Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Also I thought the explanation of Dan's death was a bit weak - I was all intrigued to find out what really happened, but I could have seen something like that coming a mile off. Leah's reaction was lovely though, and the new diner thing is a good idea.

That's about it, lol.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things I don't like so much: this Noel/Ric business. It just seems unnecessary and unrealistic.

I totally agree with you about this Noel and Ric business as it is way too boring and lifeless and I dont see any point to it.

is it just me or is Annie a real pain what gives her the right to tell Geoff what girls to fancy with trying to get him to like all these church goesers

To be honest I don't like either Annie or Geoff much at all. I thought I'd warm to them but it hasn't happened so far. They just seem so unrealistic with all their bible-bashing and naivety/stupidity. I'm sure there are still people like that in the world but in the context of Summer Bay where everyone is bed-hopping and causing scandal they just seem very out of place (not to mention annoying).

I have a feeling her last episode is gonna be a good one so I'll have my rant here:After twenty years of saying Summer Bay's her home and she wouldn't be happy anywhere else, Sally just seems to be leaving for the sake of leaving.She hasn't found love or purpose, become the research assistant of a world-famous archeologist or gone to help underprivileged children in the Sudan, she's decided to become the world's oldest gap-year student, dragging Cassie along on the grounds there's no problem too big to run away from and dragging Pippa along on the grounds an endless package tour is just the secure and stable environment to bring up a young child.Actually, it's all very similar to Beth's decision last year.And that ended well...

On the plus side:The Drop-In Centre's back!As someone who was furious with the way they just let Josh West close the old one down, I am chuffed beyond words.And it finally gives Leah something to do which is a bonus.

is it just me or is Annie a real pain what gives her the right to tell Geoff what girls to fancy with trying to get him to like all these church goesers

To be honest I don't like either Annie or Geoff much at all. I thought I'd warm to them but it hasn't happened so far. They just seem so unrealistic with all their bible-bashing and naivety/stupidity. I'm sure there are still people like that in the world but in the context of Summer Bay where everyone is bed-hopping and causing scandal they just seem very out of place (not to mention annoying).

Personally I find it refreshing to have some characters with morals! It's nice to see a TV show portray Christians as sane people too, usually when religion comes into it, it's some nutjob like Reverand Hall or Noah and Jude's mum.

Personally I find it refreshing to have some characters with morals! It's nice to see a TV show portray Christians as sane people too, usually when religion comes into it, it's some nutjob like Reverand Hall or Noah and Jude's mum.

I think Annie and Geoff have still to come into their own in terms of storylines and relationships with other characters. It's good that they are different to most of the other characters (in terms of religion/morals etc), but I'd like to see more of their relationship with Irene as that would make it easier to accept them. We hardly ever see them at home, which is strange as we used to see Hayley, Will, Kirsty and Kane etc at home with Irene all the time!

I've found myself starting to warm to Geoff a bit more recently as he discovers girls, but still find Annie annoying.

Obviously there's a big difference between Annie and Geoff and characters like Rev Hall, but I still think the portrayal of them is unrealistic. They might be sane but they're hardly what you'd call 'normal'. I'm quite open to characters who are openly religious but the writers always seem to go over the top - they're either completely evil or too good to be true.

Archived