Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I'm not excusing Xavier abandoning Romeo at the party, but in his defence he didn't know he was going to down that drugged drink.

I agree he wasn't to blame for that, the main gripe I have is that he was the one that practically forced Romeo into having the party then he left him to tidy up and get everyone out of the house on his own and didn't even ring him up the following day to see if he was all right.

By the way, I hear we will be seeing those two girls again after the break...

I thought that too, Slade, about how Miles looks like he did when he first turned up:It was especially obvious during the scene on the beach when he looked almost exactly like an avatar doing the rounds somewhere from his first episode.Really liked that little bonding scene between him and Nicole, by the way, I like their relationship.Good that Jai got a mention too, presumably they've told him what's happened.I think he's doing the right thing not going after Kirsty, as I said before I doubt she'd even see him, she'd probably get her parents to turn him away.I think it might be a good idea to write a letter to her actually, even if she doesn't read it I think that would give him closure.Liked the way he looked at Bambang at the Diner, he was obviously thinking about Ollie.

Angelo's interview technique again came across as less than effective although they seemed to knock the cocky attitude out of Derrick in the end.Charlie does seem to be getting fed up with Angelo's obsession with Hugo, which seems more extreme by the moment.Not sure what to make of that scene of Hugo looking at the ticket:Was he feeling guilty because he's going to go, wondering if he should go or worrying about what Martha would think if she knew he had it?And have he, Martha and Bambang all moved out to that farm or was he just visiting?

Awww, Nicole misses Aden.I've kind of got mixed feelings about her and Liam:They act okay around each other but they just look wrong, he's way too old for her.Been a while since Martha being an electrician was mentioned, although she did rewire the farm earlier in the year.Liked the little bit of Liam with Bambang, given that Bambang's usually nervous around strangers he did seem to take to Liam.Not sure if the look Aden gave Nicole and Liam in the Diner was jealousy or just annoyance that she hadn't listened to him.She seems to have worked out that when he's in a mood you just give him a wide berth.Had to laugh at the last scene where Aden comes home to find Liam moving in, especially when he said they'll kill each other.Storming up that stairs when he and Nicole have a row is starting to become a habit...

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got it all sorted out. Hugo will be dramatically outed as a villain, Martha will be devastated. Liam and Nicole will split up over something, Liam will then get together with Martha. Nicole will then get together with Aden. Sorted! You don't need to watch any more episodes :lol:

Angelo would know from police reports at the time that it was eight months ago that Geoff and Nicole were stranded on the island. It would appear that Derrick is more scared of the people behind the people smuggling than he is by the threat of prison. At least Nicole has indentified him as I suppose Geoff will too.

It does seem to be largely forgotten that Martha is a qualified electrican but that is how after all she and Jack first met when she did the wiring at the Holden house when Tony, Jack and Lucas moved to the bay. Yes indeed Miranda, bad idea for her to say all their troubles are behind them. Was that a good idea of Hugo to leave that ticket where Martha could easily find it?

It did seem a return to his bad time for Miles when he appeared unshaven in the Diner, but he seemed to have shaved the next day when he apologised to Leah. Maybe the reason he doesn't want to contact Kirsty is because he doesn't want to get hurt by another rejection.

Maybe the reason Bambang and Liam connected was because Liam has a little boy.

Did like that scene when Nicole moved Liam into the house, because as she pointed out to Aden it is her house. :D Hope his remark to Alf about the fact Lou had the berth for a long time doesn't prove to be unfounded!

Well, last edition tomorrow for a few weeks. Sob, sob. Will miss it over Christmas. Doesn't look as though there will be a cliffhanger of an ending.

I'd like to keep in touch over the Christmas period, Red Ranger, Slade, H&Alover and others. Will you still be posting here or transfer to another slot, like some of you did during the summer break? It took me a while to find you.

If not, a very happy Christmas to you all and here's hoping for an exciting 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian.

Ha ha Miranda i wish it was so easy but all sorts of things seem to be going on

Ah, you mark my words young lady, it will happen :P

Why is Nicole obsessed that Aden and Liam should be besties? and also, does Geoff know that Aden slept with Nicole? as everyone seems to be joining that club lately :lol:

I've got it all sorted out. Hugo will be dramatically outed as a villain, Martha will be devastated. Liam and Nicole will split up over something, Liam will then get together with Martha. Nicole will then get together with Aden. Sorted! You don't need to watch any more episodes :lol:

I strongly suspect that will pretty much be exactly what happens.Although...given my observation last week that they seem to be turning her into the show's new mother figure and given who else is newly single...Martha and Miles anyone?The campaign starts here...I don't really want Miles and Leah to get together, I'd rather they stayed friends.Although I'm still hoping Hugo will be more big red herring than criminal mastermind.

Aden and Liam should get their own sitcom.The way they kept pulling faces at each other was hilarious.Liked Geoff's expression when they were having a spat in front of him as well.Aden's turn to deliver the ultimatum and Nicole's turn to call him on it here, although she didn't look at all happy about doing so so I imagine she's glad he changed his mind.Nice that they confirmed Aden's on "mates' rates" rent, it is faintly ridiculous that he's running that house on his own when he's probably not earning very much.That was definitely a moment between Aden and Nicole at the end and she actually seemed disappointed that he wouldn't say he likes her.I'm not sure if Geoff knows that Aden and Nicole slept together or not.He probably does, it seems to be pretty much common knowledge among the Summer Bay crowd and Annie clearly knew in the episode where she took Aden to rehab with her.

I actually liked Geoff and Ruby in that episode, they seem to have a good dynamic again with him gently teasing her and undercutting her more serious moments while still being supportive.Not sure if Gonk suddenly being in Ruby's class contradicts the letter or the spirit of earlier episodes but the fact he was hanging around with Trey earlier in the year definitely suggested he was in Year 12.If he's meant to be Ruby and Xavier's age rather than Geoff and Nicole's, that makes him picking on Axel last year rather ridiculous.Ruby, believably, is having trouble adjusting to the lifestyle changes and if Miles hadn't been there she could have been in serious trouble.Liked her scenes with Rachel and Miles, they both handled it sensitively instead of going off at her for messing up.

VJ was in it!For the first time in ages.Dumb of him to throw the water bomb although I'm not convinced he would have thrown it if the car had been moving.Referencing Brendan doing something similar to Leah and Roman was a nice touch.I agree it definitely looks like he's being bullied.

Brian, we're probably not going to be posting in here much when there aren't any episodes on.Not sure if we're going to be saying much about the repeat episodes either given that we discussed them not so long ago but some of us will probably be around the forum a bit.And we'll definitely be back in here next year.

I strongly suspect that will pretty much be exactly what happens.Although...given my observation last week that they seem to be turning her into the show's new mother figure and given who else is newly single...Martha and Miles anyone?The campaign starts here...I don't really want Miles and Leah to get together, I'd rather they stayed friends.Although I'm still hoping Hugo will be more big red herring than criminal mastermind.

Aden and Liam should get their own sitcom.The way they kept pulling faces at each other was hilarious.Liked Geoff's expression when they were having a spat in front of him as well.Aden's turn to deliver the ultimatum and Nicole's turn to call him on it here, although she didn't look at all happy about doing so so I imagine she's glad he changed his mind.Nice that they confirmed Aden's on "mates' rates" rent, it is faintly ridiculous that he's running that house on his own when he's probably not earning very much.That was definitely a moment between Aden and Nicole at the end and she actually seemed disappointed that he wouldn't say he likes her.I'm not sure if Geoff knows that Aden and Nicole slept together or not.He probably does, it seems to be pretty much common knowledge among the Summer Bay crowd and Annie clearly knew in the episode where she took Aden to rehab with her.

I actually liked Geoff and Ruby in that episode, they seem to have a good dynamic again with him gently teasing her and undercutting her more serious moments while still being supportive.Not sure if Gonk suddenly being in Ruby's class contradicts the letter or the spirit of earlier episodes but the fact he was hanging around with Trey earlier in the year definitely suggested he was in Year 12.If he's meant to be Ruby and Xavier's age rather than Geoff and Nicole's, that makes him picking on Axel last year rather ridiculous.Ruby, believably, is having trouble adjusting to the lifestyle changes and if Miles hadn't been there she could have been in serious trouble.Liked her scenes with Rachel and Miles, they both handled it sensitively instead of going off at her for messing up.

VJ was in it!For the first time in ages.Dumb of him to throw the water bomb although I'm not convinced he would have thrown it if the car had been moving.Referencing Brendan doing something similar to Leah and Roman was a nice touch.I agree it definitely looks like he's being bullied.

Brian, we're probably not going to be posting in here much when there aren't any episodes on.Not sure if we're going to be saying much about the repeat episodes either given that we discussed them not so long ago but some of us will probably be around the forum a bit.And we'll definitely be back in here next year.

Isn't Martha a little young for Miles? Yeah, I know she's the same age (or close) as Kirsty, but still. It does seem they're trying to push Martha as a mother figure with this Bambang stuff, but I just find it completely unbelievable. Despite her age, I was able to buy Kirsty as some sort of mother figure, but not Martha. I'd like Miles to remain single for a while. Given how badly he's just been burned, I can't see him getting back on the horse, so to speak.

Although...given my observation last week that they seem to be turning her into the show's new mother figure and given who else is newly single...Martha and Miles anyone?The campaign starts here...

Isn't Martha a little young for Miles? Yeah, I know she's the same age (or close) as Kirsty, but still. It does seem they're trying to push Martha as a mother figure with this Bambang stuff, but I just find it completely unbelievable. Despite her age, I was able to buy Kirsty as some sort of mother figure, but not Martha. I'd like Miles to remain single for a while. Given how badly he's just been burned, I can't see him getting back on the horse, so to speak.

As you say, Martha's about the same age as Kirsty and Miles is only a couple of years older than Hugo so the age difference is hardly insurmountable.(They're closer in age than Tony or Rachel for instance.) I'm not saying next week, partly because the show isn't on, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened next year.

Archived