Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I think those immoral words are going to be imbedded in my mind – “Hugo loves Martha”.

Sorry Slade, what exactly was immoral about "Hugo loves Martha"? :D:wink:

I’m meant “immortal” but I’m sure you already figured that out.

Course I did Slade, just joshing. :D

I'm beginning to think John isn't racist after all after he stopped those blokes having a pop at Hazeem. I still don't see why he couldn't have had the paper print a statement saying the views of the paper weren't his and he was misquoted. He was telling Alf, before it all kicked off, that none of what was happening was down to him. trouble is, he is a public figure and they (the trouble makers) would believe he really thinks like that. It did seem to snowball rather quickly after the initial taunting of Hazeem, it certainly cranked up the tension again. This is also the start of 'things in the Bay never being the same again'.

I think Ruby said to Geoff and Irene she hadn't managed to get a lot of money and why she decided to get the care packets for the refugees.

I agree Red, when I saw Martha in hospital I thought that she looked very cheerful for someone whose boyfriend was killed only a few weeks ago. Since it is now Australia Day (26th January) obviously a few weeks have passed since all the drama at Christmas. Wasn't it on Australia Day last year that the Aden story started to unravel?

I thought doctors were supposed to be nonjudgemental, but that is exactly what Rachel was being like towards Liam, but she did relent somewhat later.

As for Mink, yes she was totally out of order by punching John, it seemed to make Romeo look a bit of a wimp by having his sister sort out his problems. There are obviously deep family problems there concerning their mother going by the way she was talking about her. When Romeo called Mink 'killer' do you suppose that may be a clue as to what happened all those years ago and why Romeo was in the home?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Rachel had every right to talk to Liam like she did. Millions is wasted every year by health services to treat drug addicts, alcoholics etc and 9 times out of 10 it makes no difference. Doctors and nurses waste a lot of time treating people with self inflicted injuries and it often leaves people who really need treatment going without.

I really like the look of the new H&A, I can't explain what it is but I feel like the episodes are better quality in some way. I love the landscape shots as well, they're a nice touch.

One thing I am pretty amazed about is the aftermath of Hugo's death. Martha cried like....once at the funeral and now she's fine? Tony appears absolutely fine, I would have thought it would bring up bad memories of Jack seeing as it's an exact year later and he died in pretty much the same way. Gina I can understand is in shock and I'm hoping for a breakdown a bit later so I wont judg yet but Martha is far too happy and I find that a bit unrealistic, no matter what he's done.

I have to agree with Kirsty about Liam. I work in a hospital and can't tell you how much time, energy and money is spent on people like Liam. If he was in a coma or seriously ill then I might not agree with Rachel's comments but all that had happened was he was high and could have ridden it out at home like he always has done. It's not like she was refusing to treat him. One of the qualities a doctor is meant to have is to be unjudgemental but doctors are still human beings and I can understand them being completely frustrated by someone like Liam who is taking up a bed, disrupting the ward with his shouting and singing and demanding their time when he really doesn't need it. I think Liam's a waste of time to be honest as a character.

I really love Hazem and Liam together. He's a pretty strong guy with the way he didn't react to the racist comments. I felt so sorry for him and for Leah to witness that.

I liked the stuff with Dumb and Dumber, sorry Xavier and Romeo, they do lighten up the place with their silliness. I couldn't belive that cop caught them, haven't the Bay cops got anything better to do? Or are they relaxing after all the people smuggling business? :rolleyes:

I thought John Palmer was genuinely annoyed with Hazem about the building work but I remembered he said 'that Kaffir bloke' when he saw Hazem. I looked Kaffir up and its a term of abuse, so yes, despite not wanting to think John is racist, he actually is. He is the character with all the nasty qualities in the Bay, how clicheed.

I am a Muslim and Kassir is a form of abuse so for me that is a racist thing to say and shows to me that Palmer has the characteristics of a racist.

It's already been explained that 'Kassir' is Hazem's surname....calling someone by their surname isn't racist.

I liked the stuff with Dumb and Dumber, sorry Xavier and Romeo, they do lighten up the place with their silliness. I couldn't belive that cop caught them, haven't the Bay cops got anything better to do? Or are they relaxing after all the people smuggling business? :rolleyes:

I thought John Palmer was genuinely annoyed with Hazem about the building work but I remembered he said 'that Kaffir bloke' when he saw Hazem. I looked Kaffir up and its a term of abuse, so yes, despite not wanting to think John is racist, he actually is. He is the character with all the nasty qualities in the Bay, how clicheed.

I am a Muslim and Kassir is a form of abuse so for me that is a racist thing to say and shows to me that Palmer has the characteristics of a racist.

It's already been explained that 'Kassir' is Hazem's surname....calling someone by their surname isn't racist.

I accept that I got it wrong. I wasnt trying to belittle RR1's comment just stating what I knew.

Like some people have said, really not understanding Martha at the moment, what with all her smiles and seemingly happy self, just doesn't seem consistent.

I like Romeo's character, but with Mink, I wish they'd stop with the massive ott characters at the beginning sometimes. Just take it down a notch or two, as the shock value doesn't have the same effect anymore I don't think. Saying that, I do like the fact they have a bit of family history about to come up with the abusive step father (I think). Also, I know Romeo's been there for a bit now, but I do like his refreshing views on alcohol and drugs.

You must understand the confusion though Dan! Kaffir and Kassir are very similar words, especially when subtitlers get involved.

Oh indeed, the subtitlers often **** things up - I was just referring to Zetti stating that 'Kassir' (not kaffir) was a racist term, which she's now admitted she got mixed up :wink:

Archived