about how he really feels. The ridiculous thing is that Jack and Martha's relationship would never work out realistically speaking - they're made out to be these great soulmates and yet every time they attempt to stay together it doesn't last five minutes.

Yeah, you're right, I'd probably be pretty clingly if I was Sam with Martha constantly in the background. However, I don't feel that sorry for her - Jack has already put her through so much - yet she still sticks around and puts up with more! She's a strong character - she protected herself and Rory from her crazy ex and she's been putting Lewis in his place recently - so she should have more self-respect.

Also, I don't care that Jack and Martha's relationship is unrealistic - I'm still holding out for a reunion - hopeless romantic - sorry!! :rolleyes::wub:

What on earth is Ric playing at with Viv :unsure: I really don't like this storyline, it just seems so out of character for Ric.

The scene with Sally and Brad finally realising their relationship was over, was very touching. I always though they would eventually find their way back to each other :(

Also, I don't care that Jack and Martha's relationship is unrealistic - I'm still holding out for a reunion - hopeless romantic - sorry!! :rolleyes::wub:

I realise that there are a lot of JM fans out there and I totally understand the romanticism of it all, but the writers have handled the whole JM thing so badly that any romantic notion I might once have had about them has been completely thrown out of the window. Jack and Martha clearly have a lot of chemistry and love each other deeply, but when it comes to having a relationship they're just not compatible. Both of them are incredibly immature and neither is prepared to compromise, which is a huge part of making a relationship work. Let's not forget that Martha couldn't handle Jack being a cop the first time round, so how would she be able to handle it if they got back together?

Loving the Leah/Dan and Brad/Sally stuff. I'm really glad the writers have been realistic about Brad and Sally - yes, it would have been sweet to see them reunited and some fans would have been very happy, but the majority of viewers seemed to realise that the chemistry just wasn't strong enough for them to last long-term.

On the other hand, I think the Ric/Matilda/Viv triangle is hideous. In fact, RM's relationship has been handled really badly since Beth died. Losing her mum was obviously going to have a huge impact on Matilda and on her and Ric's relationship, but I hate the way they've turned her into a nagging fish-wife. I also think that the choice of Viv as the other woman is all wrong - Ric would never go there with a married woman, particularly not some rich snob who isn't half as attractive as his girlfriend. It's such a shame things have turned out like this for (IMO) one of the show's best couples. :(

Archived