Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Okay, Slade, you pinched my opening line.Welcome to the Nerd Squad.I find it a bit odd Leah was only in one, it makes her absence from Rachel's dinner party seem even stranger.

Agree with you about Martha as well, after she seemed a bit more mature last episode she suddenly seemed to have hit the melodramatic button("Tony hates me!" being the one I found most excrutiating as well).Tony seemed to be back to being moody in the next scene.(And I have to say, since someone pointed out the bizarre TV convention of having a character walk off and another character just stand there calling after them instead of following them, I tend to roll my eyes at it:Rachel shouting "Tony! Tony!" as he, um, goes to bed was faintly hilarious.)Bit worrying that he seemed to take more notice of Alf than Rachel.Liked Amy handling her minimalist part in the scene where Tony gives Martha and Hugo the go ahead, looking surprised and pleased at his attitude(her awkward offer to get a drink at the start was great too).I think Hugo presumed a bit much:Just because Tony was fine with it didn't mean Martha would be.

Oh god, Aden and Belle were in it.I'm worried I'm getting obsessed again because I don't know what irritates me more:Them being happy or them being miserable.Lines like "I could live on love" and "You're my whole world" probably delighted their fans but I just found them cheesey and I found myself rolling my eyes when Belle went from talking about their grown-up relationship to being insecure after hearing one sentence of a conversation between Alf and Aden.(And I don't think he even called her his flatmate.)Glad Aden had the sense to ignore Alf's bizarre advice to skip work and talk to her.I'm hoping he's getting involved with Clint because of sensible things like food and bills, if he's doing it for the ring that's not much of a reality check:Okay, he'll lose his deposit but is it really worth sacrificing his conscience and/or his and Belle's future security because he wants to get engaged straightaway?At least he finally asked about a job at the Diner:Leah's excuse sort of made sense, Kirsty was working there before Roman left but they have got Irene back now.Who's working at the bait shop now?Ric's gone, Elliot's gone, Bridget's gone, Melody's gone...(That's a thought...Alf, give Aden a job there.You never know...)

What have they done to Ruby?!At the start of the week she interfered in Nicole's relationship with disastrous results and here her own isn't any better."It's wrong on so many levels,"says Charlie near the start.One of them being that Xavier doesn't look old enough to cross the road safely let alone have sex and Ruby doesn't act old enough to cross the road safely let alone have sex.Throwing a tantrum because her sister doesn't want her sleeping with a guy on a whim doesn't really suggest she's old enough to have an adult relationship.I'm glad Hugo changed his mind about talking with Xavier: Charlie's "We need to stop them!" attitude was a bit over the top but he did have a responsibility to check he knew what he was doing.I hope the storyline doesn't end with Charlie caving and deciding that a couple of hormonal teenagers jumping into bed together as soon as they're legal is a good thing 'cos, um, it's not.Liked Annie's reaction:She obviously agreed with Charlie but she wasn't going to say anything to Ruby because she knew it would only upset her.And thankfully she's back to dressing like a sixteen year old maiden aunt.(On fashion faux pases:What was Belle wearing in her first scene?! Either she thought it was a toga party or she'd been raiding Nicole's wardrobe.Her clothes in the rest of the episode were much more her.)

Claudia is 17, which I think makes her slightly younger than Geoff, and she mentioned she'd been with Lachie since she was in Year 8(13 to 14 years old).

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Charlie is being completely unreasonable. Its none of her business what Ruby and Xavier do and she should be pleased that Ruby is being sensible about it and telling her, and planning everything. What will happen if Charlie carries on the way she is doing, is that Ruby and Xavier will sneak off somewhere and do it anyway, not in the comfort of Ruby's home. She should have said 'okay, Ruby, thanks for telling me and being sensible about it' [much as Hugo tried to do with Xavier.]The more she makes sex seem naughty and dangerous, the more they will want to get on with it.

I wonder if Charlie has had terrible experiences with men [apart from jumping into bed with them], that is why she is going so over the top?

I just knew the minute Martha and Hugo came out in the open, Martha would get cold feet. Does Hugo not remember the Jack and Martha saga? He'll have to marry and divorce her at least three times before they settle down :lol:

Can anyone tell me what Belle said to Aden just before they sat down to their spaghetti on toast?/ I thought she said something along the lines of: "I'm in pain and need a painkiller" ???? For some reason I couldn't make out what she said, even though I rewound and played a few times. [A bit obsessive, yup]

If that was what she said, this could be the start of it. :(

Can anyone tell me what Belle said to Aden just before they sat down to their spaghetti on toast?/ I thought she said something along the lines of: "I'm in pain and need a painkiller" ???? For some reason I couldn't make out what she said, even though I rewound and played a few times. [A bit obsessive, yup]

Guess I'm even more obsessive 'cos...thanks to the twin miracles of multiple repeats and subtitles, I can reveal she says "I'm also so hungry I'm in pain.Let me get the pepper and we can eat."

Archived