Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Come to that how did Hugo know where to look for them? :unsure:

So did the police question Tony and then just let him go or has he got to go into the station and as for the others it appears they all went home, just like that - no mention of Angelo and Charlie or any other police. That puzzled me as well Red (just you and me again by the looks of it) about Gina going home by herself, for all any of them knew 'Killer' wasn't alone.

From what Tony and Hugo said, I think they heard a noise from over where Xavier and the others were.(Although I didn't hear anything.)I think either Charlie or Angelo said something like "Tony and the others insist Hugo wasn't there", so they must have taken preliminary statements at the very least, maybe they went round the following day to give full statements.(Presumably 'Killer' received some sort of medical treatment for the bang on the head so possibly more time elapsed than it seemed.)

Again, nice to get a more light-hearted episode after all the drama.It's hard not to admire John just a bit, copping off with Gina while he's got Jill in the next room, although he did eventually remember he was meant to be getting rid of her.I was surprised that Gina told John all about the kidnap after saying they should tell no-one last episode.So that makes eight Summer Bay residents who know where Hugo's hiding.And, despite the whole "Let's be glad we're all alive and together" party, it seems Gina was planning to spend the night with John and then went and slept at her place, probably on her own.When Jill started drinking, I thought she was going to end up bursting in on them at some point.Guess John's now in a situation where he can't say anything to Gina without it all blowing up in his face...but you can guarantee it's going to come out eventually.

Leah and Elijah again work better when they've got the comedy stuff, I'm really looking forward to meeting his mother after the build up they've given her.(Loved him looking upwards and saying "That was a joke" after contemplating drowning her.)The Alf/Colleen/Marilyn thing finally caught my interest as well after being a bit dull for the last couple of weeks.Not sure it was wise for Irene to tell Colleen what was going on, might have made more sense to tell Alf the joke had gone far enough.But when you've got Alf being grumpy and Marilyn quietly losing it, it's comedy gold.

Quite liked the part for Irene in the Jill storyline, it's a much better way to make use of her alcoholic past than the "brief relapse and then back to normal" plot from last year, showing she has genuine insight into what's facing her.

Um, just read the bad news about the HA returnees.Not the fact that they're coming back, the fact that one of them's a fake.Other than that, I'm looking forward to it.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what Tony and Hugo said, I think they heard a noise from over where Xavier and the others were.(Although I didn't hear anything.)

Thanks for that Red, BTW welcome to the debate Miranda and Wopunga.

It was quite amusing seeing John with Gina There she was pouring her heart out (and yes yet another person knows the 'secret' about Hugo). The way he kept looking at the spare room (noticed he had sat Gina so her back was towards it), obviously expecting Jill to burst out any moment. :D Luckily for him she had decided to get drunk and passed out. I did feel for Gina there she was expecting to get some 'comfort' from John and got sent home! Though I could see it from John's point of view, it would have been awful to have spent the night with Gina and all the while waiting for Jill to bring them a cup of tea. :wink:

I'm not sure if either John or Jill mentioned to Romeo where she had spent the night or he had just assumed it, all John said was they had had dinner and coffee. Could it be him that lets slip to Gina where Jill had been?

Liked the talk between Romeo and Irene (about time she had more to do than dish up food). Was puzzled that she only talked about the time she had hit Annie when she was on the grog (which was only a short time) and didn't mention she had been an alcoholic for long before that. Not sure how helpful her tirade at Jill is going to be, people must have had said the very same things to her when she was first on the booze?

Colleen getting her revenge on Alf and Marilyn was very funny, it's going to be good to see how they (or rather Marilyn) gets out of it. Alf already wants to finish it, it's Marilyn who wants to keep it going.

It tickled me seeing a big bloke like Elijah being terrified of his mum, can't wait to see her. I have an image of her being quite a small lady who looks like butter wouldn't melt, but from Elijah's stories obviously isn't. Their respective stories seemed to on the lines of 'my mum is scarier than your mum'. I think I have said before the mums will either hate each other or get on a like a house on fire, swapping their own stories about their offspring.

Seemed to be an awful lot of plotlines running around and intertwining so it's hard to know where to start.Firstly, Alf finally pointing out to Martha that they're still in danger was a relief after the denial everyone else seems to be in.(And I guess since Liam knows the basics the kidnapping is now common knowledge.)Hugo's plan is of course still fatally flawed:His supposed reason for not turning himself in was because if he was out of reach the people after him would hurt his family instead but aren't they just as likely to do that if he flees the country?No-one seems to have clocked that one, aside from Xavier a few weeks ago.Liam got some good advice from Martha but seems to have slipped back into woeful naivety if he thinks he can carry on spending time with Ruby while she's having fantasies about him without it all blowing up.He also seemed to be under the impression Martha broke up with him, rather than him ending it and her practically begging him to stay.(Or does he mean she subconsciously knew she didn't really want him so acted like a crazy woman to drive him away?)Not sure about Martha signing the farm over to Alf, what does she expect him to do with it?

You've got to love Miles.After Irene's attempt at an intervention seems to have failed, he manages to cut through Jill's self-pity and give her a nudge in the right direction and all without dropping the eccentric uncle act once.Nice little bit between Romeo and Liam as well, although I was surprised more wasn't made of the fact that Liam knows what it's like to fight an addiction.

Guess we're not going to see Elijah's house after all, given that he and his "parents" are going to be staying with Leah, another character who ignores good advice and summons up a hurricane.Where the hell are they all going to stay?!VJ in with Leah and Elijah and Elijah's "parents" having his room? Or are they going to turf Charlie out for the fortnight?After a couple of dull weeks, they've actually served up a decent ending for the Alf/Colleen/Marilyn plotline.And actually, maybe Marilyn's plan has worked after all, even if it wasn't in the way she expected.Whilst Colleen clearly enjoyed watching her squirm(and maybe Alf did so), she was a lot less snide towards her than she has been.

Thanks for that Red, BTW welcome to the debate Miranda and Wopunga.

I thought Alf seemed to take the news of Martha and everyone nearly dying quite well (I assume that she told him everything) I would have thought he'd have been a bit more shocked. Then again she did tell him in the middle of Surf Club. Nice and quiet for such an in-depth conversation :rolleyes:

As a newbie to H&A it's nice to be getting some new info about characters with Irene's alcoholism, glad the writers are using it to help Jill. I really hope she sorts herself out if Romeo really has had such a rough year. I only came into the show about the time Mink joined so no idea what's been happening. I enjoyed the ending of the fake marriage storyline, although Colleen has annoyed me, she was great today, loved her line about being Smart before being a Stewart. :lol:

Slightly tired of Elijah moaning about his parents, surely they can't be that bad to get such a reaction when he found out Leah had reinvited them. They're not going to live up to expectations now are they?

I'm not really sure what Irene meant about Romeo going through hell this last year.For a start, she's only known him about eight months.And nothing's really happened to him in that time apart from him being visited by his sister and dating Annie for a bit and her leaving.(Okay, there was the drug overdose but no-one knows about that.)

Two biggest questions in Home and Away(maybe):What time does the Diner close and when do lessons start at the high school?Yesterday, they were still open when people had gone to bed(as they were a few weeks ago)and here everyone seemed to be at the Diner or the surf club, several people had walked from the caravan park to the surf club and back, yet Romeo still hasn't gone to school.

Two biggest questions in Home and Away(maybe):What time does the Diner close and when do lessons start at the high school?Yesterday, they were still open when people had gone to bed(as they were a few weeks ago)and here everyone seemed to be at the Diner or the surf club, several people had walked from the caravan park to the surf club and back, yet Romeo still hasn't gone to school.

Why so many questions Red? It's only a soap after all. Sit back and enjoy it.

Why so many questions Red? It's only a soap after all. Sit back and enjoy it.

Well, for some of us asking questions is how we sit back and enjoy it.It's more a kind of gentle mocking than a deep-rooted psychosis.

Seemed to be an awful lot of plotlines running around and intertwining so it's hard to know where to start.Firstly, Alf finally pointing out to Martha that they're still in danger was a relief after the denial everyone else seems to be in.(And I guess since Liam knows the basics the kidnapping is now common knowledge.)Hugo's plan is of course still fatally flawed:His supposed reason for not turning himself in was because if he was out of reach the people after him would hurt his family instead but aren't they just as likely to do that if he flees the country?No-one seems to have clocked that one, aside from Xavier a few weeks ago.Liam got some good advice from Martha but seems to have slipped back into woeful naivety if he thinks he can carry on spending time with Ruby while she's having fantasies about him without it all blowing up.He also seemed to be under the impression Martha broke up with him, rather than him ending it and her practically begging him to stay.(Or does he mean she subconsciously knew she didn't really want him so acted like a crazy woman to drive him away?)Not sure about Martha signing the farm over to Alf, what does she expect him to do with it?

You've got to love Miles.After Irene's attempt at an intervention seems to have failed, he manages to cut through Jill's self-pity and give her a nudge in the right direction and all without dropping the eccentric uncle act once.Nice little bit between Romeo and Liam as well, although I was surprised more wasn't made of the fact that Liam knows what it's like to fight an addiction.

Guess we're not going to see Elijah's house after all, given that he and his "parents" are going to be staying with Leah, another character who ignores good advice and summons up a hurricane.Where the hell are they all going to stay?!VJ in with Leah and Elijah and Elijah's "parents" having his room? Or are they going to turf Charlie out for the fortnight?After a couple of dull weeks, they've actually served up a decent ending for the Alf/Colleen/Marilyn plotline.And actually, maybe Marilyn's plan has worked after all, even if it wasn't in the way she expected.Whilst Colleen clearly enjoyed watching her squirm(and maybe Alf did so), she was a lot less snide towards her than she has been.

In no particular order.

Miles' few words to Jill did seem to do the trick more than Irene's tirade (see my last post). She (Jill) has now taken the first step to getting help, though IMO it should be for herself rather than for Romeo or anyone else for that matter.

I also like that talk between Liam and Romeo (I'm assuming Romeo may have already known about Liam's problems seeing he used to be a rock star and it would have been in the press). Liam suddenly seems to have become an unofficial agony uncle for the young in the bay. Though as you said Red, he doesn't seem to be taking Martha's advice about Ruby.

As in most soaps it seems any legal transactions are sorted out just like that. Would it really be that easy to arrange a handover of a property? I suppose if Martha wants to leave the bay asap it's more convenient for Alf to handle any sales than her having to hang around waiting for any prospective buyers.

Though seeing as the Walkers return next week and buy it, it's not going to take that long after all.

Meant to mention yesterday loved that blouse Marilyn was wearing on Wednesday. Colleen played a blinder by winding up Marilyn. Her quite little "I know" was brilliant and so understated for Colleen. Although I can't see them ever becoming bosom buddies, there can now be a truce of some sorts.

I'm guessing the church will put Elijah somewhere (unless he stays at the caravan park), given what we have heard about Elijah's mum I don't think it would sit too well with her Elijah staying with Leah as well. Seems Leah also lives in a Tardis as as most soap folk do. When Ruby was staying there she had her own room as does Charlie, Leah has got hers and VJ must have a room so that is four. As Ruby is now staying at Irene's it does leave one spare room (if my calculations are right). Leah could sleep in Ruby's old room and Elijah's mum and 'dad' could have hers. Leah was back to her old self sticking her nose in when we all know that doesn't always work out well. Although it's true she knows what a domineering mother can be (being Greek as she said) like it's not like having your own mum there. You can tell her to shut up and butt out, but when it's someone else's it's a different matter.

On the subject of the Walkers returning, will he be running the farm as a business?

One the newbies certainly looks interesting. Something to do the riot and an old grudge against someone. Could that someone be John?

Archived