Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I found it so funny the way Geoff was too embarrassed to say what happened with Claudia. Firstly after they put the fire out and he went too see Miles and he couldn’t explain why he was in the van with her and Miles said he didn’t need an explanation as he knew exactly what he was doing. Also with Martha when she asked him what he was doing in the van with Claudia and he had trouble spelling it out for her (Loved the use of the term “together”). Again with Annie (who went back to being judgmental in that episode) when he deliberately avoided her because he was too ashamed to come clean. I knew that when she found out she would be in denial as the very notion that her Christian brother who “was so good” could commit fornication twice was incomprehensible. It’s funny because I wasn’t overly thrilled with Geoff getting some sort of comeuppance. I really didn’t like the way Lochie layed into him but I still feel the person to blame the most in all of this is Claudia. She’s played both of them.

What Jai did was just as bad as Xavier if you ask me. However as no one was hurt I don’t see any good coming from him fessing up about it to be honest. At least it allows a resolution to feuding with Trey. As Jai mentioned there’s also the issue of Trey’s dad kicking up a fuss again and the insurance on the burnt caravan.

Interesting how Kirsty went to the city with Miles. I wonder if she saw any of her family (I doubt it since they don’t exist anymore, as most people that leave the show fade into the ether). That would have been a good opportunity for the writers to have given them a mention without too much explanation for the lack of continuity since she returned.

I’m starting to think Miranda had a point when she said Charlie was being childish regarding her relationship with Joey. They way she was crying when she went to talk to Hugo about what he said to her made her seem very adolescent. I felt this was amplified by the fact she was wearing her uniform and should have been on her way to work. And I know this keeps getting brought up but that scene just reminded me of when Jack was consoling her after her break-up with Roman.

I liked that Joey put that aside momentarily to help with the fire. And I really liked the stuff with Ruby and the concern she had for her. It’s just a shame it’s turned out like this. In saying that I didn’t like the way she had a go at Hugo though. I just didn’t see the point. What’s done is done. I’m going to come right out and say it but if I was in his position I probably would have done the same thing *ducks*

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Ruby having a go at Hugo, not because of the Charlie thing specifically but because he's a total jerk all round and I have no sympathy for him, plus Annie is a judgemental little shrew. It's one thing to question your own sisters intentions but another for someone else to be talking crap about them.

Geoff is a waster who is being used and manipulated by Claudia. She knew she had a boyfriend and used the fact that she might go back to him to convince Geoff to push things further. I think she intended to string both Geoff and the other guy along. As for Annie she doesn't live in anything resembling the real world. She is mean and judgemental and I have no idea how Ruby is even friends with her in the first place.

Charlie is 12 years old, that is all. She needs to get a girp. Say your sorry, if she doesn't forgive you well no great loss there anyway.

I think Hugo was right, he did take advantage of Charlie. She was upset, wasn't she also a bit drunk? Knowing those things, he should not have then taken her off to bed. Remember how Roman didn't even tell Leah that she'd kissed him when drunk? That was the proper behaviour.

I think that Lachie was lucky that he caught Geoff off guard, because Geoff is twice his size [or width anyway :lol: ]. But I think its Claudia playing the two boys. She obviously has some serious history with Lachie, some terrible secret that she doesn't want Geoff to know, or she would surely dump Lachie immediately. Having said that, Geoff wasn't exactly a saint in all that. How tacky, taking Claudia to a van like that.

I think Hugo was right, he did take advantage of Charlie. She was upset, wasn't she also a bit drunk? Knowing those things, he should not have then taken her off to bed. Remember how Roman didn't even tell Leah that she'd kissed him when drunk? That was the proper behaviour.

That's a very good point Miranda. I think the main difference was Hugo fancied Charlie (not as much as he does Martha I think) and he’d already asked her out a couple of times. With Roman initially he only saw Leah as a colleague/business partner/platonic friend. So when she kissed him he sort of took it on the chin as it was her 30th and she was perfectly entitled to let her hair down. It wasn’t until after that he started looking at her as more than just a friend. I don’t think he would have acted the same way if Martha had been the one to kiss him instead of Leah.

^Another point worth making is that Leah threw up over Roman right after kissing him so we don't really know how far he would have taken it.I think Hugo actually treated Charlie really well, maybe even gentlemanly, the next morning and afterwards, apart from the odd inappropriate comment.

Anyway...More Aden and Nicole!More Aden and Nicole!Both "I want some" and "We got some."Maybe that was just comfort but did you see the way they looked at each other when they were messing about behind Roman's back?They so like each other.

Joey seems to have settled down a bit, she seemed more calm and rational today.Charlie...is as rubbish with women as she is with men.All the same, did seem to be mixed feelings on Joey's part when she said goodbye.I'm thinking maybe she actually will be back in three months instead of it just being one of those things they say.How did Brett know she was going if they didn't talk?Another nice scene between Charlie and Ruby.It really does seem like Ruby's the older sister sometimes.

I still quite like Claudia but her personality seems to have changed completely and it's only been a few weeks.She came in sassy and confident, now she seems like a weak-willed victim.(Shades of Cassie? Please, no...)Also quite liking her relationship with Geoff surprisingly and hope they keep it going. Somehow doubt we've seen the last of Lachie though.Interesting Geoff didn't answer when Nicole asked if he slept with someone else because she had.Loved Nicole keeping watch for them.Quixotic love, perhaps?

Nice that for once Belle managed to take a moral stand without seeming like a hypocrite.Nice big sister scene with Annie, even if I am still amused by the fact her surrogate little sister is now several inches taller than her.Annie can be so cute sometimes("Liam Murphy knows my name!").And at others she doesn't have a brain.Belle tells her to guard the photos with her life...so she leaves them on the bar in the surf club?In fact, why take them to the surf club at all, why not take them straight back to Belle? (Maybe she was waiting for the bus.We still don't know exactly where this rehab place is.)

Hugo is no gentleman. Plus Roman would never have taken advantage of Martha if she kissed him while drunk and greaving over Jack, that would never happen. Even Miles wouldn't have done what Hugo did. Hey I'm not saying he was to blame just that any other guy in the Bay(probably even Angelo) would have told Charlie to go home. It's all irreleavent really because Charlie is so utterly rubbish at relationships that she would have found a way to screw up things between her and Joey quickly enough.

Ruby is a star, I just adore her. She's just about the best kid sister you could have. Pity Charlie doesn't listen to her often enough.

Aden/Nicole are hot together, if only he wasn't supposed to be still in love with boring old Belle.

Yeah Nicole and Aden may be hot together but it's only comfort sex at the end of the day, nothing more.

What Aden has with Belle is much deeper.

It reminds me of Charlie and Angelo earlier in the year - when they were using each other to ease the pain of their respective relationship breakups.

In saying that I didn’t like the way she had a go at Hugo though. I just didn’t see the point. What’s done is done. I’m going to come right out and say it but if I was in his position I probably would have done the same thing *ducks*

Agree with all you say Slade. A good analysis. But who are you referring to in your last sentence "in his position"?

Yeah Nicole and Aden may be hot together but it's only comfort sex at the end of the day, nothing more.

What Aden has with Belle is much deeper.

It reminds me of Charlie and Angelo earlier in the year - when they were using each other to ease the pain of their respective relationship breakups.

Sorry to do my impression of a broken record but I don't see anything "deep" about a bunch of bland and unconvincing conversations about how much they like each other.Every time Aden and Belle have a problem they end up breaking up:That's how "deep" they are.I really, really wish they'd have the sense to stay away from each other then he and Nicole might be happy together;frankly they stand a better chance.

Sorry to do my impression of a broken record but I don't see anything "deep" about a bunch of bland and unconvincing conversations about how much they like each other.Every time Aden and Belle have a problem they end up breaking up:That's how "deep" they are.I really, really wish they'd have the sense to stay away from each other then he and Nicole might be happy together;frankly they stand a better chance.

I agree with this, Aden and Nicole seem to have a great bond before they had sex and even apart it, they are friends as well. I think they understand each other and Nicole isn't a needy and insecure as Belle. I think they would make a great couple but Aden is too hung up on Belle and how much she might need him/how he has "betrayed" her rather than if they are compatable.

That Charlie/Angelo were simply "friends with benefits" has little to do with Aden/Belle except at least that was honest.

Archived