Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know who this Slade chap/girl is (can't be bothered to check sorry!) but his/her posts are ace!

Thank you sir! I’m male but I do think Red Ranger is the stellar poster here, certainly in this thread.

And thank you, sir.Thanks for the endorsement and I enjoy reading your posts as well.

Ahem! When you boys have quite finished admiring each other!

Rich Leamington, I humbly stand corrected about your knowledge of the West Midlands, I bow to your superior knowledge :wink:

I shall return later with HAA comments, I just wanted to say all that :whistle:

How long before Angelo realises the taser has gone and puts two and two together? I'm not sure that even if that woman had decided to give evidence against Grant it would work in their favour. To me it seemed she was putting words into the other woman's mouth. As we know Grant can be very charming when he likes so it was not surprising that woman fell for his chat, which beggers the question why does he feel he has to rape any woman that resists him? I feel so sorry for Tracy who has been so blinded by all his lies.

When Grant saw Charlie he said he had lost Tracy so Ruby was all he had left, yet when Tracy was talking to Ruby she said they were back together, so had that happened in between the two meetings or had he been lying (again)?

John Palmer really is a piece of work is he just being against Hugo's idea for the hell of it? Hugo said he wouldn't listen because it was coming from him. Why doesn't Hugo give his side of the arguement to the press?

Where is Nicole getting the money from to pay for her trip away with Sid? Was she planning to book in as Mr. & Mrs.?

I thought that was quite a good episode. At the start I was shocked by what Charlie was doing. Not only had she kidnapped Grant but she was trying to torture him into a confession (it did also look liked they’d cut part of a scene out). It seemed as though at one point she was actually revealing in the reversal of position i.e. she was the one in control and with the power and I thought it was quite sadistic. I couldn’t understand her reasoning at first because as a police officer she knew he was under duress so anything mentioned would be inadmissible. When Ruby turned up she understandably thought Charlie had completely lost it and I felt she still doubted her mother. This was apparent even though Morag tried to convince Ruby otherwise from her experience as a Lawyer. It wasn’t until Ruby untied Grant and he delivered the same line that Charlie mentioned to Ruby when he raped her did the realisation finally kick in. I thought that was quite a powerful scene TBH. When Grant finally revealed his true colours he seemed to reveal in the horror on Ruby’s face. I loved the right hand slap Ruby gave him. I’m glad they’ve reconciled and Ruby’s decided to move back in (for now) so they can actually build a mother-daughter relationship but I still think Charlie took a big risk. What if Ruby hadn’t made the connection and figured out where she was how far would she have gone? (As an aside Ruby said Xavier saw Charlie get into the car with Grant but yesterday all he did was text Ruby and say he saw Charlie so I assumed he just went back to playing pool). I think the worst thing was because Charlie did something illegal and Grant’s effectively blackmailed her, she now can’t go after him so I guess this leaves him free to do this to other women. I think it would have been better to have had another try to talk the two women from yesterday's episode into going forward.

I see Aden’s still calling Geoff “Bible Boy”. Does Geoff still go to church I can’t remember the last time he mentioned it? Annie was actually sarcastic too. It’s so obvious he’s going to come round eventually. Interesting that Annie’s words seemed to have effect whereas Geoff’s didn’t. Was she doing that for Irene or for Geoff or for both of them?

I wasn't sure if Grant was guilty, right until he confessed. When Charlie interviewed those girls in the city neither of them said what Grant had actually done. I'm not sure if the scriptwriters intended us still not to be sure but all the girls said is that he had done something horrible to them. Now it has been shown that Grant did do it then fair play to Charlie for kidnapping him and tieing him up, especially for the reasons she gave at the end to Ruby. I doubt also that Ruby would have helped him if she'd have been sure of the truth.

I think the worst thing was because Charlie did something illegal and Grant’s effectively blackmailed her, she now can’t go after him so I guess this leaves him free to do this to other women.

As Charlie said to Ruby though, she was doing it so Ruby knew the truth, nothing else.

Oh yes, fulfilling my function as pedantic so-and-so, I forgot to point out that Bernard Curry mispronounced fracas(it should be "frak-ah", not "frak-ass").

I disagree there! Why do you think it should be frak-ah?

I agree with Red Ranger. There is a difference between US and UK pronunciation of fracas. Certainly UK pronunciation should be "frak-ah". I'm not sure about Australian pronunciation, but you seem to be based in the UK so surely you would expect to hear "frak-ah".

I thought that was quite a good episode. At the start I was shocked by what Charlie was doing. Not only had she kidnapped Grant but she was trying to torture him into a confession (it did also look liked they’d cut part of a scene out). It seemed as though at one point she was actually revealing in the reversal of position i.e. she was the one in control and with the power and I thought it was quite sadistic. I couldn’t understand her reasoning at first because as a police officer she knew he was under duress so anything mentioned would be inadmissible. When Ruby turned up she understandably thought Charlie had completely lost it and I felt she still doubted her mother. This was apparent even though Morag tried to convince Ruby otherwise from her experience as a Lawyer. It wasn’t until Ruby untied Grant and he delivered the same line that Charlie mentioned to Ruby when he raped her did the realisation finally kick in. I thought that was quite a powerful scene TBH.

I agree, a very powerful scene, one of the best for quite a while. But was expecting Angelo to phone Ruby there and then come over to comfort Charlie. Very supportive actions for a teenage girl. Well done Ruby!

Archived