Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

When Kirsty said Rhys and Shelley would take Oliver off her, that was when she was planning to take him on the run again.Now that they're in the clear and Kane's out of the picture I think they'd be a lot more happy to see her.And even if they weren't, I'm sure Dani and Jade would.Having turned her back on her family three years ago, surely she at least owes them the choice of whether or not they still want her in their lives?

I think she probably feels too ashamed to face them. After all, when she chose to run away with Kane she effectively cut them out of her life and the life of their only grandchild. That's a bit of a slap in the face to say the least, especially when you consider how much she'd already put them through. But I do still think they'd get in touch. Obviously Tammin Sursok isn't likely to return anytime soon, but maybe we'll see a cameo from Paula or Michael if Christie decides to stick around? Or at the very least they could get Christie to do a turn as Laura.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like Kirsty the problem is that she doesn’t really contemplate the implications of her actions. She has always been like this. Of course when they left in 2005 they felt they had no choice, as Kane was innocent. As you’ve said now that he is out of the picture, she should try to put herself in her parent’s/sister’s shoes. Your daughter/sister absconds with a known felon for 3 years without so much of a phone call to let you know that she is alive and well. Furthermore you miss out on 3 years with your first grandchild/nephew. Could she manage without Oliver for three years? If she’s really too ashamed to contact her parents then you would have thought that she would get in touch with Dani or Jade first to test the water. They could probably speak to Rhys and Shelly just to warn them so the are no surprises.

She doesn’t just owe it to her family, she owes it to her son as well!

Yes, you're right, and in all probability I'm sure she would contact them or vice versa, if there was a chance that any of the actors might return. Seeing as there isn't, the writers probably don't see the point in bringing the issue up. I think they're wrong though - it wouldn't be hard to have a scene where Kirsty speaks to Rhys and Shelley on the phone, or to have her go and visit them in the city. It does annoy me when soap writers do things like this as it basically implies that they think the viewers are too stupid to notice.

Yes, you're right, and in all probability I'm sure she would contact them or vice versa, if there was a chance that any of the actors might return. Seeing as there isn't, the writers probably don't see the point in bringing the issue up. I think they're wrong though - it wouldn't be hard to have a scene where Kirsty speaks to Rhys and Shelley on the phone, or to have her go and visit them in the city. It does annoy me when soap writers do things like this as it basically implies that they think the viewers are too stupid to notice.

I think that there should be some mention of them like you said as it means the writers think we are dumb and cant think that far back :rolleyes:

On the subject of Kirstie how come she gets offered and takes the secretary's job at the school when she says herself she has no experience :huh: It may be just me or does anybody else think Martin interest a bit too keen? He hasn't seen her for years and yet he is acting like he is her best buddy. It seems a bit creepy to me.

Aww Mattie and Rics break up was so sad! I love those two together.

On the subject of Kirstie how come she gets offered and takes the secretary's job at the school when she says herself she has no experience :huh: It may be just me or does anybody else think Martin interest a bit too keen? He hasn't seen her for years and yet he is acting like he is her best buddy. It seems a bit creepy to me.

I agree

Yep, seems like Mr Bartlett has a thing for Kirsty. Which is kind of creepy considering he used to teach her. :blink:

Loved today's ep, Indiana and Mark did a great job as usual. It was nice to see a realistic storyline for once, and one that was portrayed so well. In a way I'd quite like them to leave it there as it's a situation that happens to lots of young people and often there isn't a happy ending. But Matilda and Ric have been through so much and I've always loved them together, so I'm still hoping it will work out.

Archived