Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Im not getting worked up over anything, I think you are getting worked up over nothing. :) Chill love, its just a disagreement. :) All I'm saying is just because you dont like the ''fictional character'', you shouldn't slam her over every single thing. Ok?? :)

Sorry! OK. No worries. :) *chilling out*

Anyway, initially I thought Roman and Charlie were actually making progress (not necessarily liking each other but at least trying to put aside the tension and or current differences and having a reasonably civilised conversation) but despite being one of my favourite characters I have to say that by the end of the episode I thought he was possessive, jealous and acting like a tosser. Firstly I didn’t like the way he accused Hugo of coercing Martha into letting them move in. He then referred to Xavier as his “delinquent brother” (had to shake my head at that one) despite the fact that Nicole and Aden haven’t exactly been what you would call perfect teenagers and then he threatened they would have him to deal with if they caused her any trouble.

It was good of Charlie to offer to take time off to help Miles find Melody, although I do wonder if she also did it to help take her mind of recent events which is understandable. She seemed to go back into supercop mode when she was telling Ruby not to have anything more to do with Xavier but she was right. How did I know that regardless of what excuse he gave she was still going to pursue him? She seems to be coming across as a bit desperate at the moment. I didn’t think she was that lonely.

Roman aside I actually did like the interaction between Hugo and Martha and I actually don’t mind Hugo (I wasn’t sure about him at first). He made Martha smile and allowed her to focus more on the positives regarding Jack. I think it’s a good thing him being around her at the moment considering Charlie’s earlier remark about Roman avoiding her would imply that she’s a bit lonely. Just a shame he can’t see it.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will do Marha good to have his cousin staying with her at least he woll be able to fill in gaps that Jack never told her about, as for Roman he should have kept his big mout shut now I know why I dont like him.

Charlie helping Miles tell me whats going ro happen here two adults on there own in another big city enough said.

Ok, I have a few positives and negatives about yesterday's episode: (H&Alover pointed out that this is actually Monday's episode, sorry :P, will take out of spoiler tags tomorrow)

Firstly, I found that searching Melbourne for Melody unrealistic, it is a big city but then again I can see the realism in the storyline because what parent is going to sit at home while the child they care for is out living on the streets, I think it is good that they decided not to do it the cheap way and stay in Summer Bay, it's nice to see a location every now and again. I also liked how Melody lost her backpack, it means that not everything is going to be rosy for Melody, which realistically it shouldn't be. I am glad they brought Kayla and Archie in; I think that watching Melody on the streets by herself for days would have been quite boring.

I thought that Melody wanted to continue her education showed that the old Melody was still there and this is portrayed well in the fact that she is so naive about what her life is going to be like now. One thing that has annoyed me for a while now was the fact that Miles' life on the street is rarely mentioned, but I like that they have played it through this storyline, it is nice that Miles understands what she is going through, however I find it hard to believe that he isn't more panicked. He knows how Melody has been acting lately, he knows that she will drink and do drugs, she is not streetwise and he knows from past experience what life on the street can do, eg. (Almost) kill people yet he seems to be quite calm about the situation. Yes, I can see the worry but that’s it, he is worried, whereas every other parent on the world would be completely distraught and that is without personal knowledge of life on the street.

I think it is good that they are bringing up past relevant storylines, like Miles and Kirsty/Kane, it is very realistic as I find Home and Away tend to forget about storylines sometimes eg. Ric's diabetes. Overall I like Archie, he seems like a good friend for Melody to have and I hope he becomes a regular.

....I thought Roman ....was possessive, jealous and acting like a tosser.

:lol::lol: Exactly what I was thinking but of course I'm far too polite to put that :whistle:

I think his window of opportunity with Martha has passed and he should move on gracefully. [Roman, not Slade]

Ok, I have a few positives and negatives about yesterday's episode:

. I also liked how Melody lost her backpack, it means that not everything is going to be rosy for Melody, which realistically it shouldn't be. I am glad they brought Kayla and Archie in; I think that watching Melody on the streets by herself for days would have been quite boring.

I'm guessing Amy that Melody losing her backpack and Kayla and Archie were seen on Fivers episode on Friday as those of us who don't have Fiver haven't seen this yet! Please don't give away plot developments. It's not going to do Miles's task of being allowed to look after her much good. That scene at the bus station was a bit farcial.

I agree about everything said about Roman, he is interfering in Martha's life when she is totally capable of looking after herself. She offered Hugo and Xavier a place to stay and Hugo said as soon as there was trouble with Xavier they would move out. As you said Slade Hugo has memories about Jack she doesn't and he has made her laugh. Certainly didn't take Hugo long to suss how Roman felt about Martha did it?

Interesting reading all the views expressed here over the past few days. It does seem to me that Summer Bay is a rather unusual place, or is it par for the course in Australia? There is not one nuclear family in the show, father, mother and kids. No normal family that others can relate to, especially teenagers. No home where teenagers can bring their friends home to and sit down to a meal with and talk to the mom and dad. Every home seen seems dysfunctional : Irene has Belle, Geoff and Annie living with her, Leah has sisters Charlie and Ruby (why didn't they stay and support their father?), Miles as their carer and teacher has Jai and Melody, a conflict of interests there (and formerly Kirsty), Roman has Aden and daughter Nicole with a different surname.

There are references in your recent views of relationships between Rachel, Martha, Belle, Angelo, Lucas, Hugh, Kim, Kit, Ash and Cassie, some whilst married, others not. No comments that any of these should not have happened. There is no father figure to oversee all this ; Alf seems ineffectual in this regard. Is it any wonder that Belle thinks that she can do what she likes; who will tell her off? Is it any wonder that Ruby and Xavier behaved as they did; who was there to stop them? Is it any wonder that Matthew takes drugs? Is it any wonder that Melody is a mixed-up kid?

The only characters with any moral fibre are Geoff and Annie and they are ridiculed if they stand up for what they believe in.

I do enjoy watching the show and following how the various characters react to different situations. I just find it a pity that the whole atmosphere and setting is such an amoral one.

There is not one nuclear family in the show

Interesting point, I have actually never thought about this. I actually thought you were wrong but when I thought about it, there isn't a family with children and botth parents, although references have been made to them, for example Melody did live with both her parents but we never got to see them together in the house, and the same with Matthew and his parents and any time where there have been parents in the house, the children haven't been theres, for example Jack and Sam with Rory and Tony and Beth with Lucas and the Hunter children. I vote for a new family to be brought in :wink:

Archived