Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Yes, the whole idea of Roman being charged with murder for shooting Mark when he'd already fired at them and was about to kill Gardy doesn't remotely ring true.Even if he had no defence and would therefore get the maximum penalty, the fact that he's even being charged with it is ridiculous.It feels as though instead of working through what would happen logically they're just shouting "Look over there!"

I think the main difference between Dani going to jail and Kane going is that when Dani was sent down everyone was fairly confident of getting her out and started working on the appeal straightaway.With Kane, even though as it turned out he did get out pretty quickly, there was more of a feeling of "This is it" like there is with Roman.I'm not entirely happy with the way Roman's been written out but short of killing him I'm not sure what else they could do.It would have to be pretty extreme for them to get rid of him but leave Nicole around.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I think in a war zone when a soldier goes mad and his commanding officer shoots him would surely be a situation to be VERY carefully looked into. I thought that commanding officers were actually allowed to shoot any of their men who go mad under war conditions- I'm sure there is a precedent.

Of course, we know why Roman is going straight to jail- Judge Dredd- er, I mean Morag- isn't there to defend him :lol:

Do you mean Tony is going fishing with Angelo on Jack's birthday? :unsure: How insensitive is that! No wonder Martha was upset- more upset I mean.

I think that is part of Tony's 'cunning plan'.

Yes, I think in a war zone when a soldier goes mad and his commanding officer shoots him would surely be a situation to be VERY carefully looked into. I thought that commanding officers were actually allowed to shoot any of their men who go mad under war conditions- I'm sure there is a precedent.

I think it was burying the body and covering it up (what happened that is) that is the trouble. Would that have been Gardy's idea?

I think it was burying the body and covering it up (what happened that is) that is the trouble. Would that have been Gardy's idea?

If that was why he was in trouble, it would be perfectly understandable, even if it was Gardy's idea. But, presumably because they didn't think that was dramatic enough, we've been told twice(by the MP that arrested him and by Kirsty)that he's been charged with murder.(Although...I've been trying to keep quiet about this one but I found it mildly amusing when Kirsty said Nicole would probably have kids of her own before Roman got out.By Summer Bay standards, that'll probably be next year...)

^^Well Angelo was taken to jail (although I agree the promotion bit and even being allowed to return to the police force is completely ridiculous and unrealistic). The difference is he decided not to give up, his lawyer pleaded mitigating circumstances and he was released.

I don’t see any reason why Roman can’t do the same thing. Even Charlie thought he could get off the robbery charges because he was effectively under duress as Gardy threatened to harm his daughter, Kirsty, Ollie and Jai. I still don’t understand why he’s being charged with murder, I’m sure with the actual shooting they could even plead a case for manslaughter. Like I said where's Morag when you need her? Although in saying that I don't think her success rate has been that great. Cassie's the only one I can think of who she successfully defended. Perhaps they can use Irene's lawyer, nope Angelo bailed her out didn't he?

^Well, Morag got Aden off which was pretty impressive.But yeah, Alf, Ric and Kane all got sent to jail on her watch and Robbie would have done too if he hadn't had such a lenient judge.I really don't like the way Roman's just given up and decided they can do whatever they want to him.I wish someone would give him a shake and tell him to stop being self-indulgent.

This is a bit off - topic but... I was nearly crying when nicole was saying bye to roman :( Especially with charlie blubbing in the corner aswell!!! Poor nicole :(

I did cry, i felt so sorry for Nicole :( I can't believe Roman's gone, i'll miss him a lot :(

If ever I'm the victim of some sort of crime Angelo Rosetta is one police officer I wouldn't want handling my case. The scene on the cliff when Tony grabbed him around the waist and pulled him back, was laughable. I actually laughed. The man is so dense for a cop! Ugh, I can't wait for the whole storyline to be done with. And shame on Tony for ignoring Rachel's call. :angry:

May's annoying. Already. Asking Charlie questions about Angelo - those are all things you can find out for yourself when you go on a date with him, otherwise you'll have nothing to talk about. :rolleyes: Why do I keep getting this feeling that she's someone from Jack's past?? I have no idea.

And what was with all the medical staff walking by Rachel when she needed a sit down in the hospital?? I thought that was odd, that none of them should ask her if she's okay. Which I hope she is.

So, I fear that once we're done with the boring Tony/Angelo storyline, we'll be stuck with another with the whole Hugo/Martha thing. BIG yawn. Here's hoping we get some decent Adelle scenes this week.

Archived