Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Come on guys…am I not allowed to say anything negative about a character simply because someone else likes them? Can we not say anything bad about the precious Rachel? And Sexyluc I remember you referring to Belle as “vile” and a “skank” one time because she slept with Aden when she still going out with Angelo so you could argue that is equally “ridiculous” especially considering that Rachel and Martha both slept with someone else when they were married. Were they either of those things?

For the record - I don’t have anything against Rachel fans or Amy Matthews herself (I think she’s a very good actress and very convincing in the role) but SIMPLY the character she portrays…

Oh I forgot to mention yesterday that in addition to being self-centred she once again tried to make it all about her. :) (Just kidding) I think I'll lay of the Rachel bashing for a bit. Rachel's the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys…am I not allowed to say anything negative about a character simply because someone else likes them? Can we not say anything bad about the precious Rachel? And Sexyluc I remember you referring to Belle as “vile” and a “skank” one time because she slept with Aden when she still going out with Angelo so you could argue that is equally “ridiculous” especially considering that Rachel and Martha both slept with someone else when they were married. Were they either of those things?

For the record - I don’t have anything against Rachel fans or Amy Matthews herself (I think she’s a very good actress and very convincing in the role) but SIMPLY the character she portrays…

Oh I forgot to mention yesterday that in addition to being self-centred she once again tried to make it all about her. :) (Just kidding) I think I'll lay of the Rachel bashing for a bit. Rachel's the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: yes I did refer to Belle as those words and not just because of her treatment of Angelo but also how she treated Lucas the exact same way.

But anyway I applaud Rachel for sleeping with Hugh because it was like she didnt exist to Kim anymore and he treated her like rubbish.Whereas Hugh treated her like a lady should be and Kim certainly didnt give her the respect she deserved.She even forgave him for sleeping with Kit!!

and Martha - who was seperated from Jack at the time she slept with Ash :P she thought there was no way back for her and Jack , unaware he felt differently.

But Slade people are different and have different opinions and I respect that :) that what makes forums so interesting :D

Oh gosh, this has got even more heated while I've been at work.I don't think Rachel did anything wrong in that episode.She possibly asked Tony if he was sure about Hugo and Xavier coming to stay a few too many times but seriously, they're expecting a baby, Tony's son's just died, they aren't really in the best position to look after a boy that could politely be described as a handful, Tony only seemed to agree out of family loyalty.She was absolutely right to have a go at Ruby and Xavier, they behaved badly and hurt Tony and she was mostly angry on his behalf.Even if she was angry on her own behalf, why shouldn't she be?It was her home and Jack was her friend and a couple of hormone-addled teenagers had helped themselves to their alcohol and(unintentionally)disrespected his memory.I wish Tony had got angry, not just because they deserved it but because it would have been more healthy. He just seems to have shut down completely and not be feeling anything.

And Rachel was wrong to sleep with Hugh and Kim was wrong to sleep with Kit.I prefer to blame Hugh for everything because I like the other three:He pushed his way into a difficult situation and just made it worse and I'm glad Rachel didn't end up with him.By the way, Martha might have split up from Jack when she slept with Ash but wasn't he married with two children and didn't she stay with him after she found out, still stay with him when he lied about leaving her, still stay with him after she'd met his family and had coffee with them and not get the message until she found out his wife was pregnant? (That's what happens when you take relationship advice from Cassie...)

Wow, Rachel annoyed me for the third episode in a row (that has to be some kind of record). She seemed more like her typical self-centred usual self tonight. Firstly she didn’t want Xavier or Hugo moving in I don’t buy her reasoning about wanting to spare Tony the stress. It was obvious she just wanted to remain in control and didn’t want anyone invading her turf. And then her reaction to Xavier and Ruby drinking the Champagne really bugged me. She was acting like it was her drink, and her son. Was very surprised that Tony hardly reacted at all. I was half expecting him to go ballistic which would have been completely understandable.

Are you serious!? I cant even think of anything to say other than that is really really ridiculous. Im sorry, I know everone has their opinion, and yes I am obviously going to be biased as I am a Rachel fan, but Rachel did NOTHING in this episode but care and worry about Tony.Ok she's not perfect, she has made mistakes, but she did nothing wrong in this episode.

Oh gosh, this has got even more heated while I've been at work.I don't think Rachel did anything wrong in that episode.She possibly asked Tony if he was sure about Hugo and Xavier coming to stay a few too many times but seriously, they're expecting a baby, Tony's son's just died, they aren't really in the best position to look after a boy that could politely be described as a handful, Tony only seemed to agree out of family loyalty.She was absolutely right to have a go at Ruby and Xavier, they behaved badly and hurt Tony and she was mostly angry on his behalf.Even if she was angry on her own behalf, why shouldn't she be?It was her home and Jack was her friend and a couple of hormone-addled teenagers had helped themselves to their alcohol and(unintentionally)disrespected his memory.I wish Tony had got angry, not just because they deserved it but because it would have been more healthy. He just seems to have shut down completely and not be feeling anything.

And Rachel was wrong to sleep with Hugh and Kim was wrong to sleep with Kit.I prefer to blame Hugh for everything because I like the other three:He pushed his way into a difficult situation and just made it worse and I'm glad Rachel didn't end up with him.By the way, Martha might have split up from Jack when she slept with Ash but wasn't he married with two children and didn't she stay with him after she found out, still stay with him when he lied about leaving her, still stay with him after she'd met his family and had coffee with them and not get the message until she found out his wife was pregnant? (That's what happens when you take relationship advice from Cassie...)

LMAO about Cassie's relationship advice :lol:

Anyway didnt Martha only stay with Ash because Ash told her that his marriage was over and that he didnt love Rihanna anymore.

I think Kit was the most annoying person in the Kit/Kim/Rachel/Hugh situation because she just annoyed me so much.I just wish Rachel had have given Kit a good old slap in the mouth!!

Wow, Rachel annoyed me for the third episode in a row (that has to be some kind of record). She seemed more like her typical self-centred usual self tonight. Firstly she didn’t want Xavier or Hugo moving in I don’t buy her reasoning about wanting to spare Tony the stress. It was obvious she just wanted to remain in control and didn’t want anyone invading her turf. And then her reaction to Xavier and Ruby drinking the Champagne really bugged me. She was acting like it was her drink, and her son. Was very surprised that Tony hardly reacted at all. I was half expecting him to go ballistic which would have been completely understandable.

Are you serious!? I cant even think of anything to say other than that is really really ridiculous. Im sorry, I know everone has their opinion, and yes I am obviously going to be biased as I am a Rachel fan, but Rachel did NOTHING in this episode but care and worry about Tony.Ok she's not perfect, she has made mistakes, but she did nothing wrong in this episode.

And it comments like these that are exactly one of the reasons why I have steered clear of certain threads. At times it really surprises me how worked up people can get over FICTIONAL characters. And in answer to your question yes I was serious do you have a problem with that??????????????

I think I’m going to bow out of this particular debate because I know I’m going to start reacting in a very unfavourable light.

No she didn't 'have a go at him, but in my opinion what she said ('so you don't even want to know how your little son or daughter is?) was very insensitive. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :) .

She probably wasn't thinking before she spoke there and regretted it immediately.

It certainly is odd about Angelo just being whisked off like that and the storyline [seemingly] ending. Very abrupt.

That did seem to change direction rather quickly, one moment he was being considered for bail, next moment he's off to prison.

Even Ruby’s starting to get a bit annoying now. First Xavier told her he just wanted to be friends and he was interested in someone else but she still practically threw herself at him again anyway. And then she helped herself to the champagne and even though Xavier was just as bad I didn’t like the way she tried to leave and let him cop all the flack, although admittedly she did offer to replace it.

So Belle’s been offered a job back at the Costal News. I always thought she should try and get out of the Den and pursue a career in journalism. The writers are probably doing the right thing as most of her age group have now gone so she needs a new set of people to interact with. Although if it’s anything like it was previously then things aren’t going to work out very well.

I thought it was only Charlie that got intense about relationships and Ruby was the savvy one, but obviously not in this case. It was wrong of her to take the champagne although Xavier said no at first he didn't put up much of a fight. I know neither of them had any idea how much it meant to Tony it still wasn't theirs to touch. That's aside from the fact both are underage! Hugo wouldn't have realised the importance, but Rachel did and that's why she looked so horrified, as for Tony just walking off it was probably shock and maybe he would have hurt Xavier if he hadn't walked away.

Hopefully now there is a new editor at the Coastal News (and an older one) it will go right for Belle this time.

And perhaps she was a little wary about Xavier moving in because of his behaviour the last time he was in the Bay. It's not exactly fair to Tony to be expected to look after his pot dealing, troubled newphew just after he's lost his son. I didn't think it was nice of her either but i do believe she is just worried/concerned for Tony and doesn't want to put anymore stress on him.

And going on his behaviour last night it looks like she was right even though Hugo is there to keep an eye on him.

Rachel certainly hit the nail on the head regarding Melody and the fact she equates being shouted as being loved. It's exactly what she said to Annie. I think Miles did the right thing trying to explain to her that it isn't his way and just because he doesn't shout doesn't mean he doesn't love her. I think that is why she plays up so he does react angrily.

Why she has suddenly decided to do a runner is a puzzle, though I suppose the letter will explain it (hopefully).

Nice to see Geoff helping out with the search for Melody, I was worried they were going to just forget about that relationship.Although seriously, he, Miles and Charlie are hanging around the bus station looking for her and none of them spot her just a few yards away?It'd help if you weren't all looking in the same direction, guys...

Charlie probably should have told Roman to keep it up and stay away from Martha, at least as much as was politely possible.Instead he and Hugo are squaring up to each other as if they're marking out their territory.

And Alf was in every episode this week!(Even if he had no dialogue on Wednesday.)When was the last time that happened?

And it comments like these that are exactly one of the reasons why I have steered clear of certain threads. At times it really surprises me how worked up people can get over FICTIONAL characters. And in answer to your question yes I was serious do you have a problem with that??????????????

I think I’m going to bow out of this particular debate because I know I’m going to start reacting in a very unfavourable light.

Im not getting worked up over anything, I think you are getting worked up over nothing. :) Chill love, its just a disagreement. :) All I'm saying is just because you dont like the ''fictional character'', you shouldn't slam her over every single thing. Ok?? :)

The person who annoys me at the moment is Ruby. She seems to be a nymphomaniac, I almost feel sorry for poor old Xavier, but he is so wimpy and pathetic I can't really. I thought Ruby was a sensible girl and Charlie was the nympho, but now Charlie is being really professional and dealing with everything well, and Ruby has turned into the feeble man chasing type that I really hate.

On the other hand, I like Hugo, he stood up to Roman well. Roman is getting more and more unreasonable lately, I suppose his thwarted love for Martha is driving him mad. Bernard Curry is also in Out of the Blue towards the end, so I've got a soft spot for him due to that anyway, but Hugo seems to be tough and able to stand up for himself, which should be interesting as he's bound to clash with Roman again :D

Archived