Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I know I worry about some strange things at times but I was really confused by the time scale of that episode.Most of the indications were that the episode covered a day but the Aden/Belle plotline seemed to be way off.Irene gives Belle the rest of the day off but she's back at work by the end of the episode, then Belle tells Aden her first counselling session is "this afternoon", yet Brian was supposed to be going to the bar at three o'clock and that had already happened, which doesn't seem to leave a lot of afternoon.At least Irene acknowledged her complete backflip with regards to Aden.Aside from the fact he still interprets "protective" as "threaten to punch anyone that upsets Belle", he wasn't too bad in that episode.Other oddity:Just as I was wondering what happened to Belle's physio, Rachel mentions she's still having it.Which doesn't change the fact that she's seemed completely mobile in this and other episodes since coming out of hospital.

Bit confused by the logic of the Bridget plotline too.She told Alf that she stole from him to pay for her treatment so(a)why wasn't he suspicious about the fact that she wasn't having any treatment and(b)how does he think she's going to pay for her chemo now she's apparently returned the money?Bridget and Brian's act was so unconvincing I'm surprised it isn't just Rachel that's suspicious.(Incidentally, loved Rachel's silent reaction when Martha gave her the baby clothes.)

Also loved the way Annie was just completely bored with Ruby's flirtatious behaviour, especially in the scene where she was refusing to sit with them on the beach.

And with regard to the above posts, yes, I also like the fact that Roman seems to realise that having feelings for someone doesn't automatically mean you have to act on them.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jeez why don't they just dress the blokes in white robes and have the females fanning them and feeding them grapes.

Every girl in this show at the mo is acting like an idiot, if an even vaguely attractive bloke is around and it doesn't matter how much of an idiot he is or how badly he treats her she still falls at his feet.

I had hopes for Ruby as she's been one of the more mature of the teen group lately but today was just bizarre. Have the writers even met a 15yr old girl or even a female? I'm not saying they all have to be strong and smart and feisty but there isn't even one in the teen group. Grrrr

Ok I have to go take some deep breathes now.

What planet was Ruby on today? Talk about being forward. It just seemed a bit unlike her. She’s usually pretty sensible. Are her hormones really running that wild?

Aden annoyed me yet again. This time he put on the bravado act over something that was a complete accident and almost trivial. Oh I’m sorry he’s just being over protective of Belle so that’s ok. And it seems as though Irene’s completely warmed to him now. I suppose that’s reasonable considering that it has taken several months so I’m glad they kind of kept in with continuity in that respect.

And Bridget. Given the circumstances she’s played a blinder so far. Very calculating and guessing correctly that Rachel would search her bag and find medication that would indicate she was on some sort of treatment for her cancer.

Your girlfriend just got beaten to a bloody mess and is jumpy with everyone. She gets scared by two boys who had no idea what the hell was wrong with her. Do you...

1. Lead your girlfriend out with no fuss.

2. Calmly tell the boys to settle down.

3. Threaten them with violence while your frightened girlfriend freaks out.

Hmmm... tough one.

Your girlfriend just got beaten to a bloody mess and is jumpy with everyone. She gets scared by two boys who had no idea what the hell was wrong with her. Do you...

1. Lead your girlfriend out with no fuss.

2. Calmly tell the boys to settle down.

3. Threaten them with violence while your frightened girlfriend freaks out.

Hmmm... tough one.

Congratulations, Pierced Music, you just made me laugh.What a rare and beautiful thing that is.

Gosh, Aden bashing is really catching on, isn't it?

I had hopes for Ruby as she's been one of the more mature of the teen group lately but today was just bizarre. Have the writers even met a 15yr old girl or even a female? I'm not saying they all have to be strong and smart and feisty but there isn't even one in the teen group. Grrrr

Ok I have to go take some deep breathes now.

I didn't particularly like the way Ruby carried on today either, but you can understand why. No mother or father around and her big sister, who she adores, can't be bothered with her and is just nursing her crush. On top of that, her best friend spends all her time with her boy friend and , to see her, she has to go on the threesome with them. Jai must get fed up with her at times. So she wants a bit of fun like she sees Annie having. She doesn't seem to have picked up any boy in the school (there are loads around), so as soon as a new face appears,........ Hope he doesn't just use her.

By the way, what are schoolies, anyone?

I enjoyed today's episode. I loved the little scene with Rachel and Martha. It says a lot that she didn't mention her pregnancy to her despite her obvious joy and just waited for Martha to bring it up. (i do have to say the little outfit she gave her was so ugly! but nevermind the thought was there! :lol: )

I'm glad Belle is getting help, it's about time she talked to someone. Loved Rachel calling her 'sweetie.' :lol:

Nice they gave Lucas a mention too :)

Archived