Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I feel Tony is going right over the top with this greiving thing its not fair on Rachel who has been there for him every step of the way,but how dose he treat her with an I done care attitude, Tony move on with you life you have another baby one the way.

I don't think Tony is acting over the top, I actually think it's pretty realistic and good to see as most people in soaps seem to get over things way too quickly for it to be realistic. The fact that Tony has another baby on the way wouldn't possibly make things easier for him, one child can't replace a child you almost single handedly raised for 25ish years who was then cruelly and suddenly taken away from you. I personally am not surprised that Tony is acting stand-offish with everyone around him. It seems to me he's just going through the motions of living everyday life physically but emotionally he seems utterly broken and that is completely acceptable. In real life people don't just 'get over' the loss of a loved one in the space of a few weeks.

I guess when your son and best friend has been murdered you really don't care about pleasing the people around you, even if you know that they love you.

I agree with you princess.sparkle, you can't get over a loss like that in a couple of weeks, especially the way it happened. I'm surprised Rachel hasn't picked up on it seeing as she was/is a counsellor. The fact he was supposed to be training the guys and didn't turn up when she left him right outside should have given her a clue as to his state of mind. The scene where he smashed up the boat was so sad. He really does need to speak to someone, though obviously not Rachel she is too close.

Why did Martha accuse Roman of lying to her, i mean ok he didn't tell her he still had feelings for her, but he didn't lie about it either.

It did seem a bit over the top, did she think he was suddenly going to leap on her? He has just been a friend which must have been so hard for him. When she was talking to Hugo and said that she thought he (Roman) would be over her by now I thought is she suffering from selective amnesia, because when she and Jack broke up, she was still in love with him! Pot, kettle and black methinks.

Belle is definitely losing it big time, why did she ring Aden there was nothing he could have done. She must have got help from someone eventually because she got home. I know she would have thought she looked bad on her first assignment but as you said EmyKate any one's car can break down! The way she popping those pills at the end does this mean she is going to be found unconscious again?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazingly, I managed to watch HAA in the afternoon today. All I can say is ooh... Matron! Is HAA finally acknowledging that people of the same sex kiss each other? I can just imagine all the male viewers' eyes bulging out. I was so shocked I had to recline on the chaise longue with a glass of iced tea :whistle:

As expected, Nicole got her captaincy back.Not as expected(although perhaps I should have), it happened in one of those increasingly common off screen moments then just got casually dropped into conversation.Maybe Geoff can persuade her to campaign to get Bartlett to reinstate Melody.(Who we still haven't seen since Melbourne;I thought the fact she was presumably starting at her new school would have at least got a mention.)Mind you, it's beginning to look like this tenure will be as short as the last one.

Xavier continues to be lacking in the spine department although I actually quite liked his scene with Tony, mainly for Tony's realisation that the world is carrying on without him.Ruby really needs to let it go.

Wasn't until those closing scenes that I realised we've got three clueless characters in Geoff, Annie and Jai:Their slack-jawed reaction to Nicole and Freya was a brilliant moment.Followed up by Geoff's brilliant "Do you need to sit down?"

Freya was brilliant in today’s episode. She’s a wild one and I just love the way she’s spicing things up. I hope she’s around for at least the time being. And what I like about her is that she doesn’t give a stuff what anybody else thinks. Firstly she copped off with Xavier and ripped his shirt of just to make a point to Ruby. And then she made a hotlist of everyone and finally she copped of with Nicole. The reactions of everyone particularly Geoff and Jai were brilliant. And isn’t Geoff as naïve as always, offering Nicole a drink or asking her to sit down as if she had been injured. Loved her line to Barlett when he caught her talking with Xavier - “In your dreams big boy!”.

:lol: What did I say about male viewers' eyes bulging? [see above]

Yes, Geoff's lines about 'can I get you anything? do you want to sit down?' were so funny. He really is a buffoon, but I am becoming quite fond of him now he's not QUITE such a goody goody. I think he really should challenge Freya to a duel for the honour of Nicole :whistle:

Archived