Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I thought it was rather a clever way of getting the things going on in the bay across. Not sure about Alf and Colleen knowing who he was if he had been in the bay when he was young, say 30 odd years ago, unless you were referring to his first name Red? I think he threw the letter away at the end because his dad is actually dead, what gave it away to me was the line 'when we meet again'. He must be stronger than he looks to knock down Elijah in that way. The everything seems nice but isn't comment was I think a reference to what Alf was saying on that TV programme he was watching. He must have a game plan for all these sudden acts of charity.

So Tony and Rachel agreed not to talk boxing at home, fair enough, but then she goes and moves the goal posts and now he can't talk about it outside (which even Gina commented on)! :angry: I would have thought she would have been relieved they are going to be wearing the proper equipment, but no she has to have a sulk.

At least Charlie and Angelo have got themselves sorted out for now, obviously the police car doesn't have an alarm or it would have gone off when Penn broke the window.

So Elijah left the letter lying around so what, there wasn't any need for Leah to go off on one, let's hope he thinks before he sends the letter off.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is Penn up to? How did he knock a big bloke like Elijah over? Why did he set fire to the police car? He just seems to do random things all the time.

I am starting to wonder if his 'father' is the Devil and he is a demon :unsure: It would explain his difficulty with Elijah and knocking him over. Maybe he's been 'sent' to see what people are like in the Bay, then punish them.

All very weird :huh:

I did love one of the lines Leah said to Elijah during the argument, I can't recall what it was right now but did make me chuckle.

I did like the bnarration aspect from Penn,as it was different, but how pointless it was conidering we know nothing more and then he goes and throws the letter in the bin. It may aswell of been one of those episodes you get in a series which you would consider filler. I just wanna know the deal with Penn now, because by the end of it, it will only disappoint more than likely. Look at last year, could of been something far better. Don't get me wrong there was lots I did like, but where things went just ruined it as a whole. Oops going a bit off topic, lol.

Rachel and Tony's disagreement has been going on for over a month, and has got to be one of the worse storylines for them so far, and it's there last. And there I was loving earlier episodes of the week, with the likes of Sid and Marilyn and then we end up with the garbage that is Angelo/Charlie, Leah/Elijah and Rachel/Tony. I love all of them as characters but what they are involved in storyline wise at the moment I couldn't give a crap.

Another Alf fan :-)

Alf's episode count this week:Five, for the fourth week running.Forgot to say that earlier...

No signs yet of Marilyns terminal illness although I think it might be affecting her behavior, e.g. the way she carries a joke is bordering on vindictiveness. I'm talking about Mr Oddly and Alf. Alf took it upon himself to offer her a room in Miles's house and just because he has a phobia about dolls she decides to freak him out. It was funny the first time but she should get over it now, I don't think she's not as bubbly and smiley as she likes to portray. As for Sid given the choice between Marilyn and Veronica I guess you'd know who I'd choose lol.

I think Penn is H&A's latest supernatural person, they're going for the Heros' touch :-)

How long is Tony going to put up with Rachels attitude to boxing it's not like she's had a bad experience of boxing, another relationship that's looking shakey.

I am really getting sick of the terrible writing when it comes to Tony and Rachel. :angry: She was happy to talk to Tony about his boxing classes tonight and was supportive and happy for him; yet just a few hours previously she left the diner because of it. And now suddenly she's bored of her job and that's why she's been so down lately? It's not that hard to believe she'd be a litttle fed up; i'm pretty sure doing lots of paperwork is not satisfying for her but it would have been nice to have a little build up on it.

I did love the Lady Godiva story and Tony's 'you've seen my wife naked?' was funny :lol: I loved how embarrased she got and just hid in Tony's shoulder. I could imagine her being a little wild in her Uni days :lol: I'm not sure about Daniel though, i think he seemed pretty arrogant and didn't like how he implied she had settled just becasue she was married with a baby. The job offer is an amazing opportunity for the 3 of them though. :)

I did actually quite like the writing of Tony and Rachel today but I agree the shift from Friday was very abrupt.Maybe it's because I haven't really liked the way Rachel's been behaving recently so I'm just grateful that she's got past it.Maybe there was a conversation we didn't see.Daniel's appearance does leave me wondering if all Rachel's old friends apart from Leah are slightly cheesy male doctors who seem to fancy her.Is it me or did Tony seem to keep shortening his name when no-one else did? It's kind of ironic that just as Tony's happy with his life and has found something he loves doing, Rachel's feeling disenchanted enough to possibly consider Daniel's offer.It'll be hard for him to just abandon his boxing students.(And ironically, I think the only thing he could do would be to get John to take them over...)It does seem as though, if Rachel's suddenly been promoted to head of department, that might not have been the best move for her and she could actually do with dropping back a grade so she's got more involvement with patients and less admin.The adventure of going to Boston aside, Daniel's offer could leave her with the same problem.

The stuff with Mr.Oddly is getting a bit weird.It seems to have gone from everyone being in on getting at Alf to everyone getting at each other.I suspect that Alf's behind leaving him under Romeo's blanket and at the school and he's trying to drive them all mad by letting them think the others are out to get them.Curiously he doesn't actually seem that bothered around Oddly now.Maybe he's actually getting used to him.

Finding it increasingly hard to care about Leah and Elijah, they are really coming across as basically incompatible and ironically making Lijuan's reverse psychology about Elijah not being husband material seem true.Again they were better in scenes with other people, we got another nice Leah/ Tony/Rachel scene and the stuff with Miles and Elijah was good, Miles' questioning him as Leah was pretty spot on.

I think Elijah is acting really strangely and as if he's running away from something. He seemed to be running away from his career as 'action man' by taking up the post as reverend of Summer Bay. But now he seems to be running away from settling down with Leah. Surely at his age he should have got over that?

Archived