Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

And I see they found another excuse to show Aden in next to nothing...

Yes, I laughed when I saw him like that again. Not that I want to see half dressed girls, but it is a bit sexist in a way to show the men half naked and not the girlies :unsure: Perhaps they aren't trying to attract male viewers.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I laughed when I saw him like that again. Not that I want to see half dressed girls, but it is a bit sexist in a way to show the men half naked and not the girlies :unsure: Perhaps they aren't trying to attract male viewers.

Oh come on, I think they've shown enough gratuitous shots of female cast members in bikinis over the years to justify some topless male action! Not that I'm shallow or anything, just advocating gender equality. :P

Oh come on, I think they've shown enough gratuitous shots of female cast members in bikinis over the years to justify some topless male action! Not that I'm shallow or anything, just advocating gender equality. :P

Seriously though, would Aden really wander around the house wearing nothing but a towel when Annie's around?

Oh come on, I think they've shown enough gratuitous shots of female cast members in bikinis over the years

Oh, have they? Oops, I haven't noticed :blush: Not that I'm focussing on male characters at all :whistle:

Actually I did think that about Aden wandering around half naked in front of Annie. Maybe she's used to it, as he virtually lives there these days.

About Annie featuring more recently I actually didn’t mind her assuming more of a role in this episode. When she’s doing something she’s generally ok. It’s only when she doesn’t do anything it makes me think her character serves no purpose or though to be fair I think it’s probably more Jai to be honest as Annie has participated in quite a few storylines in the past. I’m looking forward to seeing how she reacts to Belle when she’s face to face with her alone. Will she become apprehensive of her leading Belle to suspect that she knows? Will she tell Geoff/Jai?

I’m a bit surprised Aden’s still keeping it quiet. As he saw when her dealer left her a freebie, it’s probably better if people do know about Belle so at least everything’s out in the open and they could look at addressing the problem. I was in two minds about his gut instinct to call Irene back. Obviously that would be the best thing for Belle but I can also understand her not wanting to ruin Irene’s holiday as she hasn’t had a break in ages.

I know Kirsty shouldn’t have gone round to Trey’s and coerced him into signing the confession but I actually think it was a bit silly of Miles to even go round and try and reason with them as well. I thought he made an interesting point regarding Trey i.e. that his father seemed to want to control what he wanted to say. When Kirsty was speaking with him (before she got him to sign the confession) he almost seemed genuinely sorry about what he did. I hope they aren’t trying to do yet another story of a misunderstood badboy, with a difficult home life turned good.

How did Brendan manage to walk away from that fall with a few bruises?.... Come on now!

Perhaps it's something to do with the reason babies and drunks don't hurt themselves when they fall, don't tense so therefore don't break any bones. Only guessing there.

About Annie featuring more recently I actually didn’t mind her assuming more of a role in this episode. When she’s doing something she’s generally ok. It’s only when she doesn’t do anything it makes me think her character serves no purpose or though to be fair I think it’s probably more Jai to be honest as Annie has participated in quite a few storylines in the past. I’m looking forward to seeing how she reacts to Belle when she’s face to face with her alone. Will she become apprehensive of her leading Belle to suspect that she knows? Will she tell Geoff/Jai?

I’m a bit surprised Aden’s still keeping it quiet. As he saw when her dealer left her a freebie, it’s probably better if people do know about Belle so at least everything’s out in the open and they could look at addressing the problem. I was in two minds about his gut instinct to call Irene back. Obviously that would be the best thing for Belle but I can also understand her not wanting to ruin Irene’s holiday as she hasn’t had a break in ages.

I know Kirsty shouldn’t have gone round to Trey’s and coerced him into signing the confession but I actually think it was a bit silly of Miles to even go round and try and reason with them as well. I thought he made an interesting point regarding Trey i.e. that his father seemed to want to control what he wanted to say. When Kirsty was speaking with him (before she got him to sign the confession) he almost seemed genuinely sorry about what he did. I hope they aren’t trying to do yet another story of a misunderstood badboy, with a difficult home life turned good.

Yes going to be interesting now Annie knows the true nature of Belle's 'illness'. Aden was right when he told Belle it isn't over yet, after all he should know after seeing his dad going through withdrawal. I guess in a way it is pretty brave of Belle to go cold turkey. The leaving of a freebie is the sort of ploy pushers use to get people who have kicked the habit back on them again.

As far as I could see from when Kirsty went to see Trey she didn't force him to do anything, she asked him very nicely I thought. Just a shame it has backfired on her. Still it does free her up to help at the diner. What is it with his dad anyway, some sort of control freak? Unfortunately it will probably be another story of a lad with a troubled past.

Oh come on, I think they've shown enough gratuitous shots of female cast members in bikinis over the years

Oh, have they? Oops, I haven't noticed :blush: Not that I'm focussing on male characters at all :whistle:

There was a nice shot of Nicole coming out of the water in a bikini the other day (with her dad)

I hope they aren’t trying to do yet another story of a misunderstood badboy, with a difficult home life turned good.

It seems that's exactly what they're doing, and I totally agree with you. We've already had Kane, Ric, Aden, Jai and most recently Xavier go through this same plotline in recent years - do we really need yet more of the same?

Has anyone noticed and warmed to the idea of Aden & Annie as friends? He seems to care a lot about her and I find it quite sweet. Reminds me a little of the closeness that Matilda had with Kim, when she wasn't mooning over him.

And I totally understand the reaction that Annie had. She didn't turn it all around to be about her, she just felt betrayed and for the first time I liked her.

Geoff is another story completely.

That episode was a lot more eventful than the previous one and it looks like Aden had his top off twice in a row. I had to smile when he referred to Belle as interesting. I just thought it was a bit odd he said that given the circumstances.

I really didn’t like the way Nicole went behind Belle’s back and told Geoff about her drug addiction. She had no right to do that especially when she suggested that she come clean and Belle said she would do it later on in the day. Yes she saw Annie upset but she should have gone back to Belle at that point and perhaps given her an ultimatum. It was different her telling Aden because he was going out with Belle but it seemed as though she was just doing it to get back into Geoff’s good books because as we could tell from the episode and her conversation with Martha that she still wants to get back with him. If she was going to do it she should have told him a lot sooner as he said. (As an aside I did enjoy the dialogue with her and Martha and I don’t ever recall those two having a conversation like that so I’m glad that as of late, the writers have decided to at least attempt some integration between more of the characters.)

So that’s Geoff and Annie back to square one i.e. seeing everything in black and white. I was actually starting to think that he was ok but when he acts like that it makes me really dislike him. Typical self-righteous, sanctimonious tone. He just seemed to be constantly shouting at people rather than being calm and rational about the situation like everybody else. I hated the way he had a go at Belle in the Den and later on when he was raising his voice to Nicole (even though I didn’t agree with her telling him). He then had to open his big mouth and start telling everybody about it rather than being discreet. Thank goodness Alf told him to back off as he didn’t know the full story. Interesting after relative peace between him and his former arch-enemy (Aden) they squared up to each other and this time Geoff wasn’t prepared to turn the other cheek. Ah the good old days.

Annie went back to her judgmental behaviour too. I didn’t mind so much when she was getting stroppy with Belle but it just annoyed me when she when she was speaking with Jai and mentioned about there being no excuse to lie and use people (but to be fair though she's young and she was probably more hurt than anything). I’m glad Jai had the sense to talk Annie into actually confronting her about it because I don’t think Belle was actually using her. She was just too ashamed to come clean about the drugs and refused to acknowledge she had a problem. In the end it was futile though because she decided to go back to the farm anyway.

Rachel was probably genuinely trying to help Belle but regarding tone, again I didn’t like her's when she threatened her.

Archived