Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Well, that's two episodes that have ended with Jack looking worryingly dead.Angelo really didn't do himself any favours by just running away:When it comes out-and it inevitably will-it's going to look pretty bad for him.I know Summer Bay's finest have got away with misbehaving in the past and it does seem to be trendy to let people off on serious crimes at the moment but he could easily lose his job or end up in jail here.

As expected, most of the people in danger at the formal are back on their feet already.Except Belle, who's been hospitalised for the third time in as many months.Impressive even by Summer Bay standards.(I like to imagine she's thinking "Given what happened the last time a building blew up around me, if they offer me a helicopter ride to the city, I'll decline.")But come on, what was she doing in the kitchen?She wasn't working, no-one for sure she was coming till the last minute, so why wasn't she with Aden?Did she pop in for a gossip at the wrong moment?

Did Melody run out in front of the car?She was just standing there when we saw her but that was after Annie shouted a warning.Mind you, Jai wasn't looking either so I don't know how he'd know.If it was her that locked the door(and even if it wasn't), I'd love to know how.The rescue team had to force the door so it wasn't as simple as drawing a bolt.If someone left a key where any barely aware teenager could find it, frankly that's negligence.Bit annoying that for the second episode running Miles didn't seem at all bothered about what had happened to her, he doesn't even seem to think of looking for her or asking anyone else to do so when Annie says she was there before the crash.(Did Nicole tell anyone she'd seen her?)

Wonder if Bartlett'll give Nicole her captaincy back?He said her behaviour had been noticed and Daisha looked like she was on the verge of resigning.Martha walking into a building that's about to explode is bordering on suicidal.And how long had Tony been driving around before he saw Jack's car at the development site?He seemed to get there pretty much straightaway.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a bit dissapointed not to see what happens to Jack till the very end, although Tony's acting made up for the delay. Even though I'm not a Jack fan his reaction was heart breaking.

So I guess it's a given that Melody locked the door, I agree with Red Ranger though- why would there be a padlock left on the door, or a key to lock the door, with hundreds of people left inside anyway? Who'd be that stupid knowing there were going to be kids there, any one of whom could decide to pull a prank? I actually feel very sorry for Melody, she's a mentally unstable child who does not trust anyone, who has been humiliated (even if not intentionally) by the one person she loved and thought she could rely on and now knows that he is in love with someone else, IMO that equalls one mentally and emotionally messed up kid who needs help and support. Not to be sent home with another messed up teenager and left in the care of two other kids who she'd already gotten away from once that same evening. Miles should have taken her home. So it wouldn't have been fair on him and would have ruined his night, but he took on those responsibilities when he took Mel on. He can't treat her like an ordinary teenager because she's not. People are treating her like a teenager going through a rebelious stage, but it is so much more than that, it's clear she's slowly breaking down but no one seems to be doing anything about it. In fact, ironically it's only Mathew who's actually listened to her at all.

I loved kane turning up at the formal like that, very reminiscient of years ago when he and Kirsty weren't supposed to be seeing each other and he turned up at that Hawaiian themed formal any way. It was frustrating seeing Kirsty choose to help Miles instead of Kane though I guess it made sense as Kane had other people to help him.

Well for starters I didn’t like the new intro but that aside again another really good episode.

Geoff’s attitude towards Kane did actually seem more akin to what he should aspire to be like on a more regular basis in regards to being a true Christian. Didn’t care that he had just come out of prison and was driving the car that could have caused his sister serious injuries just wanted to help him. It was good to see Jai thank him as well. Those two seem to be getting on a lot better than before when Jai first took an interest in Annie. I was actually a bit surprised about people’s attitude towards Kane considering that quite a few of them don’t even know him. I’m glad that Charlie saved him too but was a bit surprised that Miles didn’t thank her. Perhaps subconsciously he wanted him out of the picture.

And Kirsty was really concerned for him to so perhaps I was right, she does love both of them. I really hope we are not in another situation where she decides to string them both along as someone already mentioned. I don’t think I could stomach that again.

Why is there so much drama where Belle is concerned? Perhaps her and Aden would function better if they were an ordinary couple for a bit.

I can only assume that Angelo wasn’t thinking with a clear head because I can’t imagine that any person with an ounce of decency would have just left Jack lying there like that. I’m not sure whether he checked if he was alive but the fact that he went home got showered and went back to work suggests that he just wasn’t with it. I really don’t like how things have turned out but let’s face it he’s finished. I can’t see any way out of this. Even if he does manage to convince everyone that it was an accident how is he going to explain conducting an unauthorised police operation and being in possession of a firearm. Such a shame.

So Nicole’s in favour with Bartlett now. That’s a turnaround. I remember several months ago when she was in serious trouble for copping off with the hired help on the school trip. It looks like Geoff has definitely been a good influence on her because even though her attitude appeared to change post OC there was always a possibility that she could relapse but she hasn’t. Well not yet anyway.

Felt really sorry for Tony at the end. It was pretty gut-wrenching. Other than that I don’t know what else to say.

Tony so sorry you had to be the one to find your son like that..Damn i was thinking why could'nt have someone else found him like that for pitisy sake. :angry:

Melody did'nt run in front of the car she just swayed into the road like the bunny boiler she is..like i said a scene from Carrie.

Kirsty well what did you expect her to do .not care of course not regardels of her and Miles. she still cares abourt him and always will.

I dont honestly get Angelo how can you leave a person you've found shot and leave them.. i dunno but its not dont now unles you feel guilt..

I have to say I may be the only one but I am actually LOATHING home and away at the moment. The first half of last year was in my opinion brilliant, the Sally and Miles drama Sam's murder-which many may disagree with and the olympic cliffhanger. However; since then it seems to me its deflating at a rapid pace. The latter half of last year was so tedious and has again seemed to carry so much baggage into this year- not always a bad thing but in this case a very bad move.

The new theme tune and credits are rubbish, and Irene desperately needs a good storyline. Literally the only redeeming fact is that they actually had the bottle to kill off Jack, which meant that Jon's acting was superb and save the season return episode. The rest of the cast got off lightly in my opinion- as always nobody died or had any major fallout from the disaster.

I like the new castless titles with the postcard effect!! Enjoyed the updated theme (even though it's only 15 seconds) with both male & female vocals!! At least the ending theme is a bit longer!!

The Jack & Tony scene at the end made me cry - Tony even called him Jackie which for some reason made me even more sad. It looks like Angelo did kill him although I'm still not convinced that he did it so we'll see. Can't believe Martha went in to the burning building as well - she is going to be gutted tomorrow.

Not good for Belle & Kane either, I wonder if Kane will pull through as that would be bad luck if he dies just getting out of prison! And Belle has only just got out of hospital as well but I guess that's Summer Bay for you!

A great start to the 2009 season!

Why did they use or rework a story line they used three years ago? Jack getting shot tis time instead of a iron bar over the head.

Kane driving into the community hall where the formal was being held ending in a blow up, any one remeber Jack and Martha qwedding?

Belle on a stretcher being taken to Hospital, memories of Peter BAKER??

Doctor says she should have family around her duh ,she has a mother in the city, but did Irene ring her to say her daughter had been injured no.

Home and Away are forgetting quite a lot.

There reworked scripts will be there downfall Im afraid.

Archived