Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I agree regarding Kirsty. I did not like that way she just strolled in and expected everything to be handed to her on a plate. She put Bartlett in quite a difficult position and I don’t particularly think it’s fair to the new secretary either. But I think she’s just doing what she can to support her son.

So glad Martin didn't say yes right away to Kirsty - she had a lot of cheek expecting to get her job back just like that. Did she really think they wouldn't have got someone else since she went! Having said that I think Miles was being very petty by offering to do part time work to stop Kirsty getting the work. As Alf said they can't avoid each other completely in such a small town. If she did evening work he wouldn't have to see her would he? Quite a violent reaction from him when he and Alf were in the surf club, perhaps Alf hit the nail on the head after all.

I think the time with Joey is the only time they've said the actual word (rape.) It's about time. Before all they'd say was attack and it was very difficult to fully understand what had happened, and they'd play it all down so it never seemed as bad as it actually was. The only time i didn't think they needed to say 'rape' was when Rachel was telling Leah about what Henk did to her. Her description was pretty graphic and said a whole lot more than just saying the word.

I believe you're right there KirstyEuka it is the first time that the rape word has been mentioned, it has normally been the ambigous 'attack' which could mean anything. Even when Kane raped Danni it was termed 'attacked'.

I know Joey got angry when she found out Aden had told Belle about Robbo raping her, but he was so wound up when he got home he had to tell someone or explode. Not a good idea really tackling Robbo about it in front of his friends, he would be bound to deny it. Belle probably thought she was doing the right thing by 'talking' to Lou, but that is what she should have done talked - not launched into a rant as if he knew what was going on on his boats and doing nothing about it. Still it did get him checking out what was going on. Yes Red Ranger Robbo and Joey's brother do know each other he called him by his name - Brett. I think the secret of Joey's he was referring to is revealed tonight or tomorrow.

Talking of Lou, yes it was lovely between him and Irene and they have a date!! :wub:

Miranda and Kate - you are both lucky to be able to read the cast list at the end of H&A, so you know who is who, it comes up so small on my TV you can't read it without a magnifying glass. :rolleyes:

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miranda and Kate - you are both lucky to be able to read the cast list at the end of H&A, so you know who is who, it comes up so small on my TV you can't read it without a magnifying glass. :rolleyes:

Actually I can't read the cast list, it is usually shrunk to advertise some other programme or whizzes past so quick I don't have time :angry: . I just know who Aiden Gillett is because I watched the whole season of Out of the Blue on BBC2, and he- like the rest of that cast- is a brilliant actor :D

Overall I did not think that was a very good episode. Although I was interested to see how the truth came out regarding the whole issue with Xavier indirectly causing the accident by skating on the wheely bin, I have to say that (I think has been mentioned previously) this has to be one of the worst teen groups in the history of Summer Bay. Someone asked what purpose is Xavier serving at the moment but the same could be said for Jai and Annie. Both characters aren’t doing very much. The plus side is that they are well behaved and far less annoying as opposed to the latest addition to their gang. Ruby was different as when she first came into the show she had so much promise. And now effectively they are ruining her character by making her constantly pine after Xavier like some love sick puppy.

I liked the fact that Jai was prepared to take the rap for Xavier just to make things easier for Kirsty. He obviously still cares a great deal about her. I suppose Xavier did come clean in the end but the as stated that was only because Hugo overheard him talking with Ruby and Jai would have coped the flack for something that he didn’t do.

I actually liked the bickering between Kirsty and Miles. It was childish but funny at the same time. I liked it when Miles ignored her at first (out of character) and then they argued about loving each other.

I enjoyed most of that episode, with lots of romance and discussions between characters who are obviously pining after each other but for some reason or another, can't/won't get together. Leah [as usual] isn't noticing that Roman likes her; Miles and Kirsty are too stubborn to admit they still love each other; Irene has been hurt too often to let Lou sweep her off her feet. I love all that sort of thing. I think Roman and Leah would make a great couple, they seem to bring out the best in each other. Miles seemed to make Leah childish and upset, Charlie and Roman just seemed to be unhappy all the time. I thought ages ago that Roman and Leah had a bit of a spark when he first turned up and was sitting in her kitchen for some reason, but they obviously needed to work through other things first :wub:

Of course the whole wheelie bin story line was complete nonsense but I suppose some viewers might have enjoyed it. It was just annoying that it took up nearly all the episode :rolleyes:

I think we have had nonsence story lines through out Home and away just like the Xavier prank and when you think about it thats what kids get up to, I will admit however there the poorest teens we have had with no go in them, except for the wheelie bin, but I think thia is what you will get unless the scripwriters buck there ideas up,

Aw, more RRRRRRRRomance in today's episode. I think Roman and Leah would be a brilliant match :wub:

That Colleen woman! How dare she push poor Martha to give away Jack's clothes like that? He only died a few months ago. I think it was a bad move, she should be allowed to keep them for much longer. I think it takes at least a year to feel normal again after someone dies, how dare people push her? :angry:

And while I'm annoyed, what about that Trey? Scheming and plotting to make Geoff look bad so he can get his hands on Nicole. At least she had the sense to push him away. I didn't used to like Geoff, but I'm getting quite defensive of the old chap.

Oh and the other thing!! Well well well, Nicole and Geoff are doing some Pride and Prejudice scenes! I wonder where they got that idea from :lol: I seriously suspect the HAA writers read BTTB sometimes :wink:

Archived