Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

At last, Hugo shows his softer side and opens up to Martha about how hard he finds it dealing with Brendan. She's right; he should tell Xavier that and try to tell Brendan, if he could understand that. But snatching the sticks away like that didn't exactly help. Let's hope the three brothers get on better now that they don't have to face charges.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a good storyline with Brett accusing Charlie of leading Joey astray. Obviously, she didn't, we know that, but Brett has got a point about a police officer having a relationship with the victim of a crime she is investigating. The other police officers [Charlie's partner and the male one, don't know their names] were correct to say that Charlie should have taken herself off Joey's case once she fell in love with her. It is a very tricky situation for Charlie.

Whatever you say about Hugo being overly macho, Ranger, I'm glad he was there to send Brett away from Leah's house. Honestly, how old is Brett? :angry: Surely too old to go writing rude things on people's cars.

I don't know why I'm not as willing to condemn Brett as the show seems to be suggesting I should.I think it's because he doesn't come across as someone who makes people misery for the sake of it but as someone who the modern world has just passed by completely and is adhering to a set of outdated values.It makes me pity him more than anything.

True, I could understand where Brett was coming from in regard to his anger at Charlie. The guy clearly hasn't accepted that his little sister is all grow up and able to make decisions for herself. Also she's never mentioned it to him before because he is a backwards type of guy and suddenly she's off living with some older cop who was with her when she told Brett was gay. Brett isn't too bright so I can see why he's come to the conclusion he has, from his point of view its totally logical that Charlie is to blame.

As for Watson and the other guy, they were really easy on Charlie to be honest. That fact that she slept with a victim, didn't even seem to bother them nor did they seem particularly surprised by it. In terms of reactions, I think Charlie got on pretty well. Leah was all class as I've mentioned before and said all the right things, the woman was happy to talk to her kid about it too, big points to Leah for being so cool.

Did Five really cut out the bit with "queer" painted on Charlie's care. Weird editing.

Did Five really cut out the bit with "queer" painted on Charlie's care. Weird editing.

:unsure: I definitely saw the word queer on the car. But I watched the afternoon episode, maybe queer was cut out in the evening episode.

I saw the afternoon showing as well and it did look a bit strange.In the scene where they come out and find the writing on the car you don't see what it says but it is clearly visible in the background when Brett and Joey were arguing outside the house.

On Hugo being overly macho, I just didn't think there was any need for him to go charging in there. Brett was being aggressive but I'm not convinced anyone was in any danger.I think Hugo should have hung back and kept an eye on things, seen what was going on.

I see Charlie wasn’t as keen to reveal her relationship as I’d hoped. I felt a bit sorry for Joey. She looked so disappointed when Charlie said she was spending the night with Ruby. It was almost of if she was ashamed. Brett was completely out of line but I think there was an element of jealousy. His remark about her being sick was totally uncalled for and after the graffiti on the car and subsequent accusations of her using her job to crack onto his sister, I guess were the last straw. I’m not sure if she can forgive him this time. He’s obviously still homophobic.

I’m glad Leah was so good about it. I knew she would be

There was me thinking that Trey had turned a corner but oh no he went back to his old (recent) ways. Firstly taunting Ruby and then Jai and after that actually making snide remarks to Charlie about her sexuality *sighs*. I would have hate to been in her position as she probably felt quiet embarrassed.

I agree with Brian regarding Brendan. At least he was able to be honest and give full and frank reasons for his behaviour. Interesting that he was able to tell Martha his problems although I didn’t like to way he spoke to her regarding the sticks. She was only trying to help. I found a couple of things he said in that episode quite interesting. Firstly when he told Hugo to cuddle Martha (and he was reluctant) and then when he said that he loved her. I actually sort of suspected something when he first came and perhaps there was an element of truth in it. However I think he’s tied up with Charlie at the minute. Her reaction was almost a statement of denial as opposed to a come on and it makes it seem all the more sillier now that she repeated “I’m not gay” after declaring her love for her girlfriend.

Brendan and Xavier (especially) were lucky to get off without any charges.

P.S. – I watched the 6:00pm showing and initially I thought they cut part of that out but had a quick look on Demand Five an it went black before quickly cutting to the next scene. Also bear in mind that I think they have three breaks in Australia so it’s possible that the cut was an actually break as opposed to them cutting part of that scene out and they deliberately didn't show what was written on the car to leave viewers guessing.

On Hugo being overly macho, I just didn't think there was any need for him to go charging in there. Brett was being aggressive but I'm not convinced anyone was in any danger.I think Hugo should have hung back and kept an eye on things, seen what was going on.

I suppose he's just that kind of bossy person. I was shocked to see that he has a real beer gut [when he was standing around half naked in the kitchen]. Isn't he a bit young to have such a paunch? Dear oh dear, young people today :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I thought what Xavier said to Trey was brilliant. I must remember that, what was it? Can someone remind me? Something about homophobic people being unsure of their own sexuality, or something :lol:

Oh yes, I thought what Xavier said to Trey was brilliant. I must remember that, what was it? Can someone remind me? Something about homophobic people being unsure of their own sexuality, or something :lol:

I think it was something like "We all know homophobics are people that can't handle their own sexuality.Any time you want to come out of the closet, we'll be there."

Archived