Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I liked the Gina/ Mink scenes. Everyone's going to say: how patronising, but so many mixed up teenagers like Mink just want someone to listen to them, approve of them and be encouraging. Been there, seen it, done it.

Ironic that Angelo called Romeo a teenager when they are more or less the same age in real life :lol:

Liam and Martha... hm... now there's a disaster waiting to happen. Marth seems to be losing her marbles, understandably, but Liam is not the right person to sort her out, he needs his own help. Not good.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seemed to me that Irene was a little upset that Annie hadn't come back to see her but because she was missing Romeo. Though hang on a moment wasn't she planning to go mountain climbing before Martha stuck her oar in, can't have been missing him that much then! :rolleyes: No mention if she has been to see Miles. Irene must have read my mind as she said the same thing I did on my last post about if she decides to stay to be with Romeo then they break up (doesn't matter who dumps who) she is going to regret not going back. Very true words that if he really is the one and he cares for her as much as he says he does he will wait.

It may just be me, but Martha wearing boots with that floaty dress didn't do it for me, it looked so odd. Can understand why Liam is so pissed off with her, one moment she is all over him then acts like nothing happened. Wouldn't blame if if he walked out.

Summer Bay's own time scale - Belle died as said six months ago (September?) and Annie was at the funeral, I think she left soon after, though it doesn't seem that long ago, anyone have any idea what episode she left?

Amusing those scenes between Angelo and Charlie, liked the line from Angelo about giving Columbo a run for his money when Charlie asked if he wanted her muffin as he had been eying it. Shame they didn't mention more about Ross other than that throw away line from Angelo. It would have ben good to hear how he is getting on.

Marilyn is back next week.

H&Alover, Annie left in episode 4968.

Alf's episode count this week:Five, for the fourth week running.

Some intriguing stuff between Miles and Elijah.His statement that he's not been in a relationship since he joined the church leaves me wondering how long he's been a minister and if there was some reason for him becoming one.Loved the little scene of him praying, it's nice to have a character with obvious religious beliefs who isn't stuffy about it.Liked the "girls' talk" scene between Leah and Rachel, it's amusing how it seems to take little prompting for them to turn into a couple of teenagers, especially when there's a man involved.Nice play on the "Can they see Rabbit or not?" plotline when Miles tells Elijah to ignore her and Elijah's response could be interpreted as him referring to Leah.Frankly, Miles seems to ignore Rabbit as much as everyone else when they're not alone, maybe she just has that effect on people.

Really wasn't happy about Tony having a go at Liam the way he did.I could see why he was doing it, trying to look out for Martha, but he basically stuck his nose into a situation he didn't know anything about and just assumed Liam was at fault.Even though Martha seems to recognise for the moment that she hasn't been behaving in a very fair manner, Liam possibly realised that she could easily change her mind again shortly.

Tony possibly took Miles' suggestion to give his heckler a taste of his own medicine a bit too literally but it seemed to work.One curious logic flaw:Tony could obviously start the DVD without the remote so why didn't Corey do that?Miles' comments about Corey and how he's just come there from Yabbee Creek seemed like a bit more depth than a one-shot character like that would normally get which leaves me wondering if we're going to see him again.Again it sounds like there's a bit of a history between Tony and Gina, I doubt if he was just thinking about their lemonade stand.

RR, from the figures I have already worked out, this equals Alf's start to 2002 when he appeared in all bar 1 of the first 35 episodes. Not got round to doing the other years yet. After 100 episodes of that year, Alf had appeared in just the 95 episodes.

I agree about the floaty dress and boots, H&ALover, it did look odd, wouldn't the boots make her feel hotter in the summer weather?

I am actually feeling sorry for Liam. He doesn't know what is going on with him and Martha. And it was not only unfair of Tony to have a go at him, but unprofessional. It was Tony's first day as a teacher and he went and argued with another teacher in a corridor where students could overhear.

I dont know what it is but i have got off Tony I think his just gone really sumg and I didn't really rate his teaching he acted like he didn't want to be there

I agree with Liam about Mathra she is messing him about and seems shocked when he tells her to stop it I just think she a tart to be honest and she doesnt care about Liam or even Hugo seems to have forgot about him

I was looking forward to this Leah storyline with Eligiah but after I read a spoiler about it not botered anymore The best storyline at monment is the Miles/ Rabbit

Im thrilled Tony is back teaching :D Although a little confused as to why a PE teacher would teach Sex Education but oh well, i like the change in jobs. Didn't really like his method with dealing with Corey but it worked and i guess it'll take him a while to get back to it. Enjoyed the Leah/Rachel interaction, it's been so lacking lately!!

I don't think she was being snobby at all towards Tony, she clearly said she didn't want him doing something he hated just for the sake of it - and she's right because that would have been pointless and only made him feel more miserable. I'm glad the gym story seems to be over - i think Tony's been very pathetic at times and Rachel's been a little moody with him - but i guess that's part of married life and i'm glad they're being realistic about things.

And seeing Rachel/Tony doing normal every day stuff with Harry was lovely and loved all the affection towards each other today - nice to see a couple actually happy! :lol::wub:

H&Alover, Annie left in episode 4968.

Nice play on the "Can they see Rabbit or not?" plotline when Miles tells Elijah to ignore her and Elijah's response could be interpreted as him referring to Leah.

Really wasn't happy about Tony having a go at Liam the way he did.I could see why he was doing it, trying to look out for Martha, but he basically stuck his nose into a situation he didn't know anything about and just assumed Liam was at fault.

Tony possibly took Miles' suggestion to give his heckler a taste of his own medicine a bit too literally but it seemed to work.One curious logic flaw:Tony could obviously start the DVD without the remote so why didn't Corey do that?Miles' comments about Corey and how he's just come there from Yabbee Creek seemed like a bit more depth than a one-shot character like that would normally get which leaves me wondering if we're going to see him again.

Thanks for that Red, that made it October she left.

I took it as meaning Elijah was going to ignore Leah. I liked his 'talk' with God as well. So what is this secret that he hasn't told anyone about and that it concerns Leah? Bet your bottom (Australian) dollar we won't find out tomorrow. The voice over lady echoed my thoughts exactly - 'what, what!'

Tony did rather jump to conclusions regarding Liam, perhaps he was basing it on his previous history.

Perhaps Corey is so used to just using a remote he hasn't a clue as how to operate a TV. Does this mean Summer Bay High have another problem pupil :rolleyes: How come they get them all anyway?

Further to

Marilyn's

return, she also picks up an injured man who turns out to be

Justin Jefferies

! Is the start of the story line where

Aden leaves.

?

I also wanted to say: how quickly did Tony get that job???? He talked to Gina about it, then within a week he'd started teaching! I don't think teaching jobs normally go through that quickly, wouldn't he have had an interview, teach a class as a demonstration, references taken up etc?

The wonders of soapland :lol:

I also wanted to say: how quickly did Tony get that job???? He talked to Gina about it, then within a week he'd started teaching! I don't think teaching jobs normally go through that quickly, wouldn't he have had an interview, teach a class as a demonstration, references taken up etc?

The wonders of soapland :lol:

I think I heard him tell Rachel it was fast tracked by Gina and he would have had references from when he last taught at SMH. As for an interview, perhaps he had it off screen?

Archived