Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Maybe it's just me, but the impression I get is that Kirsty hasn't really been on speaking terms with Rhys and Shelley since she and Kane ran away. Whilst it would be quite out of character for them to turn their backs on her, perhaps she just doesn't feel she can turn to them after everything that's happened. It would be nice if something was mentioned about the rest of the Sutherlands though, if only to clear these things up!

I also felt that the scene between Matilda and Kirsty in today's ep didn't quite fit. They're meant to be step-sisters (well, ex) and yet we've seen no interaction or even acknowledgement between them until now, so their first scene being a pointless argument about the robbery just seemed out of place. It feels like we must have missed about half a dozen previous conversations between them...if that makes sense? :unsure:

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me, but the impression I get is that Kirsty hasn't really been on speaking terms with Rhys and Shelley since she and Kane ran away. Whilst it would be quite out of character for them to turn their backs on her, perhaps she just doesn't feel she can turn to them after everything that's happened. It would be nice if something was mentioned about the rest of the Sutherlands though, if only to clear these things up!

I agree. Just some acknowledgement would be good

I also felt that the scene between Matilda and Kirsty in today's ep didn't quite fit. They're meant to be step-sisters (well, ex) and yet we've seen no interaction or even acknowledgement between them until now, so their first scene being a pointless argument about the robbery just seemed out of place. It feels like we must have missed about half a dozen previous conversations between them...if that makes sense? :unsure:

I dont but thats just me.

I kind of agree with that. Although saying that Kirsty is not really on speaking terms implies that they fell out. I was under the impression her and Kane didn’t contact anyone at all for three years. Assuming that they did contact Rhys and Shelly I can’t imagine that he would miss out on an opportunity to get to know Oliver. I think that he would see him as the son he never had.

Whilst I understand Matilda’s anger I felt she should have been mature enough to see that it wasn’t actually Kirsty’s fault. She didn’t commit the robbery. Even Ric understood. Up to this point I wondered what their first meeting would be like. I was hoping Kirsty would maybe hug Matilda and tell her how sorry she was to hear that Beth died and that she was like a mother to her. Oh well.

This is exactly what I've been thinking.Kirsty hasn't spoken to her parents in three years and there's absolutely no indication that they know where she is.We didn't even hear about their reaction when she ran away in the first place but this is even more ridiculous.Although that would be one awkward phone call.("Hey, Mum, Dad, you know how I went on the run with that guy I illegally married after he was convicted of the one crime he didn't commit?Well, now he's doing nine years after turning into a one man crime wave and I'm living in a caravan in our old garden with the three-year-old grandson you've never met.How've you been?")Oh-and we now know where Kirsty's been sleeping.They chucked Annie out of her room?!Sadists.

It is odd there's been no interaction between Kirsty and Matilda before now, although come to think of it, none of the Sutherlands actually liked Mattie, apart from Max.I understood Matilda shouting at Kirsty the first time, Leah's comments were plain ridiculous("It's really terrible what happened to Kane..." What, robbing you and effectively bankrupting your business?), but the second time was a bit extreme, especially when she was just there to apologise.Which was a bit belated frankly, especially since she said she was going to do it several episodes ago.

And Belle was expecting a "fun, meaningless relationship" with Aden?Has she noticed how many neuroses the guy's got?

This is exactly what I've been thinking.Kirsty hasn't spoken to her parents in three years and there's absolutely no indication that they know where she is.We didn't even hear about their reaction when she ran away in the first place but this is even more ridiculous.Although that would be one awkward phone call.("Hey, Mum, Dad, you know how I went on the run with that guy I illegally married after he was convicted of the one crime he didn't commit?Well, now he's doing nine years after turning into a one man crime wave and I'm living in a caravan in our old garden with the three-year-old grandson you've never met.How've you been?")Oh-and we now know where Kirsty's been sleeping.They chucked Annie out of her room?!Sadists.

It is odd there's been no interaction between Kirsty and Matilda before now, although come to think of it, none of the Sutherlands actually liked Mattie, apart from Max.I understood Matilda shouting at Kirsty the first time, Leah's comments were plain ridiculous("It's really terrible what happened to Kane..." What, robbing you and effectively bankrupting your business?), but the second time was a bit extreme, especially when she was just there to apologise.Which was a bit belated frankly, especially since she said she was going to do it several episodes ago.

And Belle was expecting a "fun, meaningless relationship" with Aden?Has she noticed how many neuroses the guy's got?

I think Kirsty did mention before that Rhys and Shelley may try and take Oliver off her, that is probably stopping her contacting them.

Agree with the last point, Belle should mention to Aden about seeing his dad drinking, when it comes out (as it usually does) that she knew he'd been drinking again and didn't say anthing that will turn Aden against her for keeping secrets from him.

Haven't we been through this keeping the other person involved with the baby before? As in Kim, Kit and Rachel. I know it's different this time because with KK & R Kit knew he was the dad, just a twist this time.

Annie was sharing with Irene and Annie's snoring was keeping Irene awake, hardly sadistic.

I think Kirsty did mention before that Rhys and Shelley may try and take Oliver off her, that is probably stopping her contacting them.

Agree with the last point, Belle should mention to Aden about seeing his dad drinking, when it comes out (as it usually does) that she knew he'd been drinking again and didn't say anthing that will turn Aden against her for keeping secrets from him.

Haven't we been through this keeping the other person involved with the baby before? As in Kim, Kit and Rachel. I know it's different this time because with KK & R Kit knew he was the dad, just a twist this time.

Annie was sharing with Irene and Annie's snoring was keeping Irene awake, hardly sadistic.

Wasn’t Kim involved in another storyline like this, with Haley and Scott as well?

I guess it’s a soap so they will always try and recycle previous storylines. They’ve done it quite a few times before!

I was glad Mattie had a go at Kirsty I'm so fed up with eveyone in the Bay acting like Kane was a great guy I mean after what he did to Dannni and putting that guy in hospital it was about time he went to jail. I know the robbery wasn't Kirsty's fault but she bought all the pain shes going through on herself so its a bit much her whinging all the time. I hope they follow up with her contacting her parents or Jade as she was always on her side.

I'm bored of the whos baby is it storyline too like you said they've done it before with Kim,Scott and Hayley.

They're meant to be step-sisters (well, ex) and yet we've seen no interaction or even acknowledgement between them until now, so their first scene being a pointless argument about the robbery just seemed out of place. It feels like we must have missed about half a dozen previous conversations between them...if that makes sense? :unsure:

I think you are right about this - I'd actually completely forgot that they used to be step-sisters as their interaction has been non-existant - some kind of acknowledgement of this and of Kirsty's reaction to Beth's death would have been good.

On a different note, I'm glad they are actually showing Ric's difficulty in coming to terms with being threatened by a gun. Usually these kind of traumatic experiences are forgotten about by the next day in Summer Bay, so it's been nice seeing some realism for a change.

On a different note, I'm glad they are actually showing Ric's difficulty in coming to terms with being threatened by a gun. Usually these kind of traumatic experiences are forgotten about by the next day in Summer Bay, so it's been nice seeing some realism for a change.

Yeah although I’m not sure how consistent that is considering that Johnny Cooper almost stabbed him to death all those months ago and he seemed fine after that.

Aww, they got rid of Pat.I liked Pat.Wasn't Annie's expression when Ruby was talking about the things she and her boyfriend get up to hilarious?I can't believe there's now someone in the show shorter than her.Either she's had a growth spurt when I wasn't looking or Ruby's REALLY short.

When Kirsty said Rhys and Shelley would take Oliver off her, that was when she was planning to take him on the run again.Now that they're in the clear and Kane's out of the picture I think they'd be a lot more happy to see her.And even if they weren't, I'm sure Dani and Jade would.Having turned her back on her family three years ago, surely she at least owes them the choice of whether or not they still want her in their lives?

Archived