Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I think it's a common misconception that religious people want everyone to think the same way they do, it's understandable to get that impression but I can say as I'm a Christian that the only reason I would want others to know God is because it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and all my Christian friends would say the same thing. I guess you can't really understand that unless you believe in it but it's not really at 'we're right anfd you're wrong' sort of thing. Not for me anyway.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know people have their own rights in what they belive in but it seems Geoff and Annie are planning to turn people into what they belive in i can remember Geoff saying something like they will longer to convince

I don't think Geoff and Annie's intentions were to "turn" anyone into clones of themselves, with the same identical beliefs. Belle was mocking his beliefs and telling him to look beyond the bible and Annie actually agreed with Belle. She even told Geoff that Belle was right and that other views can be valid too and that they should be open-minded.

Geoff then simply told Belle that it works both ways and that she cannot mock their beliefs, when she doesn't know enough about them, and that it would be better if she came to church herself and learnt about it more.

Neither Geoff or Annie had the intentions to convert Belle to christianity. They simply wanted her to be open minded like she wanted Geoff to be.

For a while I thought H&A was going in for Christian bashing and making them all out to be nutters. Strange how many people in the Bay have been married in that church but want to run away in horror if anyone suggests they go to church for a normal service.

For a while I thought H&A was going in for Christian bashing and making them all out to be nutters. Strange how many people in the Bay have been married in that church but want to run away in horror if anyone suggests they go to church for a normal service.

I really want to get married in a church and i'm an atheist. It's just a tradition thing i think. I cos churches are usually really nice buildings. I think it's normal that they don't go to church but get married in a church.

I really want to get married in a church and i'm an atheist. It's just a tradition thing i think. I cos churches are usually really nice buildings. I think it's normal that they don't go to church but get married in a church.

At the risk of going off topic, why would you want to get married in a church if you don't believe in what it represents? I understand it for people who don't attend church on a regular basis but still believe in God, but it seems a bit odd to stand there and make promises to a God you don't even believe in. :unsure:

At the risk of going off topic, why would you want to get married in a church if you don't believe in what it represents? I understand it for people who don't attend church on a regular basis but still believe in God, but it seems a bit odd to stand there and make promises to a God you don't even believe in. :unsure:

I don't really know :P

No, I think it's just that I'm a bit of a traditionalist (is that a word?!). And also it is just the morals of it. I agree with those. I will just be making the promises to myself and my husband instead of to a God. :)

Archived