Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

First of all, about the Sally/Tom episode, does the person who has to take Sally's 'place' get given the same choice as her- with being able to chose whether to live or die? Because if not then it's hardly fair is it?

Yes, I thought that whole idea was very grim. So Sally was not supposed to die, but Miles was. Presumably that had already been decided by God/ Fate, so how come the situation turned out differently? :unsure: And then, as you say, the next person to die doesn't have a choice like Sally did :unsure: That isn't exactly reassuring if you believe in God, or Fate. It seems that its all a matter of luck. A philosophical question that we could keep on debating if we wanted?!?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martha was bitching about Sam but she hasnt exactly done anything to her since the wedding and Jack is trying. I think people need to look at Sam before judging.

I loved Sam's look in Tony's house. Life is about to get a lot more interesting.

She deserves it IMO. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yes, but IMO the very fact that she told Jack not to marry Sam and was about to stop the wedding kind of puts a dampner on any idea of friendship between Martha and Sam. Lol, maybe I'm just biased because I really can't stand Martha, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :) .

First of all, about the Sally/Tom episode, does the person who has to take Sally's 'place' get given the same choice as her- with being able to chose whether to live or die? Because if not then it's hardly fair is it?

Yes, I thought that whole idea was very grim. So Sally was not supposed to die, but Miles was. Presumably that had already been decided by God/ Fate, so how come the situation turned out differently? :unsure: And then, as you say, the next person to die doesn't have a choice like Sally did :unsure: That isn't exactly reassuring if you believe in God, or Fate. It seems that its all a matter of luck. A philosophical question that we could keep on debating if we wanted?!?

Yes, I mean if you look at all the HAA deaths in the context of Sally and Alf's near death experiences then it would seem that either they had all gone through the same thing (with being given a choice) and had all chosen to die rather than to live, and then you have to ask why they hadn't wanted to live enough and why they gave up on their lives and families (Chloe, Noah, Beth etc all had so much to live for)? Or the other side of it would be that they hadn't been given the same otion, and then you have to ask why Sally and Alf, and why not them? I agree with you about what you say about luck, it does seem like Sally getting in the way was bad luck (or good on Miles' part) and that the person who takes Sally's place will just be a victim of bad luck, moreso than Sally if they don't get given a choice.

I don't think we were meant to read into it so deeply. It's Home and Away, not a philosophy lesson. :P

I'm not surprised Sam is in cahoots with Johnny. There was always something about her I didn't like. :P:lol:

I'm so unbelievably disappointed with what they're doing to Sam. As if it wasn't bad enough to make her possessive and manipulative over Jack and Martha, they have to go and put the final nail in the coffin by turning her into an out and out criminal. Are the writers as blindly obsessed with Jack and Martha as their fans? (No disrespect to any JM fans intended). Sam was a great character and I find it quite disrespectful to her fans that they're doing this. :(

I'm not surprised Sam is in cahoots with Johnny. There was always something about her I didn't like. :P:lol:

I'm so unbelievably disappointed with what they're doing to Sam. As if it wasn't bad enough to make her possessive and manipulative over Jack and Martha, they have to go and put the final nail in the coffin by turning her into an out and out criminal. Are the writers as blindly obsessed with Jack and Martha as their fans? (No disrespect to any JM fans intended). Sam was a great character and I find it quite disrespectful to her fans that they're doing this. :(

On the contrary, I think this is the saving grace of her character. It makes her so much stronger and worthwhile than just a thorn in the J&M side. Nobody needs to be belittled that much to be just brought in as a cog in a wheel. This is a storyline in her own right which has actually won her a lot more fans at Oz pace than she had when she was a meagre nuisance to J&M.

No, we saw Shane get killed in a car crash while Jack was chasing him.She could have been involved in his drugs business but that seems unlikely if she turned him in.Maybe she knocked a man down in a hit and run accident and never told anyone...(And if you got that reference...sorry, there's no prize.)

How'd Johnny find out anyway?Did he wander around prison going "So, any of you guys got anything on anyone in Summer Bay?And if so can I have their phone number?"

On the contrary, I think this is the saving grace of her character. It makes her so much stronger and worthwhile than just a thorn in the J&M side. Nobody needs to be belittled that much to be just brought in as a cog in a wheel. This is a storyline in her own right which has actually won her a lot more fans at Oz pace than she had when she was a meagre nuisance to J&M.

I actually agree. Sam is her own character and that way we can see her in herself not entangled the JM saga.

Archived