Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Yay, Pippa's back!Have to say, bit of an arbitary reason:Has Pippa ever worked in any of the Diners? Okay, she made cakes for Ailsa back in the dark ages but aside from that?Not the obvious choice for "the cavalry" but what the heck, she's back!

Could you please tell me who Pippa is, please? I've been watching for 6 months and don't remember her in that time.

Oh gosh, it still amazes me that people don't know this.Pippa King-Fletcher-Ross was one of the show's original main characters.She bought the caravan park along with her husband Tom and their five(soon to be six)foster children in the first episode and remained at the centre of the action for over ten years, along the way losing Tom, remarrying to Michael and losing him as well and fostering literally about a dozen children, as well as having the odd one of her own.Despite leaving the show in 1998, when she moved to Carrington Ranges with her now-seldom-if-ever-mentioned new love interest Ian, she's made several return appearances since, most recently about 12 months ago at the farewell bash for Sally, one of her original foster children and Miles' sister.There's a full profile of her on the main site, oddly listed under Pippa Fletcher, a name she hasn't used since 1991.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Pippa's back :D:D its funny but the minute she came back i had a warm fuzzy feeling, like everything was ok with the world :P

Can you tell me, please, is Pippa back to stay or is she just visiting Bay? :)

^^She's come back for a little while to help out Colleen in the diner (as they are short staffed due to Irene being away, Roman going blind & Belle now in rehab). She's also helping to look after Geoff & Annie now that they are alone at home, at the beach house. It's not a permanent thing, just a short visit, after Alf asked her to (who has gone to Las Vegas for Duncan's wedding.) :)

I’m glad Joey and Charlie got it on but I really don’t know what to make of the whole thing. I could definitely understand Joey falling in love with her, she’s young and probably never had a proper relationship with anyone and I know that Charlie definitely has a tendency to fall for people pretty quickly but I’m not sure if I buy that she’s in love with her as well. It just seems too quick and forced for my liking. Either way for both of their sakes I really hope Charlie’s for real and this is not just some phase she’s going through.

I know what you mean, I think it's mainly because up until now Charlie has always been soooo heterosexual (if such a thing is possible). In her relationship with Roman she was the one who did all the running and was devastated when they broke up, then it seemed like the same thing was going to happen with Hugo not so long ago. She even slept with Angelo for goodness' sake! So this storyline really has come completely out of the blue, but I do think they've done a great job and I was surprised to find myself really rooting for Joey and Charlie in yesterday's ep. Maybe Charlie is right and the reason her previous relationships didn't work out was because she was always trying too hard to make it work.

The only thing that does bother me is the age gap. I actually think that Joey is probably meant to be older than she looks, maybe 23 or 24, but I wish they'd clarify it. It's only going to give people in Australia more ammunition against the storyline if Joey is assumed to be so much younger than Charlie, particularly with Charlie being in a position of responsibility towards her as a police officer.

You could have put money on the fact that as soon as Charlie told Joey she was going to tell Ruby about them someone would see them kissing. I suppose it was fortunate it was Ruby and not someone else in which case it would have been all round the Bay before Charlie got a chance to tell Ruby. Her initial reaction was understandable I suppose, although she isn't homphobic I should imagine it is a different matter when it is your sister/brother plus Charlie has always appeared to have been so hetro in the past. As you said claire_louise all her relationships with men have been so intense perhaps she was trying to prove something to herself. Jai was the voice of reason again, he really has a wise head on young shoulders (that is such an unanatomically correct phrase when you think about it). :huh: A pity she walked in on them kissing again :blush: but at least she calmed down enough to listen to them and has accepted them as a couple. The one thing that I thought was wrong was when Charlie said at least when Joey stayed over she (Ruby) wouldn't have to share a bed with her (Charlie). Excuse me, but this is Leah's house and she may have something to say about the matter. It wouldn't matter if it ws a girl or a guy it wouldn't set the right example to VJ. I'm guessing that Charlie will now tell Ross and Morag before letting them know at the station.

I suppose Alf didn't have much of a choice but to call Pippa, noone else really,though it does seem an awful long way for her to come. It was nice to see her again, still a surprise to see her with grey hair though. Colleen didn't have much to say about Belle bing in rehab, just mentioned it in passing. BTW what are they going to tell Irene when someone next speaks to her, she will obviously want to speak to Belle?

What is it with Trey's dad he does seem to overreact to everything, the fight between Jai and Trey had nothing to do with the trouble with him Kirsty and Miles. Trey also seems to be very fickle with his affections, Nicole, Kirsty, Ruby now Charlie, definitely woman issues there.

Martin is trying to be impartial but you can see he leans to believing Kirsty and Miles, he has definitely mellowed since he first took over.

Oh gosh, it still amazes me that people don't know this.Pippa King-Fletcher-Ross was one of the show's original main characters.She bought the caravan park along with her husband Tom and their five(soon to be six)foster children in the first episode and remained at the centre of the action for over ten years, along the way losing Tom, remarrying to Michael and losing him as well and fostering literally about a dozen children, as well as having the odd one of her own.Despite leaving the show in 1998, when she moved to Carrington Ranges with her now-seldom-if-ever-mentioned new love interest Ian, she's made several return appearances since, most recently about 12 months ago at the farewell bash for Sally, one of her original foster children and Miles' sister.There's a full profile of her on the main site, oddly listed under Pippa Fletcher, a name she hasn't used since 1991.

Thanks for that. Sorry if I didn't know that. Pippa must be the only "new" character that is not related to an existing cast member. But I wonder if she knows what she's let herself in for, if she is to be working in the cafe with that nutcase who is Coleen! And what happened to Xavier, who was supposed to be working there for all the hours God gave him, to pay back Ruby for the money she borrowed from Roman to pay off Freya? Did he pay it all back, or has that been forgotten?

But more interesting, Red Ranger, is what you were doing up at 5.22 this morning and being compus mentis enough to be able to work a keyboard at that hour. What brew of coffee do you use? Do you get up to watch Home and Away for the third time each morning?

Thanks for that. Sorry if I didn't know that. Pippa must be the only "new" character that is not related to an existing cast member. But I wonder if she knows what she's let herself in for, if she is to be working in the cafe with that nutcase who is Coleen! And what happened to Xavier, who was supposed to be working there for all the hours God gave him, to pay back Ruby for the money she borrowed from Roman to pay off Freya? Did he pay it all back, or has that been forgotten?

But more interesting, Red Ranger, is what you were doing up at 5.22 this morning and being compus mentis enough to be able to work a keyboard at that hour. What brew of coffee do you use? Do you get up to watch Home and Away for the third time each morning?

I'm guessing Xavier had to give up the job at the diner/den when Brendan came to the Bay. I was wondering about the money as well, there was also the money he said he would give Irene for the damage to her car that's also been forgotten.

Since Ruby hooked up with Xavier she’s been a shadow of the person who first came to the bay but I really enjoyed her in yesterday’s episode. Firstly I liked her remark about Charlie pulling an all-nighter and being a machine. I absolutely loved her reaction when she caught her sister copping off with Joey and knew she would figure out she spent the night with her. Just the sheer look of disbelief on her face and afterwards in class you could see that what she’d witnessed hadn’t fully sunk in. I liked that she confronted her straight away (I honestly believe that Charlie was going to tell her first but was just a bit careless kissing Joey in a relatively public place). Again her reaction when Charlie told her she thought she was in love with her and her remark about not having a problem with gay people but the fact that her straight sister suddenly decided that she’s gay was the issue was good. She made a valid point in that if this was some phase then it wasn’t fair on Joey. I’m glad Joey kind of played the mediator and all three of them sat down and had a very civilised conversation about the whole thing. And there was never any doubt in my mind that she would come good.

There were actually more scenes with Jai. He’s becoming quite the agony uncle and at least he appears to be doing something now rather than effectively being redundant for the most part. I’m glad he went for Trey. I’m sick and tired of his references to various martial arts movies just because of Jai’s ethnicity. Just a shame it had to come back and bite Miles.

I’m not sure what to make of Pippa coming back. If it’s just a temporary thing then great but I’m always a bit dubious to past characters returning to the show especially as the dynamic has changed since she (or even Sally left).

Don't worry about it, I can understand you not knowing, it's just it's like an Emmerdale fan not knowing who Annie Sugden is or someone who's only watched EastEnders for 6 months asking about Pauline Fowler.Or a new Doctor Who fan not having heard of the Ice Warriors.Or the guy who wrote into Transformers comic wanting information on Unicron.I think Pippa's used to dealing with Colleen by now, aside from Alf and Irene she's the only person that remembers her as a permanent resident.As for my early start...I do shift work, two shifts alternate weeks, and this week it's been the 5.45 start.At least I only live ten minutes' walk away.And I don't drink coffee and never have.I always have a decent breakfast but I don't think it includes any stimulants, just toast, cereal and a glass of milk.I think my body just doesn't need sleep anymore.And I only watch the early Home and Away showing if I messed up recording it the previous evening.

Anyway, enough about me...Alf's episode count this week:Three.Then he left town.(Duncan's getting married?I pity the girl...)

And on that subject...Aden got four episodes this week!How'd they swing that?And why bother for the sake of a voiceover and a couple of scenes looking miserable?Should have used it last week when they needed him.(Having him at the hospital Tuesday and Wednesday showed how he should have been there all along, even though he didn't say much.I loved him putting his arm round Nicole at Roman's bedside, too often when she's upset he's nowhere around.)It'd be worth it if that was him and Belle finally finished but they'll probably be back together within a couple of months.

Ah, Pippa.Once again, you don't realise how much she's missed until she's there.Her scene with Belle was classic Pippa, sympathetic but telling it like it is.(Now can you manage to keep her and Aden apart? Come on, you did it with Cassie and Henk...)Good to see Belle, Geoff and Annie together, even if it was only for a short while.I think Geoff's remorse was genuine, his attitude seemed to be a defence because he thought Belle was angry with him.Loved Annie's talk to him, it was reminiscent of the way Ruby handles Charlie, she definitely seems to have a sensible head under all that naivety.I'm guessing Geoff's meant to have turned 18, I doubt they'd have let him and Annie live on their own otherwise.(Is Pippa meant to be living there now?)

So we get the excuse, sorry, explanation for Trey's behaviour.(I know the 21st century is a bit of a mystery to me but why would he leave a photo he didn't want anyone to see on his Facebook page? Couldn't he just delete it?)It's understandable to a point and it explains why he didn't want to lose face in front of his friends.But given the type of crowd he chose to hang around with, it seems to have been a case of wanting to be the cat instead of the mouse.Miles' chat to him was well-handled.He was probably the fat kid at school as well.Would it be too much to hope that's the end of Trey?His storyline's over, we don't need to see him again, we especially don't need him to become a main character and move in with one of the regulars.(Especially not Miles and Kirsty, after what he's just done that would be too weird.)I really don't think he's got a particularly bad home life.John, or whatever his name is, is his stepfather?Where did that come from?He seemed a bit authoritarian when telling Trey to sit up straight but it seems that once he learned the truth he did the right thing.

I agree the Charlie and Joey thing is a bit daft. 'I love you Charlie' 'I love you Joey' pleeeease I was eating my dinner! It's obvious Charlie is still on the rebound from Roman, how can she say she loves Joey she hardly knows her! Surely there's no way she could stay in the bay and hold down a job as a cop now!

Pippa often appears like a fairy god mother to offer pearls of wisdom. I think she's needed where Geoff and Annie are concerned, the way they were with Belle was a disgrace. I think the script writers should make it clear that Belles drug adiction is to prescribed drugs NOT recreactional. I feel sorry for her she's been admitted to hospital no less than three times recently, first her car crash, then being beaten to a pulp and then run down by Kane! No wonder she's been on tranquilisers! On top of that she had a job from hell at the newspaper. I hope she doesn't leave the series now.

Archived