Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Sorry, I forgot they squeeze the credits down so no-one can read them.I was referring to amateur poet, part-time vandal and not-actually-a-mole-for-the-newspaper-despite-my-saying-it Tor, whose name is given as Tor Jackson in the end credits but Belle prefers to call him Tor Watson.

Having just watched tonight's episode:Seriously, I cannot believe they did that!!Trying not to give away too much for people that don't know what's coming up, somewhere off screen in this episode was a moment that people have been waiting for for a long time but all we get is Irene hugging an extra in an oversized parka!It's all very well building suspense but here we're deprived of an important emotional moment purely so they don't give too much away.And both Irene and the person she was talking to on the phone took an awfully long time to recognise each other...

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having just watched tonight's episode:Seriously, I cannot believe they did that!!Trying not to give away too much for people that don't know what's coming up, somewhere off screen in this episode was a moment that people have been waiting for for a long time but all we get is Irene hugging an extra in an oversized parka!It's all very well building suspense but here we're deprived of an important emotional moment purely so they don't give too much away.And both Irene and the person she was talking to on the phone took an awfully long time to recognise each other...

Actually I think the way they did it was a good idea. If Kirsty had suddenly appeared out of nowhere after three years it would have been too random (for those who weren't expecting it at least!). The suspense is driving me crazy but I'm pleased with how it's been done. Can't wait to see them both now!!! :D And Oliver is every bit as adorable as people say. :wub:

I'm sorry to be a party-pooper and I am looking forward to seeing them but I don't think it's been handled very well.It's failing to follow the first rule of storytelling:Show, don't tell.Last night we got the Big Reveal...via Irene casually mentioning Kirsty's name in the middle of a phone conversation.It probably shocked a few people but a few others probably missed it.And anyone who wasn't watching the show three years ago just went "Who's Kirsty?"Given that Irene's now spoken to her at least four times and met her in person at least once, there doesn't seem to be anything for her to do except suddenly appear out of nowhere.

On the plus side:Yes, Oliver is adorable.

I'm sorry to be a party-pooper and I am looking forward to seeing them but I don't think it's been handled very well.It's failing to follow the first rule of storytelling:Show, don't tell.Last night we got the Big Reveal...via Irene casually mentioning Kirsty's name in the middle of a phone conversation.It probably shocked a few people but a few others probably missed it.And anyone who wasn't watching the show three years ago just went "Who's Kirsty?"Given that Irene's now spoken to her at least four times and met her in person at least once, there doesn't seem to be anything for her to do except suddenly appear out of nowhere.

I agree with you. I thought there would be a bit more suspense about who it was - especially as they went to so much trouble to hide her face at the first meeting. To just mention it so casually was disappointing - I was looking forward to her big appearance. I don't think it will have the same impact now.

I agree with you. I thought there would be a bit more suspense about who it was - especially as they went to so much trouble to hide her face at the first meeting. To just mention it so casually was disappointing - I was looking forward to her big appearance. I don't think it will have the same impact now.

EmyKate, That's always going to be the way if people haven't been long time viewers of any soap, old characters will turn up out of the blue and the regulars will have to explain to 'newcomers' (and the audience) who they are and why they left the Bay. Irene's previous telephone conversations were unclear as to the sex of the person on the other end, she calls both males and females love and sweetheart It wasn't until last night it was finally made clear that it was Kirsty. I'm with you both Oliver is a little darling :wub:

How typical, Nicole tries to do something nice for a change and it all goes wrong! Looks like I might have been wrong about Aden, it seems he just associates closeness with what happened with his Granddad.

I do think Kirsty should have appeared at the end of last night's episode, rather than just her name being revealed over the phone. I'd assumed that Irene was going to meet her so it was a bit disappointing. The original idea was good but I would have liked the build up to last two or three days at most - now it seems we're going to have to wait until next week before we see either of them. :(

The one thing I really enjoyed about last night's episode were the Jazz/Rachel/Tony scenes.

The existing friendships in the Bay haven't recieved a lot of focus of late, but I've loved watching how Jazz and Tony's friendship has developed. I really enjoyed their parting scene and thought it really summed up both the characters: Tony always being there for Jazz and Jazz, deep down, just needs someone to lean on.

I liked how Rachel was brought into it too and was the one to make Jazz see sense.

Overall a mighty fine episode, I have to say. :)

Great scenes with Ric. Matty, Morag and Ross. Each couple both wanting to be alone but both being too polite to actually say so. Funny scenes in the diner when Coleen, Roman and Leah were so concerned about Gavin being the food critic when it was Morag along. :D Bit of a turn around for Gavin - he was actually nice!

Lovely little talk between Leah and Miles when he said Jazz had helped him move on and showed him he was ready to form new relationships. I'm guessing here, but I think it could be him and Leah, she does obviously like him.

Talking of Ross, just what was that phone call all about? The way he said 'I love you' didn't sound that convincing to me! If he dares hurt Morag he had better think of leaving the country!!

Speaking of leaving the country, it seems Cassie must have left Sally in Thailand as she turned up in New York and was held hostage in a bank raid (still pregnant). Though I must admit I didn't recognise her!

did anyone notice at the end of todays episode the voiceover guy seem really bored with Martha and this up coming baby storyline with Jack and Roman he said something like could tell something like that was going happen he seemed has bored has me with Martha and Jack :lol:

did anyone notice at the end of todays episode the voiceover guy seem really bored with Martha and this up coming baby storyline with Jack and Roman he said something like could tell something like that was going happen he seemed has bored has me with Martha and Jack :lol:

Yes! And he's right - predictable much.

Archived