Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Jack hasnt made deals with other people. He has twisted the law a bit to get people off but Angelo isnt doing this for someone else. He is doing it for himself which makes it wrong completely IMO.

I might be completely wrong here but I'm pretty sure I remember Jack making a deal with George (think that was his name) to keep quiet about his illegal gambling etc if he'd keep quiet about Jack destroying evidence of Martha's drugs possesion. i even remember him helping out some drug dealers as part of his deal with George.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you responding to me Jody? I am sure I didnt say that? If I did, I never meant to.

No, not you Zetti. Sorry if I made you think it was. I read your posts on Angelo's actions in that scene and I agree with it. This wasn't about just one post in this thread, more like one of the posts (not yours I promise) that just reminded me of alot of other similiar ones(on BTTB and other forums). Ones where Angelo's actions, in that scene, is being shrugged of as not all that bad. And seeing some go as far as to call it reasonable because he was cheated on.

Thats true, I didnt remember that. I take back what I said. I completely forgot about it but it still doesnt make Angelo's action right though or Jack for that matter.

Although I'm more or less on Angelo's side through this I do agree that it's wrong of Angelo to make a deal with the developers. Having said that I do think that in the context of things I can understand why he is doing what he's doing (not that it makes it right in any way). Looking at it from Angelo's point of view, he's being accused of a crime he didn't commit, a pretty serious crime at that, most the town think he's a woman beater, he's facing jail time and the end of his career, so I can understand how he could be desperate enough to make a deal with them. I gues what I'm trying to say is that even though I think his actions are wrong I still have some sympathy for him because it must be a pretty desperate situation for him to be in.

.When he suggested Aden as a suspect, Jack and Charlie practically laughed at him when from an objective point of view he'd seem to be just as likely as Angelo

I thought that was daft too especially as at the start it was his word against Aden's and I'm sure they'd be more likely to believe Angelo or at least not dismiss it as if Aden was an angel. I' not condoning Angelo's actions at all my problem is I just don't think he would've behaved like that as he's always been so controlled anyway I'm gonna have to top moaning about the writing at the mo!

So Nicole actually did something decent hurrah! I still think this whole storyline with Melody is daft-is it just me or was the similar storyline with Mattie better handled? I remember enjoying it more and thinking it made more sense but it's been so long since i've seen it .

I suppose what is happening with Melody is what always happens if you suppress people too much: they rebel and go to the opposite extreme. Its always being shown in soaps :rolleyes:

They chose an actress with a really good face for looking sneaky when they chose 'Bridget'- she is so good at looking shifty :lol: I wish I knew her name, but the credits are so small and fast moving that I can't be bothered to peer at them :angry::P

And I see Aden's good behaviour bond really had an effect on him.He's behaving exactly the same as he always has, playing judge, jury and executioner.And this time with someone who's actually innocent. At least Roman actually told him he was out of line this time instead of turning a blind eye as usual, even if he does seem to be in the line for the lynch mob.

Actually quite liked Ruby having a go at Roman.Nice to see her being all protective of her sister.

The other thing that made me want to throttle Belle was when she said "I tried to talk to him."Yes, Belle, and what you said was "I wish I'd never set eyes on you."That's your idea of calming him down?

I find it impossible to sympathise with Aden and Belle here.

And H&A Lover, I was actually responding to the previous post, not to Aden's superiority complex.

Ah more rants from Red Ranger...hooray. I just knew you wouldn’t let me down. I can feel the hate flowing through you. I can feel your anger.

Re Ruby and Roman, would you have felt differently if he had reprimanded Aden for his recent actions?

Anyway onto today – Geoff and Aden were actually civilised to each other. Could this be the start of a beautiful friendship…naaah. As much as I hate to admit it for some reason I was quite impressed with Geoff. And even Aden appeared to be making an effort. I actually think he will come good eventually but I guess the writers are trying to make it seem plausible by making any improvement very gradual. You could argue whether his recent actions constitute that much of an improvement but at least he has tried to focus on his studies.

I know they’ve made Nicole a better person lately but I was still a bit surprised myself considering that she told Jai and Ruby to let Melody make her own mistakes. I find I actually quite like this new side to Melody. She seems a more interesting going of the rails. And the remark about Belle getting what she deserved for cheating on Angelo - ouch. For some reason Jai just cracked me up the way he was acting around her. And now Belle actually admitted that she didn’t see Angelo when she got attacked so things look a lot better than they were this time yesterday as far as he’s concerned.

Looking at it from Angelo's point of view, he's being accused of a crime he didn't commit, a pretty serious crime at that, most the town think he's a woman beater, he's facing jail time and the end of his career, so I can understand how he could be desperate enough to make a deal with them. I gues what I'm trying to say is that even though I think his actions are wrong I still have some sympathy for him because it must be a pretty desperate situation for him to be in.

Wait a minute, I'm not sure that Angelo is facing jail time. When Belle was giving her statement in bed today to the police, she could not definitely say (she was asked 3 times) that she saw Angelo hit her. If her evidence is the only definite proof that Angelo hit her, that won't stand up under cross-examination in court. It will only be circumstantial. Maybe he'll get off.

Am i completly daft in the way to jave trust if people earn it then you know you can trust them, so Alf is gibving up a freinds honesty agains bridget, we'll she got him fooled.

Bella im thinking that Angleo did'nt do it i know he hit the walll i honestly think he walked out after that, it's just to easy to say it was him!.. i think part of the developers. Murry or Tim.

Archived