Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Actually I thought Colleen was very sympathetic towards Kirsty which just shows she can curb her usual habit of saying the wrong things at the wrong times, but she was back to normal when she met Shelley! She was also spot on about a girl/woman needing their mum at times like this. Miles did do the right thing about contacting Shelley (although he might live to regret it for other reasons). I'm guessing they must have had a number for her somewhere. Will we find out tonight what Kirsty was gong to say regards her and Miles's relationship? It wasn't just you Slade I picked up on that when Alf asked about Rhys. As for Jade didn't she leave to live with her biological family? I remembered Shelley also lost a baby so she would be able to understand exactly how Kirsty is feeling.

Initially I thought Hugo was being very unreasonable about Martha fostering Bambang (keep wanting to call him Bam Bam), thinking maybe it's because Bambang may eventually name him as one of the poeple involved in getting him into the country. Then it struck me the reason could be he wants to protect him by getting out of Derrick's reach. If he (Bambang) is out of the bay he will be safer. You're initial thought RR that Bambang may be a girl must have been disproved because surely, when he turned up at Martha's she would have given him a bath, if he had been a she it would have been found out then. Strange there was no sign of Angelo seeing how keen he was to have an interpreter speak to him. He's not going to be happy when he finds out he's gone.

On a different point - when Ruby had her dream about hurting her hand it was her left hand, but when she actually did hurt it it was her right hand - slip up in the continuity department maybe? :unsure:

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m still not entirely convinced especially considering Miles and Kirsty recently went to city with Ollie (the time Trey had a fight with Jai). Part of me wondered at the time whether she might have seen her family but it was simply never mentioned. I’ve said this before but I still find it hard to believe when she was arrested that nobody contacted them and none of the other Sutherlands came down. Also when Shelly was catching up with Coleen, Coleen said “Is Dani still in France?” so obviously someone had been in contact with them since Dani left and Dani only departed about four months before Kirsty and Kane did so there’s a reasonable chance Dani could have gone to France after Kirsty and Kane eloped.

Anyway really good to see Shelly again. I’ve always liked her. Surprisingly I thought she looked quite good and have to agree about Kirsty. How old’s Christie now, 23? But I think the fact that she’s put on weight and some of her attire doesn’t really do her any justice. Once again I found myself willing Coleen to shut up but Shelly knows what she’s like anyway. I can’t imagine anybody would hold a grudge regarding Beth considering this happened over five years ago and all the Hunters have left now. Besides I would have been very suprised if Rhys didn't go to Beth's funeral. Come to think of it why hasn't Kirsty mentioned Beth since she's been back? Was it just me or when Alf asked after Rhys, the way Shelly mentioned he was doing well without mentioning what he’s been up to made me wonder if everything was ok with them? I would have really liked to get a mention from Jade because I ALWAYS saw her as an essential part of the Sutherland clan and was really disappointed with her departure. I’d like to think Dani’s a reasonably successful author now. She was clearly going places so I’m not surprised she went to Europe. Aren’t Scott and Haley in France? I’m assuming Miles gave Shelly a low down when he called her but I was half expecting Shelly to enquire about Kane or perhaps simply asking why she didn’t contact them. I guess the longer Kirsty had been out of touch with them the harder it was to pick up the phone and call her family, although would it have killed her to write a letter.

I agree it's a tad ridiculous that they made out there's been a huge rift between Kirsty and her family over what happened with Beth.Then again she was out of touch with them for the three years she was on the run and I imagine she was just too ashamed and embarrassed to turn to them after it was all over.Given that Rhys and Shelley left under a bit of a crowd and even Dani to a lesser extent, I doubt anyone would have kept in contact with the Sutherlands after Kane and Kirsty left.(Unless Colleen's still in touch with Max?)It did feel as though someone forgot that Matilda was still living at the caravan park when Miles first moved in, instead of pointing out Beth was her mum he just went "Oh yeah, Kirsty's mentioned her."Yes, Scott and Hayley are in Paris but then, France is a big place...

I really didn't like Kirsty leaving like that.It seems running away is a way of life to her.When they said they were bringing Shelley back for her departure, I expected it to be a week or two, instead it was pretty much "Hi, Mum.Okay, let's go."I would have liked a better catch-up between them.I was pleased that even though she hardly knew him Shelley wasn't happy with the way Kirsty treated Miles.She was never really the same character after 2002 but they managed to focus on her more mumsey characteristics here.Shame it was only a token protest:Fair enough, support Kirsty's decision, but I'd have liked her to offer to stay and talk to Miles with her and help him see why she had to leave.I think she does still love him but she just finds it too painful to be constantly reminded of what she lost. Knowing what was to come, Kirsty's last supper with the family and her effective farewells to Nicole and Miles were somewhat sad.But I hated those last scenes, especially her "Just trust Mummy" speech to Ollie when she's ripping his home and family out from under him.Someone's going to have to have an upsetting conversation with him further down the line.

Just when Xavier seemed to be growing on me, he's back to being annoying.And he seems to have found a new slightly more intelligent friend to drag into trouble.Romeo did at least try to stop him but ended up just going with the flow.Ironically, it was Liam's friend who caused the real trouble and the sort of person he was showed why Liam needs to stay away from that scene, although it was good that he got rid of him straight away when he found out what he was up to.But Xavier abandoning Romeo to clear up the mess he created because he wanted to fool around with some girl made him seem like a poor friend.Rosie doesn't seem to be very high on the good friend list either, first having a go at Xavier for not calling Ali and then making out with him herself.Not sure why Romeo tried to call Nicole for help instead of Miles or Kirsty, maybe if he was trying to keep a lid on things but the cat was well and truly out of the bag by that point.

Not sure about Nicole's behaviour towards Liam.She seemed positively bored when he was talking about his recording session at the start(ironic given that Colleen was describing them as "cosy")but then she seemed lost without him and texting him all the time.I don't really know what to make of her scene with Aden.Recently they've been suggesting that he's attracted to her but that scene is the first time they've actually looked like siblings to me instead of good friends who used to live together: Running around a table and refusing to give her her phone back seemed more the act of a bossy older brother than a potential boyfriend.

I’m still not entirely convinced especially considering Miles and Kirsty recently went to city with Ollie (the time Trey had a fight with Jai). Part of me wondered at the time whether she might have seen her family but it was simply never mentioned. I’ve said this before but I still find it hard to believe when she was arrested that nobody contacted them and none of the other Sutherlands came down. Also when Shelly was catching up with Coleen, Coleen said “Is Dani still in France?” so obviously someone had been in contact with them since Dani left and Dani only departed about four months before Kirsty and Kane did so there’s a reasonable chance Dani could have gone to France after Kirsty and Kane eloped.

Anyway really good to see Shelly again. I’ve always liked her. Surprisingly I thought she looked quite good and have to agree about Kirsty. How old’s Christie now, 23? But I think the fact that she’s put on weight and some of her attire doesn’t really do her any justice. Once again I found myself willing Coleen to shut up but Shelly knows what she’s like anyway. I can’t imagine anybody would hold a grudge regarding Beth considering this happened over five years ago and all the Hunters have left now. Besides I would have been very suprised if Rhys didn't go to Beth's funeral. Come to think of it why hasn't Kirsty mentioned Beth since she's been back? Was it just me or when Alf asked after Rhys, the way Shelly mentioned he was doing well without mentioning what he’s been up to made me wonder if everything was ok with them? I would have really liked to get a mention from Jade because I ALWAYS saw her as an essential part of the Sutherland clan and was really disappointed with her departure. I’d like to think Dani’s a reasonably successful author now. She was clearly going places so I’m not surprised she went to Europe. Aren’t Scott and Haley in France? I’m assuming Miles gave Shelly a low down when he called her but I was half expecting Shelly to enquire about Kane or perhaps simply asking why she didn’t contact them. I guess the longer Kirsty had been out of touch with them the harder it was to pick up the phone and call her family, although would it have killed her to write a letter.

I agree it's a tad ridiculous that they made out there's been a huge rift between Kirsty and her family over what happened with Beth.Then again she was out of touch with them for the three years she was on the run and I imagine she was just too ashamed and embarrassed to turn to them after it was all over.Given that Rhys and Shelley left under a bit of a crowd and even Dani to a lesser extent, I doubt anyone would have kept in contact with the Sutherlands after Kane and Kirsty left.(Unless Colleen's still in touch with Max?)It did feel as though someone forgot that Matilda was still living at the caravan park when Miles first moved in, instead of pointing out Beth was her mum he just went "Oh yeah, Kirsty's mentioned her."Yes, Scott and Hayley are in Paris but then, France is a big place...

I really didn't like Kirsty leaving like that.It seems running away is a way of life to her.When they said they were bringing Shelley back for her departure, I expected it to be a week or two, instead it was pretty much "Hi, Mum.Okay, let's go."I would have liked a better catch-up between them.I was pleased that even though she hardly knew him Shelley wasn't happy with the way Kirsty treated Miles.She was never really the same character after 2002 but they managed to focus on her more mumsey characteristics here.Shame it was only a token protest:Fair enough, support Kirsty's decision, but I'd have liked her to offer to stay and talk to Miles with her and help him see why she had to leave.I think she does still love him but she just finds it too painful to be constantly reminded of what she lost. Knowing what was to come, Kirsty's last supper with the family and her effective farewells to Nicole and Miles were somewhat sad.But I hated those last scenes, especially her "Just trust Mummy" speech to Ollie when she's ripping his home and family out from under him.Someone's going to have to have an upsetting conversation with him further down the line.

Just when Xavier seemed to be growing on me, he's back to being annoying.And he seems to have found a new slightly more intelligent friend to drag into trouble.Romeo did at least try to stop him but ended up just going with the flow.Ironically, it was Liam's friend who caused the real trouble and the sort of person he was showed why Liam needs to stay away from that scene, although it was good that he got rid of him straight away when he found out what he was up to.But Xavier abandoning Romeo to clear up the mess he created because he wanted to fool around with some girl made him seem like a poor friend.Rosie doesn't seem to be very high on the good friend list either, first having a go at Xavier for not calling Ali and then making out with him herself.Not sure why Romeo tried to call Nicole for help instead of Miles or Kirsty, maybe if he was trying to keep a lid on things but the cat was well and truly out of the bag by that point.

Not sure about Nicole's behaviour towards Liam.She seemed positively bored when he was talking about his recording session at the start(ironic given that Colleen was describing them as "cosy")but then she seemed lost without him and texting him all the time.I don't really know what to make of her scene with Aden.Recently they've been suggesting that he's attracted to her but that scene is the first time they've actually looked like siblings to me instead of good friends who used to live together: Running around a table and refusing to give her her phone back seemed more the act of a bossy older brother than a potential boyfriend.

I did really enjoyed the Shelley return,, because whilst yes there was holes, it did feel like a culmination, of a storyline they had perhaps inadvertantly made happen that could be said to last 8 years from when Nick and Duncan decide to go to Kane's party and I actually believe that's the last time we'll ever see a Sutherland on the show. Actually, thinking of it, the way the show has went, there appears to be very few characters of the past 10 years who can plausibly return for anything. It's been rising of clans which ultimately roll through some branches and then die down.

That's why I loved Kirsty's exit. Running away from her problems IS a way of life to her and it always has been. If she'd stuck around to talk to Miles and then left, it just wouldn't have felt right for Kirsty.

I did really enjot the Shelley return,, because whilst yes there was holes, it did feel like a culmination, of a storyline they had perhaps inadvertantly made happen that could be said to last 8 years from when Nick and Duncan decide to go to Kane's party and I actually believe that's the last time we'll ever see a Sutherland on the show. Actually, thinking of it, the way the show has went, there appears to be very few characters of the past 10 years who can plausibly return for anything. It's been rising of clans which ultimately roll through some branches and then die down.

What's Nick and Duncan going to Kane's party got to do with anything? Was that the one where they stole a car and crashed into Scott Phillips' motorbike? I don't see what long term effect that had on anything. What happened to the original Scott Phillips, by the way? He was freaking awesome and seemed genuinely psychotic. The guy they got to replace him was absolutely abysmal.

Wasn't the first time we saw Kane when he was stalking Shauna?In fact, I think that's why Nick and Duncan went to the party, he got them the tickets because he was trying to impress Duncan's sister. (The party was the first time Kirsty and Kane shared a scene, although they never spoke and he didn't appear to know she was there.)

I agree with a lot of what people said above. I was really disappointed with both Xavier and Kirsty after that episode.

Firstly Xavier as Red Ranger mentioned before regarding lying to Ruby about his amnesia seemed to revert back to person he was several months ago, doing things spontaneously without thinking of the implications. It’s a shame because I was quite pleased he fessed up to Robertson regarding Charlie’s alibi and he seemed to be keeping his head down as of late and I was very sympathetic towards him regarding Ruby. I know he tried to tell Liam it was his fault and not Romeo’s but he still shouldn’t have done that. And yes then he was copping off with Ali’s best mate although reluctant at first he still appeared to go along with it and left Romeo to his own devices again being quite selfish.

The other person I didn’t like was Kirsty. I started off feeling quite impressed that she was honest with Miles but at the end of the episode decided to take the coward’s way out. Even if she wanted to leave him then and there fine but she should have told him to his face. I thought Shelly left the episode rather abruptly at the beginning so wasn’t that surprised when she came back. I thought at first she was simply going to go along with Kirsty’s plans without saying anything but at least the counsellor part of her kicked in and even though she was acting more like a mother still advised him to tell Miles. I do agree with Red Ranger again to a certain extent if she had stayed with Kirsty and spoke to Miles perhaps it would have been easier but I think Miles probably would have insisted that he talk to Kirsty alone. It’s ironic he called Shelly because he thought she would help but in the end that gave Kirsty a perfect opportunity to get out of the relationship.

When Shelly said Kirsty had been asking about her sisters I’d like to think she included Jade as opposed to Laura or even both of them maybe. So by people’s comments can I infer that’s Christie done? The way Kirsty and Kane left the first time round the writers purposely did it so they could return some day but I don’t think we’ll be seeing Kirsty again. It’s interesting what you say Ryan about how hard it’s been for past characters to return because they effectively have no ties to the bay. I thought Sally’s departure meant some of the older characters can’t return (although Pippa did come back for a bit). Purely from an acting point of view I’m not sure it’s a good idea to return in terms of career progression. I can’t imagine going back to some of the places I worked at when I was younger now. I also think ebrett84 made an excellent point too. Although not all the endings are good I do feel they sometimes try and tailor the person’s final scenes to suit their personality and time on the show. I always thought Dani’s ending was sad but felt she was generally a sad person. The KK ending the first time round suited them because they made a habit of skipping town and it was just them against the world. So I guess this ending was very similar to her previous one i.e. running away from her problems without telling anyone and simply writing a letter. I’m hoping for some sort of voiceover when Miles does get home and reads it.

I have to admit I really liked the scene with Nicole and Aden in the Diner, especially that way Leah was siding with Aden and everybody clapped afterwards. I thought Aden came across really well in that episode, especially rushing off to Romeo’s aid like that. I think the person we should be most worried about is Liam’s drummer. Liam carting him off like that means he’s not going to be implicated in anything so Romeo’s probably going to cop the flack and Liam’s drummer is free to go and spike another girl’s drink and next time she might not be so lucky...

Archived