Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Hiya, I thought it was funny how quickly Geoff' shot off after a quick chat with the Rev. Even Irene looked a bit surprised and she's seen her fair share of people vanish! Did he sleep with Ruby? I have a horrible feeling they did but she started talking about illegal immigrants at the critical moment, hence him jacking it in and fleeing abroad to get away from her. Sad to see him go, I've only just started watching again but I liked him.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about Ruby and Xavier. No, Xavier, no! Don't get back with her, she is an energy sucking monster! He has just become nice, I don't want him to go back to being dopey and pointless. I even hope he gets together with Mink, rather than Ruby.

The trouble with humour and message boards is that we can't see your expression or hear your tone of voice [not just Red Ranger, everyone]. So its a good idea to use smileys to show when you are joking/ angry/ whatever.

John was appallingly rude to Tony last week. 'People like you' indeed! What did he mean, Tony is part of some group of no hopers or something? :angry:

Liam and Martha... hm... Liam is a bit confused by their relationship, isn't he? I don't suppose he a] has met someone even more casual than himself or b] gone out with a grown up woman before, so he is mystified. I see it ending in tears though. Perhaps in another universe when they weren't so muddled up with their various problems, it would work :huh:

Poor old Angelo, again! He's again trying to persuade Charlie to get serious with him and she is pushing him away.

Hiya, I thought it was funny how quickly Geoff' shot off after a quick chat with the Rev. Even Irene looked a bit surprised and she's seen her fair share of people vanish! Did he sleep with Ruby? I have a horrible feeling they did but she started talking about illegal immigrants at the critical moment, hence him jacking it in and fleeing abroad to get away from her. Sad to see him go, I've only just started watching again but I liked him.

Yes, Geoff and Ruby slept together in the 2009 finale week.As is often the case with them, hard to tell if they considered it worth a second go or not.I liked Geoff as well but hey, you get used to the high turnover on this show...

I did wince slightly when Martha said that her family always think they know what's best for her and they don't.Yes, Martha, you were quite right not listening to them when they suggested sleeping with a married man or a dodgy club owner who wanted to turn you into a pole dancer wasn't a very good idea...

Agree with you there Red, she does seem to leap into dodgy relationships and then declares her love pretty quick as well. Don't forget as well as Ash (the married cop), Cam the nightclub owner (who also tried to frame her for drugs) there was also Michael/Jonah who she said she loved, left town with him, came back and then dumped. Before all of them she also had a fling with Corey. Let's hope Liam doesn't get his hopes up and falls for her, he could end up being the one getting hurt.

Quite a restrained chat Alf had with Liam, very tactful, not his usual blundering in and operating mouth before engaging brain.

Was it just the once Ruby and Geoff sleep together, because if so she must be some kind of a jinx? She and Xavier slept together just the once then she dumped him, now she and Geoff have, but this time he, in effect, dumped her.

'People like you/them' seems to be a favourite phrase of John's, he used it about Hazem. Fingers crossed now the air has been cleared Tony and John can work together as long as they don't try to tell the other how to do what they know best. BTW there is a revalation later this week about John which shows him in a whole new light.

P.S. Love the new opening sequences BTW, those pinks and mauves are so restful, much better than last years which made my eyes go funny. :blink:

Has it really been six months since Charlie and Angelo got together :unsure:

They're driving me crazy. Angelo is pathetic and Charlie needs to figure out what she wants. If she truely loved him and wanted to be with him she'd have no qualms about moving in with him, there has to be a first time for everything and it's not like she's young or they've totally rushed things. :rolleyes: She doesn't seem to be giving him any valid reason as to why she doesn't want to live with him. They're setting them up to another on again/off again couple :rolleyes:

Has it really been six months since Charlie and Angelo got together :unsure:

They're driving me crazy. Angelo is pathetic and Charlie needs to figure out what she wants. If she truely loved him and wanted to be with him she'd have no qualms about moving in with him, there has to be a first time for everything and it's not like she's young or they've totally rushed things. :rolleyes: She doesn't seem to be giving him any valid reason as to why she doesn't want to live with him. They're setting them up to another on again/off again couple :rolleyes:

Why should she have to give him a reason? "Not ready yet" should be good enough. Have your morals sunk so low, KirstyEkua, that you expect every woman to move in with a man she is dating? Whatever happened to waiting until you got married? Name me one couple in Summer Bay that have. There's far too much moving in and out of places in H&A, Martha & Liam, Geoff & Ruby, to be healthy for a small town like Summer Bay. Good TV storeylines maybe, but what sort of example does it give to kids?

Why should she have to give him a reason? "Not ready yet" should be good enough. Have your morals sunk so low, KirstyEkua, that you expect every woman to move in with a man she is dating?

That was a bit unnecessarily rude wasn't it? A bit personal? I have to agree with Kirsty; Charlie told Angelo she doesn't think she'll ever be ready hence it's not just a time issue, it's a problem in the relationship. She's being unfair to him and keeps changing her mind. It's not like they don't spend every night together so what difference does it make? And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Angelo :lol:

Brian, I think your post to me was quite rude and offensive. You don't know me personally and i don't need a lecture on morals.

They're not acting like this is a causual relationship and seem pretty serious to me. It's natural Angelo would want to move forward and take the next logical step. I was simply pointing out that by saying she didn't think she'd ever to be ready to move in with him, well it doesn't exactly say a lot about their relationship.

And actually Tony and Rachel didn't live together officially until they were engaged.

Yes, Angelo and Charlie have been together six months.They were together when Aden and Belle got married and given that it's been six months since Belle died...I'm not really sure whose side I'm on here, if anyone.Frankly they both seem to be behaving in a schizophrenic fashion.If Charlie doesn't feel ready to move in with Angelo yet then that's perfectly fine and Angelo should be more understanding.On the other hand, if Charlie doesn't ever want to live together/get engaged/get married, then they are better off calling it quits now so he can find someone who does want a future with him.My personal feeling is that Angelo should stick in there for now and see what happens rather than issuing ultimatums, at least Charlie is being honest with him now which is an improvement on last week.Charlie and Ruby have their first scenes together this year:No mention of Charlie being kidnapped, no mention of Ruby being trapped in a burning building.On the plus side, their relationship does seem to be back to how it was before the maternity revelation, with Charlie getting into a fluster about relationships and Ruby being the more experienced one.

I have actually liked Ruby a lot more this last couple of episodes she's been in but I've been a bit hot and cold with her for a while.It is looking increasingly likely she and Xavier are going to get back together...or is it?I think he still likes her but with her, it seems more like a case of liking the fact that someone likes you even if you don't feel the same way.Mink...is trouble but she is starting to grow on me.Kind of like a fungus.Ironically, given whose face her fist ended up in not so long ago, the person she reminds me of most is John Palmer:Obnoxious and tactless but you get the occasional hint that there might actually be a human being in there somewhere.Not sure if she actually likes Xavier or not. She did clearly refer to her stepfather as Dad in this episode so I guess it was him she told Gina was dead.I'm sure it's figurative rather than literal, if he was Romeo's stepfather and she's the oldest it seems unlikely he'd be her father unless he left their mother and then came back.I'm wondering if maybe she was closer to him than Romeo which might be why she seems to be more bitter about what happened.

Regarding Geoff’s departure I’m not so sure he and Nicole weren’t still close. Ruby and Nicole developed a relationship off screen (How else do you explain them becoming pretty good mates when they were at loggerheads after Ruby first showed up?). Also when Kirsty lost her second baby the way Martha was with her at the hospital suggested that they were pretty close off screen and certainly developed some sort of friendship even though they were in hardly any scenes together. Nicole was Geoff’s first and although it was against his religion considering what they went through together on the Island (including the second time with Derrick) I find it hard to believe that he wouldn’t have told her he was going and wanted to say goodbye properly.

Like a previous comment I really wasn’t sure if certain parts of Monday’s episode were intentionally supposed to be funny. Liam’s awkwardness when he was helping Martha at farm made me laugh. I also found Charlie’s panic attack quite funny, when Colleen thought something was going on with Martha and Liam and again when John tried to clear the air with Tony in front of Gina. I don’t think he was deliberately trying to be unpleasant that seemed more like a bit of a wind up. I’m glad he cleared the air afterwards but I agree that it remains to be seen if anything will come from it. Quite liked Tony’s comment about having more to worry about than him if John was going out with Gina.

Good to see some stuff with Martha and Charlie. Apart from police business the last scene I can remember was them having it out about Angelo’s relationship but since Martha’s forgiven Angelo I guess there’s no reason to feel any animosity towards Charlie now.

I was a bit worried when Alf heard about Liam and he went round he was going to go in all guns blazing but he was quite diplomatic and just used understanding and reasoning to get his point across. I thought it was nice of Aden to allow Liam to leave any stuff he couldn’t bring over at Nicole’s. So at least there doesn’t appear to be any animosity between them either.

On Tuesday with Charlie and Angelo at first I found it funny then it just got a bit tiresome. It seemed a bit like tit for tat. Angelo seemed like Charlie was when she found out about his promotion.

I kind of agree about Ruby. She wasn’t anywhere near as bad as she was yesterday as she has been and the chat with Charlie reminded me of when she was giving her relationship advice about Roman. I’m glad in spite of everything Angelo didn’t think he was a bad person. It’s ironic because I remember during the conversation Ruby had with Charlie way back she wasn’t happy that Roman was neglecting Charlie and after the picnic Angelo arranged he was the one Charlie should be dating – According to Ruby.

Really not happy about the whole thing with Xavier. It seems like he’s got a reasonable chance of getting back with Ruby. I still don’t like Mink but I have to admit she did make me laugh firstly the dialogue with Romeo when he couldn’t believe she was jealous and she responded “The kid’s kind of growing on me”. Again I know she was rude but I found it quite funny when she butted in on Ruby and Xavier’s heart to heart. Anything that stops them from getting back together can’t be bad. I did wonder at one point if Xavier’s actually scared of Mink. I was actually starting to think Mink might be ok but when she climbed into Xavier’s room to obviously steal the money that reminded me of how selfish she is and how she can’t be trusted. That’ll teach Xavier to leave his Window open.

Archived