Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Yay for Ruby for finally pointing out to Geoff what he had to do.(Shame he then ran off with Nicole instead of talking to Melody, who's still sitting around waiting for him to declare his undying love.)And yay for Rachel, seemingly the only person in the Bay capable of being objective.I was hoping Leah had got over this jealousy thing but no, it's back.I wouldn't mind but it seems she only wants Miles when he's unavailable, getting the claws out for Jazz and Kirsty, then when he's interested in her acting all childish and refusing to talk to him.

Geoff looked a total fish out of water at Nicole's mum's.Even better, so did Nicole, which just shows how much she's changed.Interesting that the story we told in the Bay now appears to be completely true when at the time it seemed she was being economical.We can probably add Natalie to the list of Bad Mothers, the way she leaned on Nicole when she first showed up suggests that Nic's the one who has to play parent most of the time.And it looks as though she's learned the same lesson she accidentally taught Geoff all those months ago, that the most important thing to look for in a potential partner is that they're actually a good person.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm I always wondered if we would get to see Nicole’s mother at some point. I’m surprised Nicole was so willing to pack a suitcase and go straight down to the city to help her considering that after all this stuff happened with Elliot when she caught pneumonia Nat didn’t even bother coming down to the hospital to visit her.

She seems like another Amanda/Jazz type character – Lying, scheming, manipulative, calculating. Just what I like. Already we can see where Nicole picked up some of her less desirable characteristics from.

I assume that the problem she’s having with her house is an excuse to bring her to the Bay. If that’s the case with any luck she’ll stir things up with some of the locals like her two predecessors did.

I actually didn’t have too much of a problem with Leah having a go a Kirsty like that. It was preferable to before where she blatantly tried to backstab her. At least she did it to her face. The only thing which really bothered me was the fact that she was supposed to be her friend. WAS being the operative word.

Another really good episode!?! The party scene was a really good device to show why Nicole is like she is- or was when she first came to the bay. Shallow, fashion obsessed people showing off all the time- it reminded me of those 80s films like St Elmos Fire, The Breakfast Club. And that ex boyfriend of hers: what a sleazy- er- person! It just showed why Nicole likes Geoff and how he would be such a good boyfriend for her- an honest straightforward chap who is the opposite of her. What a terrible world Nicole grew up in, it makes Summer Bay with all its intrigues seem charming and old fashioned.

I think its a bit unfair saying Leah was being childish with Miles when he first liked her- she had only just lost Dan remember, and she felt guilty thinking about another man in that way. I think its still too soon for her to think about another boyfriend- Dan hasn't even been dead a year has he? :o I think she shouldn't have had a go at Kirsty though, it isn't any of her business. However it has made her think about how she does feel about Miles, so maybe she is ready to do that now :unsure:

I'm still convinced that Leah/Ada had some health/ pregnancy issues recently and that is why she hasn't been around much lately and has been intermittently seen in billowing dresses.

I do feel sorry for Kirsty, she isn't a bad person, all she does is dive into situations without thinking and then by trying to get herself out of them, she creates even bigger situations.

I think it was interesting what Irene said, that Kirsty is so used to lying about Kane and trying to protect him that she now just does it instinctively. Going up to the guy's hotel room was ridiculous though - the old Kirsty would never have done that in a million years. Regardless of what a lot of fans seem to think, Kirsty is about as far from being a slut as you can possibly get. The girl is 21 and has only slept with two men in her life, whereas characters like Belle and Cassie basically jump into bed with anyone who looks twice at them.

I actually hope Miles doesn't forgive her though - there's a reason she went to such lengths to help Kane, and she's never going to love Miles like she loves him. Simple.

I think its a bit unfair saying Leah was being childish with Miles when he first liked her- she had only just lost Dan remember, and she felt guilty thinking about another man in that way. I think its still too soon for her to think about another boyfriend- Dan hasn't even been dead a year has he? :o I think she shouldn't have had a go at Kirsty though, it isn't any of her business. However it has made her think about how she does feel about Miles, so maybe she is ready to do that now :unsure:

I get your point but I think I stand by what I said.All she had to do was tell Miles she wasn't ready to move on but instead she went around ignoring him and being rude to him and even stopping VJ from spending time with him, which was effectively punishing her son because she couldn't deal with the situation.

I stand by what I said :P Grief does funny things to people and makes them act weirdly. Anyway, didn't she tell Miles she wasn't ready to move on? I'm sure she did, that's why he backed off. I think he was really insensitive at that time anyway, he should have realised the state she was in, especially as he has only just got over his own wife's death two years later, so didn't it occur to him that Leah might take two years as well? What a numpty :rolleyes:

Another really good episode!?! The party scene was a really good device to show why Nicole is like she is- or was when she first came to the bay. Shallow, fashion obsessed people showing off all the time- it reminded me of those 80s films like St Elmos Fire, The Breakfast Club. And that ex boyfriend of hers: what a sleazy- er- person! It just showed why Nicole likes Geoff and how he would be such a good boyfriend for her- an honest straightforward chap who is the opposite of her. What a terrible world Nicole grew up in, it makes Summer Bay with all its intrigues seem charming and old fashioned.

I'm still convinced that Leah/Ada had some health/ pregnancy issues recently and that is why she hasn't been around much lately and has been intermittently seen in billowing dresses.

To be honest I don’t think her change has been that gradual. I’ve only really seen a difference in attitude since this stuff with Elliot and that was several weeks ago. I still remember before then how she was acting like a spoilt brat in regards to Roman’s relationship with Charlie because she felt she wasn’t getting enough attention. Admittedly this was almost certainly due to loneliness and wilful neglect by her mother. Although I do agree that she has been less materialistic than since she first entered the show.

As I mentioned above I didn’t mind Leah having a go a Kirsty like that too much but her attitude has surprised me as of late. When all this stuff was happening with Barlett, Leah seemed to be a really good friend to Kirsty and they seemed to be getting on quite well then all of a sudden she’s turned on her.

Oh and in regards to Rachel I actually think she’s been ok this week. Her attitude has been a lot better than it was with Dane for instance.

I think it was interesting what Irene said, that Kirsty is so used to lying about Kane and trying to protect him that she now just does it instinctively. Going up to the guy's hotel room was ridiculous though - the old Kirsty would never have done that in a million years. Regardless of what a lot of fans seem to think, Kirsty is about as far from being a slut as you can possibly get. The girl is 21 and has only slept with two men in her life, whereas characters like Belle and Cassie basically jump into bed with anyone who looks twice at them.

The thing that makes me laugh about the hypocrisy of that is if you go to the older archived Anti Kirsty thread, reason’s cited for hating her was that she was acting like a slut. The irony of it all is that some of the remarks came from people who were obviously Martha fans.

rIGHT i,LL TRY AGAIN see who chucks n=me off this time.

rIGHT lEAH she no angel no sooner had she forund out Vinnie was dead than she was geting it on with Jesse then Peter came on the scene but got clobbered and into a coma just as she had asked him to go to pippas christning then she had his Brother Dan what does that tell you about Leah.

As for Kirsty she new what she was getting her self into when the guy asked her up to his room she only has her self to blame she should have been up from from the when she had the letter, the person I fel sorry for in all of this is Miles he hasnt done a thing Leah has gone very Moody and Kirsty is just not his type.

Ah you see I didn't watch HAA during the time Leah got involved with Peter and Dan. I don't know why I wasn't watching it, too busy or something. What year was it? I've only started watching seriously since 2005. But whatever you say Janice, I support Leah :P :P

Archived