Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

That's the only fault I can pick with the whole revelation episode. Ok, so Sally could remember things that tallied with Miles' version of events, but surely she'd get it checked out properly? You don't just automatically believe some stranger when he tells you he's your long lost twin brother, no matter how much it makes sense.

Yeah a birth certificate would be good!

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am Most Cross that Lucas is leaving. I shall now sulk :P It was a well done scene when he was talking about Cassie and Henk having lots of kids in 5 years time and all the others were keeping silent. It really underlined how terribly Cassie's life changed in 24 hours, poor girl.

It's not that good, your very early memory can play tricks on you, especially if you've been given new information and she just suddenly remembers something she never recalled before.

Exactly. It's quite possible that she was imagining new memories to consolidate what she believed and wanted to be true. Obviously we know that's not the case, but it just seemed very presumptuous of her to go from thinking Miles was crazy to telling the world and his wife that she has a long lost twin, all within a matter of minutes. Even if she truly believed he was telling the truth, she wouldn't have gone round telling people as if it was a proven fact without getting it officially confirmed by a DNA test first.

Saying that, the acting was fantastic and it was a great episode (yes, I did remember to watch the repeat, woo!). It's just that small part I had a problem with, and that was a writing issue. :P

...Lucas has gone, you say? Hmm, what a huge gaping hole he's left behind! Seriously, though, I do think Rhys is a good actor, but Lucas never exactly set the show on fire did he? I always felt that he was there to sort of 'complete' the Holden family, but was never really given any weight as an individual character. It seemed like they always wanted to concentrate on Jack and Tony (or at least Tony's relationship with Beth and the Hunters, as Tony himself didn't get a storyline until Beth died), but needed an extra person to make them into a proper family.

...Lucas has gone, you say? Hmm, what a huge gaping hole he's left behind! Seriously, though, I do think Rhys is a good actor, but Lucas never exactly set the show on fire did he? I always felt that he was there to sort of 'complete' the Holden family, but was never really given any weight as an individual character. It seemed like they always wanted to concentrate on Jack and Tony (or at least Tony's relationship with Beth and the Hunters, as Tony himself didn't get a storyline until Beth died), but needed an extra person to make them into a proper family.

Which is as good a way as any to sum up exactly why I liked him. I don't like these obvious characters who are endlessly in every storyline. I like the more subtle ones who you're never quite sure about. And of course his best characteristic was that he was a writer :D

That's the only fault I can pick with the whole revelation episode. Ok, so Sally could remember things that tallied with Miles' version of events, but surely she'd get it checked out properly? You don't just automatically believe some stranger when he tells you he's your long lost twin brother, no matter how much it makes sense.

Yeah a birth certificate would be good!

Good idea, Miles would probably has got a copy of the original and Sally has probably got an original of her first birth certificate so then they can just compare them. The reason I say Miles 'has got a copy' is because when his Dad did a runner with him he wasn't likely to search around for the original was he? Plus as Miles has been overseas he would have needed one for a passport.

So a violent criminal who is a possible threat to certain people's lives and capable of murder escapes from prison and who is given the task of going round to explain things to the possible targets? Jack :lol: . Seriously it's just not believable at all, surely someone more senior would have been given that duty? Also Jack's whole 'we'll protect you' thing to Sally was pretty funny, if I was her I'd be pretty scared- I mean come on Summer Bay's police force weren't exactly effective when Sarah escaped and held half the town hostage and killed Noah or when Zoe kindnapped and almost killed Sally, or when she and Tracy tried to blow everyone up were they? On that note how do so many prisoners manage to escape in the first place?

Could be Jack was asked/decided to tell people was because he knows everyone in the Bay and would be able to break it better than an outside cop. How come Miles hasn't moved into the house, especially now Ric isn't about? Tony can't be expected to keep guard every night.

Archived