Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been thinking about the situation Aden’s in and I don’t see how he can escape a custodial sentence. He just has to go to jail. I mean come on, attempted murder, kidnapping (even Dom had to serve time when he kidnapped Belle last year). And lets face it there were three witnesses, they’ve got the drugs as evidence. I imagine his best bet is to use his past to play the temporary insanity card but even saying that…..

It will be interesting to see if and or how exactly he does get out of this.

I think the point with Aden is that all the abuse he's suffered over the years has twisted him. He's not thinking like a sane person would and if he'd had help when he needed it most it wouldn't have come to this. As well as what grandfather had done he'd also been beaten by his brother and had had to look after his alcoholic father for years plus be the soul carer when he came out of hospital. He'd been betrayed by every person in his life that was supposed to protect him. I think when he got togther with Belle he thought it was over that he could be happy but when Larry told him that his grandfather had done it to him too and so knew what he was doing to Aden , Aden broke. It also explains why Larrys been such a screw up and lousy father because he didn't have any help over what his dad did to him. I don't think Rachel has forgiven him but I think as she's trained in psychology she understands. I hope Belle sticks to her guns at least for now as it would be stupid if she forgave him so easily.

I’ve been thinking about the situation Aden’s in and I don’t see how he can escape a custodial sentence. He just has to go to jail. I mean come on, attempted murder, kidnapping (even Dom had to serve time when he kidnapped Belle last year). And lets face it there were three witnesses, they’ve got the drugs as evidence. I imagine his best bet is to use his past to play the temporary insanity card but even saying that…..

My thoughts exactly, he should go to jail.At least they've charged him before letting him back onto the streets.(The clinic where he's ended up is hardly a secure facility-Melody's in there and she hardly falls into the danger to society category.)But a temporary insanity plea would probably get him mitigation, especially if the psych evaluation backs it up.

Actually, I don't think Dom did go to jail for kidnapping Belle, mainly because she never reported it. (Belle, you really have got to stop having sympathy for these people.)It was the stolen parts thing that he served time for.

I agree with you too, Oipoodle, although I don't recall his brother ever beating him, it was Ric he laid into and Aden covered for him.I actually think, since they appeared to be living together away from Larry at the time, that he and his brother had bonded over their shared abuse, which may explain why Sean was so protective of him.

And I really hope Belle doesn't just decide to forget about this after everything Aden did to her and Rachel.

My thoughts exactly, he should go to jail.At least they've charged him before letting him back onto the streets.(The clinic where he's ended up is hardly a secure facility-Melody's in there and she hardly falls into the danger to society category.)But a temporary insanity plea would probably get him mitigation, especially if the psych evaluation backs it up.

Actually, I don't think Dom did go to jail for kidnapping Belle, mainly because she never reported it. (Belle, you really have got to stop having sympathy for these people.)It was the stolen parts thing that he served time for.

I agree with you too, Oipoodle, although I don't recall his brother ever beating him, it was Ric he laid into and Aden covered for him.I actually think, since they appeared to be living together away from Larry at the time, that he and his brother had bonded over their shared abuse, which may explain why Sean was so protective of him.

And I really hope Belle doesn't just decide to forget about this after everything Aden did to her and Rachel.

I thought his brother beat Aden up but Aden told the police it was Ric who did it because he was afraid of his brother. In the end he told the truth I dunno maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I think it was when Cassie was going out with Aden

I thought his brother beat Aden up but Aden told the police it was Ric who did it because he was afraid of his brother. In the end he told the truth I dunno maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I think it was when Cassie was going out with Aden

No, you are remembering wrong.I think you're getting him confused with Kane(which is easy to do frankly-for a start Morag gave the same speech about helping them because they reminded her of Ric). What happened was that Ric accidentally injured Aden during rugby training and put him in hospital.Aden claimed Ric had done it on purpose, which probably contributed to his brother(Sean)beating up Ric in revenge for what he'd done to Aden.Aden then told the police that Sean had been with him at the time but after Ric effectively goaded Sean into attacking him again in order to get him arrested Aden admitted the truth.

I was getting confused between Ric and Aden I thought Aden was the one who'd got attacked not Ric must be getting old :huh:

I can't wait to see what happens with Melody either I didn't like the way it ended with her doing everything her mother wanted so this is an interesting twist.

Well I guess that answers my question of whether Geoff and Nicole slept together. I don’t think this relationship is going to last very long because it’s obvious that they want different things.

I like Aden, I think he’s a good character but I have to say he’s not doing himself any favours at the moment.

Firstly there was attitude when he was being assed by the psychiatrist. He came across as though he was better than everybody in that place and he was acting like he had no right to question him. He’s the luckiest person around at the moment as by rights he should have been remanded in custody.

Then later on he rushed up to Melody’s dad and said something like “I wouldn’t hurt Melody, I’m the one who put Axel in hospital”. This only reaffirms that he clearly hasn’t shown one ounce of remorse for what he’s done. The guy is completely unrepentant!

I want Aden to get out of this but not unless he actually takes ownership and acknowledges what he did was wrong.

Archived