Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Well...I think Hugo's telling the truth about his relationship with Suzy now, even though it came out a bit at a time.Although...I can understand if he was sleeping with her, he's shown in the past that he's a guy, but in love with her?She doesn't come across as a very loveable person.If he's involved with something dodgy, I think she probably is too.At first I thought he might have been but his explanation does seem plausible.I can understand Martha's reaction but really all Hugo's done is conceal details of his past from her(and, well, openly lie to her about them).Are DOCS really going to let her have Bambang while all this is going on?I assume she's told them that she's changed address and left her boyfriend and extended family behind.Shame Xavier's back to dismissing Hugo as a jerk, with all the bonding between them gone out the window, even though I can understand his sympathies lying with Martha.There does seem to be a distinct lack of family loyalty among those three, including Gina.

Angelo really needs to come up with a better investigative technique than "Drag Hugo down the station and then act surprised when he doesn't confess."Seems Xavier does have amnesia, just not as much amnesia as he claimed.Hugo's reaction to the photofit is a bit surprising, along with Angelo's claim that it doesn't match the description he gave them.Did he deliberately give a false description of Derrick? And if so, why's he telling the truth now?

CURS:What were Aden and John doing in there?Neither of them is seen or mentioned in the episode.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what a naughty Hugo! Poor Martha does not deserve this. I can't see her relationship with Hugo surviving this.

Great storyline though, what a long running one!

Ruby and Geoff are going to be the most boring couple ever, I think...

Liam is an idiot for not calling an ambulance for Romeo. Thank goodness Aden was there. I hope Nicole ends up with Aden, not Liam, he is all talk and no heart whereas for once I support Aden.

Not surprised about Miles and Kirsty. I wonder if she will be back again. It was so nice to see Shelley again!

I,m suprised they have turned Hugo in to rather a nasty person having married for convenience.

As mentioned in my previous post Scott Hunter married for convenience (and he wasn't nasty) he did it so the girl in question could stay in Australia and finish her studies. Wonder how much truth there is in Hugo's explanation about marrying Suzy so she could have a business? Did they both start the people smuggling business between them then Derrick got involved later? There did appear to have been more between them if what she said to Hugo was true.

Understandable reaction from Xavier just when he thought Hugo has started doing the right thing, surprised Gina didn't have a go at him, but did like the fact she left him and Martha to sort it out.

Hugo probably recognised Derrick from the photofit that's why he said 'that's the guy' although as Angelo pointed out it didn't match his original description.

It's going to be tough for Martha looking after Bambang on her own out on the farm, what's she going to do for money? When Derick finds out (as he surely will) she will have no protection out there.

Wow, the police have finally caught Derrick.It was a bit of a relief when Charlie and Angelo turned up just as he was about to snatch Bambang, guess Angelo's plan worked although it could easily have gone wrong.From what Derrick was saying on the phone, sounds like Clint/Wayan is still alive which I wasn't sure about.Again, impossible to tell either way whether Hugo was involved:He could have let Derrick know where Bambang was or it could all have been a huge coincidence.I have to say, Charlie's seeming less and less convincing as a station chief, she doesn't seem to have a lot of authority about her at the moment.

I think Hugo probably only said he wanted to take in Bambang to please Martha but I also think he is genuinely serious about her.I hope so too.Jury's out on him accepting the ticket from Suzy:I'm not sure if he's actually planning on using it or if he just took it to get rid of her, guess we'll see.Looked like a couple of scenes were switched:Martha, Hugo and Bambang head off fishing, then a few scenes later Hugo's still at the house when Suzy arrives and says Martha's on her way over.

Glad that there was actually some follow-up to Xavier abandoning Romeo at the party, I wasn't expecting it to be mentioned again.Typically they got past it quickly although I did wonder if Romeo only told Xavier about John and Gina to freak him out.Not sure how Xavier found out what happened to Romeo:The only people that seem to know are Aden, Nicole and Liam, none of whom are exactly best friends with Xavier.Interesting to hear Gina observing she's not that successful a parent, even if it was more of a throwaway remark than a heartfelt admission.Liked the scene between John and Romeo with John refusing to back down:My biggest worry is that they'll either turn him into an out-and-out villain or make him nice.

I personally thought Romeo went and told Xavier about John and Gina just to get a reaction out of him as some sort of payback for bailing out on him last week.

Hugo’s wife seems extremely determined. Not to mention that she comes across as calculating and manipulative. What exactly does she have on Hugo that made him agree to go back to Indonesia? It’s hard to tell whether he was saying that just to get rid of her but to me it doesn’t appear that he’s in love with his wife so apart from not being able to divorce her why doesn’t he just put his foot down? I did wonder if Hugo set Derrick up. He didn’t seem very surprised to see him (yes I know they’re acquainted).

Looked like a couple of scenes were switched:Martha, Hugo and Bambang head off fishing, then a few scenes later Hugo's still at the house when Suzy arrives and says Martha's on her way over.

I spotted that as well RR, definitely a hiccup in the continuity department.

Just who was Derrick on the phone to though, could it have been Suzy, I've a feeling she is the brains behind the operation. As you say it was very lucky Angelo and Charlie turned up when they did, I know Hugo denied knowing who Derrick was but from the look he gave Hugo you can tell that isn't true.

I'm in two minds about Hugo accepting the ticket, was it just to keep her quite or the threat she made about Martha?

I'm not excusing Xavier abandoning Romeo at the party, but in his defence he didn't know he was going to down that drugged drink. It doesn't look like we are going to see those two girls again judging from what Xavier said.

Gina knew there would be trouble about her seeing John but Xavier is rather jumping the gun by assuming they are going to get married. :rolleyes:

At the start of the episode when Miles was unshaven it reminded me of when he first turned up to the bay. Part of me still wishes he would go to the city to speak with Kirsty as Leah said to get some kind of closure (not because I want them back together) but I accept that’s not she wants. If Jai was still here though I’m sure he would have gone to the city to speak to her himself.

I never knew Martha was a qualified electrician. At least Alf’s being pleasant to Liam now. Hugo seemed to be making an effort with Bambang but I wonder if he really is involved in the people smuggling whether he will simply decide to jump ship and go back to Indonesia before any connection is made and there’s enough evidence to arrest him.

Derrick Quaid was smug when Angelo was questioning him. It seemed similar to when Gibsy would rather face prison than implicate the people behind the Abalone fishing.

For someone who made a major breakthrough I have to say Angelo wasn’t best pleased and it is really coming across now as if nailing Hugo (for anything) is more important than the investigation and bringing the perpetrators to justice.

I wasn’t paying too much attention to the stuff with Liam/Nicole/Aden but I think Liam and Nicole are kind of ok for now. I do sympathise with Liam. He spent all his cash on a place he wanted to turn into a business and now has to fork out for shoddy wiring - Money which he doesn’t have. Quite liked it when Aden declared Nicole had “summoned” him. Nicole pulled a masterstroke at the end. Aden and Liam living together will be a recipe for disaster. It has the potential to be even worse than when Geoff and Aden were at the height of their animosity.

it would be nice for Miles to get closure, but it so rarely happens in real life :huh:

Martha Martha Martha! Never say that all the bad things are behind you and everything will be alright with Hugo from now on. A sure invitation for bad things to happen!

If only it would turn out to be someone else [not Hugo] behind Derrick [so to speak]. Someone really shocking, like Colleen!

Archived