Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I thought Gina got her job too quickly as well.

Anyway loved all the scenes with Leah and Charlie. I think these two work really well as friends and are very believable too. Miles was good yet again and I’m quite enjoying the man to man chats with Elijah. It kind of reminds me of the old Roman/Miles friendship. I loved the way he put his foot in it yet again with Angelo and how Angelo was saying Miles should do one thing and Alf was saying he should do the other about Leah and Elijah. I’m glad he actually decided to set them up on a date. Also quite liked it when Angelo came round and offered to get Charlie to help and Miles made a remark about having two police offers that would argue. I’m glad Martha spoke to Alf about the situation with Liam and has now seen that she was being unfair blowing hot and cold. I actually quite like these two as friends as well and now actually wouldn’t mind something more. I’m totally stumped about Rabbit now. Initially I went along with the general consensus that she's a figment of Miles’s imagination and there were quite a few things pointing to this fact but after locking Elijah and Leah in the caravan now I just don’t know. :unsure:

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m totally stumped about Rabbit now. Initially I went along with the general consensus that she's a figment of Miles’s imagination and there were quite a few things pointing to this fact but after locking Elijah and Leah in the caravan now I just don’t know. :unsure:

Yeah I don't get this either. :unsure: How the hell can she have locked them in if she's pretendy?

Starting to get a bit bored of the Rabbit storyline now mind. It doesn't really seem to be heading anywhere.

RR, from the figures I have already worked out, this equals Alf's start to 2002 when he appeared in all bar 1 of the first 35 episodes. Not got round to doing the other years yet. After 100 episodes of that year, Alf had appeared in just the 95 episodes.

2002?At first I thought that seemed logical until I realised that was the year in between the two Alf-centric cliffhangers.Guess he was just doing the same as he is now.Keep an eye on the first 100 episodes.

Surprising amount going on in that episode given that there was a typically small cast.Loved Angelo suddenly piping up while Miles blurts out Leah and Elijah's secrets in a public place.VJ appears for the first time this year and provides a brilliant commentary on Charlie and Angelo's weird relationship. Loved Alf excusing himself when Elijah turns up at the house.Not surprisingly, we don't find out the secret that Elijah's been keeping.

Liam and Martha pop up and may or may not have sorted out their differences.It feels as though they've got over this hurdle but again Martha seems a bit quick to say she doesn't need to grieve any more over Hugo, which leaves me thinking there's still a lot of unresolved issues.Not sure if they decided to just be friends or not.Summer Bay High once again seems to have no security whatsoever since Martha just walks in there.They'd never pass Ofsted.

And Rabbit.Again, she comes as close to appearing in a puff of smoke as she's going to get since there's no sign of her until Miles is alone.I've never been entirely sold on the "figment of Miles' imagination" thing, it just doesn't make any sense in the context of her visions.Assuming Miles didn't have time to come back from the surf club and lock the door himself and he was standing just out of shot at the end, Rabbit must have some sort of physical presence in order to lock Leah and Elijah in the caravan.So either she's a normal...psychic girl or she's an actual ghost.I've decided to just accept that we don't know and wait patiently for the explanation.Advantage of being able to hold more than one opinion at the same time.

I still think Rabbit could be Miles's daughter, now older and visiting him from beyond the grave. Amber, was her name? Poor little girl.

I wonder if Elijah's secret is

he knows that one of Leah's ex husbands is still alive and that is why he can't have a relationship with her. I would guess Dan is the one, his death was mysterious and he's the latest of Leah's husbands

I don't think Martha and Liam will sort it out.

I also liked Angelo and Alf giving Miles conflicting advice :lol: Alf was right though: Miles shouldn't have been talking loudly like that in public. It amazes me how characters do that in soaps: talking about personal issues in a public place :rolleyes:

I like the scenes with Charlie and Leah, they are good friends. We didn't see any for ages, its about time.

I’m totally stumped about Rabbit now. Initially I went along with the general consensus that she's a figment of Miles’s imagination and there were quite a few things pointing to this fact but after locking Elijah and Leah in the caravan now I just don’t know. :unsure:

Yeah I don't get this either. :unsure: How the hell can she have locked them in if she's pretendy?

And Rabbit.Again, she comes as close to appearing in a puff of smoke as she's going to get since there's no sign of her until Miles is alone.I've never been entirely sold on the "figment of Miles' imagination" thing, it just doesn't make any sense in the context of her visions.Assuming Miles didn't have time to come back from the surf club and lock the door himself and he was standing just out of shot at the end, Rabbit must have some sort of physical presence in order to lock Leah and Elijah in the caravan.So either she's a normal...psychic girl or she's an actual ghost.I've decided to just accept that we don't know and wait patiently for the explanation.Advantage of being able to hold more than one opinion at the same time.

Glad I'm not the only one who was confused about that! :unsure: Is she a figment of our imagination too? It also occured to me we didn't know the time scale with Elijah and Leah turning up at the caravan park and Miles being at the surf club. On that point did Miles actually get a call from 'Alf', surely she couldn't impersonate Alf's voice, could she? If she is real did Miles give her the key to the caravan? Whatever people say about this particular storyline, love it or hate, it certainly is keeping our brains active!

I have read what the secret Elijah knows, :wink: but we won't find out until next week!! Not doing our nerves much good. You are on the right track though Miranda.

Hope, yet again, that now Martha has spoken to Alf her and Liam can have a proper friendship without her wanting to jump on him every five minutes.

I liked Charlie and Leah's talk as well, with VJ chipping in, with all the innocence of a child his age, wanting to know how can it not be simple. Good that she has finally agreed to see a counsellor, hope she goes through with it and doesn't chicken out. I can understand in a way why she panicked when Angelo wanted to take her dinner, perhaps lunch may have been a better idea, dinner seems more intimate.

So...by the start of the episode, both Miles and Alf have had time to get back to the house.Which means Miles could have locked the caravan himself and we just saw Rabbit.Rabbit only told Miles about the phone call from Alf, he didn't actually speak to him.Miranda, I do think it's possible that Rabbit is Miles' daughter grown up.Alf definitely seemed to think Miles was talking to him when he told Rabbit to shut up, so I'd say it's now 99% certain that only Miles can see her, for whatever reason. Without meaning to be unsympathetic, Leah seemed like a bit of a drama queen with her reaction to knowing Miles told Elijah she liked him.I understand she's still a bit fragile but it's surely not a complete disaster?

Annie...I can't really put my finger on it.I liked her in the first Diner scene with Irene and she even seemed to have a bit of spark about her in her first scene with Romeo.But the rest of the time, while I wouldn't exactly call her a "horrible manipulative person", it does sadly seem as though they're just carrying on in the same vein as they were before she left, writing her as a bland teenage girl who only looks like Annie.Similarly, Romeo seems to have lost his spark and become even more insecure than she is.Looking at it objectively, I think that having made a play for her once only to have her leave town, he's reluctant to put himself out there again knowing she could just turn around and leave in a few weeks.

Aden and Nicole's spat was mildly interesting, it's true that for someone who seems to be keen for Nicole to make the most of her opportunities, Aden seems quite happy drifting between dead end jobs, although I was a bit disappointed she lost her temper because up till then I was enjoying the banter. How many people call an employee on their mobile to ask them to bring a cup of coffee?The ones who they can't afford the appearance fee for, I guess...

After they got round the initial awkwardness I quite liked the chat with Elijah and Leah. I do agree with a previous point made that there is no chemistry though. I’m not sure whether Leah was being a bit of a drama queen. I do think she was more annoyed that Miles couldn’t keep his mouth shut although I do take to point about her appearing seemingly distraught afterwards. It’s not like it’s the end of the world. When Miles told her he accidentally let slip, I was hoping he would tell her the feeling was partially reciprocated. How many times has he put his foot in it lately? Once more isn’t going to really make any difference. And it would probably make Leah feel better too.

Not particularly interested in Romeo and Annie and part of me just wants them hook up so we don’t have to be subjected to the flirting, teasing, will they/won’t they etc.

lf definitely seemed to think Miles was talking to him when he told Rabbit to shut up, so I'd say it's now 99% certain that only Miles can see her, for whatever reason.

I suppose that does rather confirm that Rabbit isn't real, before any remarks Miles made to her could be also be said to be addressed to whomever was around at the time. Was there any significance to the drawing he did of her and will we see it again?

I think Leah more was embarrassed than anything else that Mile had told Elijah she had feelings for him, while she was pretending to him she just wanted to be friends all was O.K., but now she is going to feel very awkward when she sees him.

Does look like Romeo was right about Nicole being a goffer for Britt. Do think she was unkind when she said to Aden he had no ambition. Rather sweet of him to go and get that copy of Vogue for her. :wub:

Didn't really have Romeo down as the sort who would have to take time off school just because his sister had left town, his lame excuse he had a cold wasn't very convincing. :rolleyes:

Annie certainly has become a flirt, is that something she learnt in Japan? No wonder Irene acted surprised. It's going to make the school play very interesting. :wink:

Archived