Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I really liked Roman at first but now all he seems to do is frown and moan. I hope they give him some better material soon - obviously his relationship with Nicole is meant to be full of angst but it would be nice to see some fun times between them as well, and I'd really like him to get together with someone other than Charlie, who I just can't warm to at all. His friendship with Miles seemed promising but they don't seem to be following that up lately.

I agree about the Nicole point, all they seem to do is argue. I mean they will argue at times but like you said it would be good to see some fun times between them

Roman doesnt really have a lot of friends if you think about it, only really Aden and Miles, possibly Irene as well

I think Ric and Roman would make a good friendship, maybe Ric turning to Roman for advice about his business <_<

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the friendship between Roman and Miles was one of my favourite relationships on the show but it's been badly neglected since they were both given a gaggle of youngsters to look after.And Roman really does need to learn to stop being so uptight with Nicole and alienating her.

And yes, thumbs down to Aden.Freaking out was understandable but turning on Belle like that was way out of line.Interesting he didn't feel the need to treat Nicole that badly when they tried it.

I really liked Roman at first but now all he seems to do is frown and moan. I hope they give him some better material soon - obviously his relationship with Nicole is meant to be full of angst but it would be nice to see some fun times between them as well, and I'd really like him to get together with someone other than Charlie, who I just can't warm to at all. His friendship with Miles seemed promising but they don't seem to be following that up lately.

Aden isn’t exactly a barrel of laughs either. Eighty percent of the time he walks around with a face like a wet weekend.

To be honest I don’t think Roman’s got a lot to be happy about at the moment. Admittedly he is with Charlie so you think he would be cheerful about something but I don’t think he’s really concentrating on the relationship/fling because his mind is preoccupied with Nicole. And obviously there’s the stuff with Martha, the baby and the cancer.

I think Charlie’s ok. I didn’t like her at first but she clearly likes Roman and I think she’s been quite tolerant so far.

Aden isn’t exactly a barrel of laughs either. Eighty percent of the time he walks around with a face like a wet weekend.

To be honest I don’t think Roman’s got a lot to be happy about at the moment. Admittedly he is with Charlie so you think he would be cheerful about something but I don’t think he’s really concentrating on the relationship/fling because his mind is preoccupied with Nicole. And obviously there’s the stuff with Martha, the baby and the cancer.

I think Charlie’s ok. I didn’t like her at first but she clearly likes Roman and I think she’s been quite tolerant so far.

I understand that Roman has a lot on his mind with Nicole and Martha, but he could at least crack a smile once in a while. He has a great girlfriend in Charlie and runs a hugely successful business <_<

And yes, thumbs down to Aden.Freaking out was understandable but turning on Belle like that was way out of line.Interesting he didn't feel the need to treat Nicole that badly when they tried it.

Thats a very good point

Surely if he was going to react like he did to Belle, he should have done the same for Nicole. Im not defending what he did but like you said it seems strange how he reacted differently to both Belle and Nicole <_<

To be honest I don’t think Roman’s got a lot to be happy about at the moment.

That's what I mean, his storylines have all become too grim too quickly. It wouldn't be so bad if he was an established character (let's face it, Martha and Jack's storylines regularly involve packing as much misery as is humanly possible into half an hour), but we hadn't really had time to get to know him before the doom and gloom was piled on. It would have been nice to see more of Roman as he usually is before he became all troubled and sulky.

To be honest I don’t think Roman’s got a lot to be happy about at the moment.

That's what I mean, his storylines have all become too grim too quickly. It wouldn't be so bad if he was an established character (let's face it, Martha and Jack's storylines regularly involve packing as much misery as is humanly possible into half an hour), but we hadn't really had time to get to know him before the doom and gloom was piled on. It would have been nice to see more of Roman as he usually is before he became all troubled and sulky.

Maybe if they dived into his past, we could see him in his army days and see his relationship with Nicole when she was younger, it would give us a better insight into his character <_<

Thats a very good point

Surely if he was going to react like he did to Belle, he should have done the same for Nicole. Im not defending what he did but like you said it seems strange how he reacted differently to both Belle and Nicole <_<

Is that a continuity error or perhaps Aden didn’t really like Nicole in that way so he wasn’t under as much pressure. Because he likes Belle so much perhaps he felt he couldn’t handle the situation so he flipped out.

Thats a very good point

Is that a continuity error or perhaps Aden didn’t really like Nicole in that way so he wasn’t under as much pressure. Because he likes Belle so much perhaps he felt he couldn’t handle the situation so he flipped out.

I think it was a continuity error, if he didnt like Nicole in that way then really he would not have let it get that far in the first place <_<

Thats a very good point

I think it was a continuity error, if he didnt like Nicole in that way then really he would not have let it get that far in the first place <_<

If I remember correctly Nicole came on to Aden whereas with Belle (and as they are seeing each other) it was a joint decision. He honestly thought he could go through with it. The reason he lashed out at Belle and what he said was very cruel was to cover his shame at not being able to.

Archived