Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I was a bit shocked myself that they had the racist incident linked to Australia Day- what exactly were they trying to say there? :blink:

Were Aden and Nicole intimate before Belle came along? :unsure: I really like them as a couple too, Charmed60 :) They are so cute sometimes. Although I was a bit surprised when Aden said 'don't you like a wet willy?' or something like that to Nicole. It obviously means something else in Australia :lol:

Shockingly, that race riot apparently mirrored a real-life incident.Art imitating life, I guess.Not exactly home run but Aden and Nicole did make out on the living room floor that time.(In fact, he kissed her right before he first turned up in Belle's room.If only he'd realised...)Aden said what?!Where was I?!

Found that episode really funny in places, not sure if I was meant to.Alf and Miles, Aden and Nicole and, of course, Miles and Rabbit, the show's best new double act.Please let her be real.Please let her stay even if she isn't.Everyone should have a Rabbit.Especially loved when she was jabbering away at Alf and imitates his "flamin' kids" speak.Alf and Miles carry on like the Odd Couple, showing just why Alf belongs in that house.He's the grumpy old man to Miles' eccentric at the moment and even if we know there's serious undertones to it, still fun to watch.

An offhand remark by Miles gets Nicole running scared and worrying she's smothering Aden.Her panicking and attempting to downplay their relationship really did have me laughing.Interesting to hear her mention Mink, I agree that she's a bit like Freya and I've been wondering how Nicole would react to her:Would they be friends or is Nicole a bit more grown-up now?By the end, Aden and Nicole seem to be on the same page again and then she goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like...I don't think he expected that but was he just a little bit pleased there?Not quite sure what Nicole meant when she told Liam she and Aden were moving faster than they did.Emotionally they're a lot further along but physically, I think she and Liam were at least at that stage within minutes of getting together.

So...were Angelo and Charlie meant to be at Leah's place at the end of Friday's episode?Didn't recognise it at all.Angelo's right that it's better Charlie tells him what's on her mind than hiding it from him but Martha congratulating him when she couldn't really made her feel uncomfortable.Georgie manages to say just the wrong thing.In a mirror of Aden and Nicole's storyline, by the end of the episode they seem to have sorted things out...and then Angelo chucks another curveball into the mix and Charlie's left looking uncertain again.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were Aden and Nicole intimate before Belle came along? :unsure: I really like them as a couple too, Charmed60 :) They are so cute sometimes. Although I was a bit surprised when Aden said 'don't you like a wet willy?' or something like that to Nicole. It obviously means something else in Australia :lol:

If memory serves me correctly; when Nicole first arrived her and Aden had a flirtation, I had to research it but in episode 4622 they kiss and then later on Aden makes a move on her and they start kissing but then he freaks out and she doesn't know why. This was before they knew about his grandfather's abuse. The wet willy is when you lick your finger and stick it into someone's ear I believe; well that's what it is over in the UK but it looks like the Aussie rules of it are sticking your tongue in someone's ear :lol:

Oh yes, I remember Aden freaking out now, so long ago. He's come such a long way from that abused kid he used to be.

As far as I know, willy means penis in Britain, so you can understand my surprise at Aden saying that :blink: Maybe slang has changed these days :lol:

Shockingly, that race riot apparently mirrored a real-life incident.Art imitating life, I guess.

Really? I didn’t know that.

I have to admit I found Alf’s reaction quite funny when Nicole was quizzing him about Aden. Perhaps Miles should back off a little bit. I recall Miles was in a difficult place not so long ago and is still recovering with the help of Rabbit. I’m jumping on the bandwagon that she’s imaginary now. I can’t imagine Alf totally blanking a kid twice, especially one that’s directly speaking to him. Biting her head off maybe but not totally ignoring her. If she is a figment of Miles imagination I hope they don’t keep her around. I did really like some of the dialogue from last week but it would grow quite tiresome if it was just those two and she didn’t integrate with any of the other characters (sorry Red Ranger).

I felt really awkward twice in that episode. The first time was during the whole Nicole/Liam/Aden thing. I actually liked the stuff with Nicole and Aden (when it was just them) but when Aden invited Liam to join them and he sat down with them it just didn’t feel right. I’m glad Nicole said she felt awkward about it. At least Aden and Liam aren’t at loggerheads.

Secondly when Charlie was with Angelo at the bar, she told Martha about his promotion and Martha said she was very happy for him again it just didn’t feel right. I knew the whole rescuing her from Derrick and Suzy thing was purposely to allow her to forgive him. I’m not saying she shouldn’t forgive him but to be happy for him and so quickly. I would have preferred a bit of awkwardness for a little while longer at least. It reminded me a bit of the whole Kane, Dani, Sutherlands thing. One of the things I actually liked about the storyline was the fact they didn’t forgive Kane straight away and even when they accepted him there was still tension. I know Angelo wasn’t forgiven straight away either but as far as Martha goes I still would have liked to have seen it dragged out some more. Just a bit. E.g. I thought the stuff with Watson was more plausible (I’ll refrain from using the term realistic because it has already been thrown completely out the window) i.e. asking Charlie what she sees in him (if my hearing was right). So although unlike before she’s prepared to work with him on a professional basis which is an improvement from when he first returned but still doesn't like him.

Again really liked the stuff with Martha and Liam. Even though Martha’s problems are worse I think she likes talking to Liam because when he starts using her as an agony aunt it helps her forget (momentarily at least) about the stuff she has to deal with. And they genuinely seem to enjoy each other’s company. I quite like them as friends at the moment so don’t want anything to happen anytime soon.

I recall Miles was in a difficult place not so long ago and is still recovering with the help of Rabbit. I’m jumping on the bandwagon that she’s imaginary now. I can’t imagine Alf totally blanking a kid twice, especially one that’s directly speaking to him. Biting her head off maybe but not totally ignoring her.

I have been thinking she is imaginary as well, no one else ever acknowledges her or looks in her direction :unsure: still if she helps Miles to get through his problems thats what really matters i guess.

It did seem to me more evidence that Rabbit isn't real, the fact that Alf ignored her twice, once when he was leaving and she was coming in and then on the sofa. He only responded when Miles said something. I may have missed something but when Miles and Rabbit were walking on the beach I'm sure he said something about her mother (I think it was 'your mother is odd too') who I don't think he has actually met.

Would that mean he does on some level know she isn't really there?

Loved the scene when Miles was doing the hovering and was nagging Alf to move his feet, stop dropping crumbs and leaving his fishing tackle on the sofa. :D Sounded like an old married couple which Alf said himself. I think Miles was right to have a go at him later, everyone else is tiptoeing around him, perhaps that is what he needed and he'll decide to go or stay. Miles had been in a much worse situation after he lost his wife and daughter.

I'm glad Nic and Aden finally talked about whether or not their relationship is moving too fast, it could have got very awkward between them. It must have been tricky for Liam to sit there with Aden and Nic, they (or rather Nic) was trying to include him, but he was just embarressed.

At least Charlie has confessed she is bothered about Angelo's promotion, but glad they have sorted it out. It does explain her overreaction at the paint sprayer, wonder what her problem is with moving in with Angelo? Yes, Red, it was Leah's place (where was she BTW?), I think it was just shot from a different angle.

When Mink revealed she had been 'away' as in an institution, that

it was her that killed her step father and this is what she tells Xavier later this week.

That would also explain her attitude to John, though not excuse it.

BTW, bit belated, but well done to the make up people for Geoff's realistic burn, it certainly made me wince when he took that dressing off, it looked so raw and tender.

Aha Charmed60, your secret teen drama habit is exposed! :lol:

I was thinking about Leah's house: has she been decorating? There definitely wasn't wildly painted flowers the last time I saw her wallpaper, it was plain beige, and also the furniture has changed. What have I missed?

Its funny that every time we've seen Changelo this week they've either been going to or from the bedroom :wub: As someone said, its nice to see that they are actually a couple and not just colleagues.

I wonder if Rabbit is suddenly going to say: I see dead people! :o

Nicole seems to be turning into Miss Neurotic Analyst. She obviously doesn't realise yet that if she analyses her relationship with Aden too much, she will put him off. I hope she doesn't start asking: 'what are you thinking?' or 'where is our relationship going?' :rolleyes: She should just be happy and go with it.

Martha and Liam are heading towards each other inexorably, I fear....

Am i the only one not loving Charlie and Angelo? :unsure: Apart from the awful acting by the pair of them, it makes no sense to me they'd be together after everything that's happened. 12 months ago she was desperate to lock him up and now all that's forgotten and he's been promoted. And her reaction to his promorion and suggestion they move in together doesn't exactly bode well for anything long term.

I quite like Rabbit and Miles. It's a little strange but i'm interested to see where they're going with this.

Anyways, todays episode :)

I loved the Martha/Rachel scene at the farm. It was nice to see them just hanging out seeing Rachel try to the gardening :lol: Don't think she was very impressed, haha, especially when she threw that plant or whatever it was at Tony :lol: Really nice touch to hear her talk about Leah, i love their friendship and it's a great pity we don't see more of it.

Liked the Tony/Aden chat. They never seem to interact so it was a bit strange he talked to him about something so personal but it worked.

I liked Nicole and Aden. I think they're cute together and it seems Aden is finally ready to move on. They've always had something between them, even before Belle and they work so much better i think. And nice to see Irene getting through to Alf :)

Archived