Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Looks like that's the end of Elijah then.I liked him as a character so I'll kind of miss him for that but I was never a big fan of him and Leah so I'm not disappointed that there's no wedding.The last scene between him and Leah worked really well, just two people quietly realising that they're too different for it to work.And he had a nice final moment with Miles(man hug alert!).But my biggest thought: When did VJ become such a sweetie?I was expecting him to sulk or throw a tantrum about Elijah leaving, frankly he'd have every right to do so.But instead he was really supportive of Leah and almost seemed to put aside the fact he was upset too.

And Dexter said that all Indigo's friends fancied their parents.Now he's apparently keen on their father's girlfriend.Actually, I'm quite glad that they're giving him something to do other than hang around making sarcastic and occasionally inappropriate comments, he was starting to seem like a bit of a one-trick wonder.Even if I'm not entirely sold on him liking Marilyn, okay, she's still pretty good-looking but she must be more than twice his age.Have to say also that the new location for the school looks too different to the old one, it's almost like they've moved the school brick by brick down the road without telling anyone.

Confession:I was clearly talking utter nonsense last week when I said that Tuesday always has a big cast because...it didn't.(Actually, with only two episodes to go, half the cast haven't appeared yet so I guess they're all going to have a busy end to the week.)

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I knew it wouldn't last between Leah and Elijah, hopefully she'll find someone more suitable, she's had enough slippery people in her life, even Vinnie was flakey at times.

Dexter is obviously gay otherwise he wouldn't have fixated on Marilyn lol.

Looks like that's the end of Elijah then.I liked him as a character so I'll kind of miss him for that but I was never a big fan of him and Leah so I'm not disappointed that there's no wedding.The last scene between him and Leah worked really well, just two people quietly realising that they're too different for it to work.And he had a nice final moment with Miles(man hug alert!).But my biggest thought: When did VJ become such a sweetie?I was expecting him to sulk or throw a tantrum about Elijah leaving, frankly he'd have every right to do so.But instead he was really supportive of Leah and almost seemed to put aside the fact he was upset too.

And Dexter said that all Indigo's friends fancied their parents.Now he's apparently keen on their father's girlfriend.Actually, I'm quite glad that they're giving him something to do other than hang around making sarcastic and occasionally inappropriate comments, he was starting to seem like a bit of a one-trick wonder.Even if I'm not entirely sold on him liking Marilyn, okay, she's still pretty good-looking but she must be more than twice his age.Have to say also that the new location for the school looks too different to the old one, it's almost like they've moved the school brick by brick down the road without telling anyone.

Confession:I was clearly talking utter nonsense last week when I said that Tuesday always has a big cast because...it didn't.(Actually, with only two episodes to go, half the cast haven't appeared yet so I guess they're all going to have a busy end to the week.)

Ok the whole Leah/Elijah thing has annoyed me a little. I was never a fan of them as a couple and never thought they worked BUT Elijah was ok as a character and I liked his friendship with Miles. To have him suddenly rush off though (as someone else said why do people always leave for overseas that night or the next morning?!?) after such a drawn out storyline is mildly irritating. All the stuff about Vinnie's death, and Elijah's parents, all seems rather pointless now it over just like that *clicks fingers*. I think I'd rather some extra had just strolled into town one day, told Leah about Vinnie then left than have all this build up then Leah left on her own once again. I did think her scene with VJ was very touching though.

Dex/Marilyn. Meh, I appreciate there are differences but I'm so over the younger/older crush idea. Has anything else been happening? Oh yes, Penn's still kicking about. That storyline really needs to move on a little as I'm fast losing interest.

So glad Leah didn't do what a lot of adults do and just fob VJ off and told him the truth about what had happened between her and Elijah. Shame on him though for not saying a proper goodbye to VJ. :angry: That was so sweet but sad when VJ comforted Leah, he has behaved very well about the whole thing though he must be upset about his new 'dad' suddenly disappearing on him. :crying: Agree about the abrupt departure, he'd only decided that morning and what about inoculations, visas etc? Talking about man hugs why when men do that they always have to slap each other on the back? Very dignified and touching goodbye between Leah and Elijah. :wub:

I can almost predict what is going to happen between Marilyn and Dex, she is going to visit them at the farm, actually get on with Indi and at sometime Dex is going to make a play for her which will put Marilyn in a difficult position how to let Dex down gently and whether or not to tell Sid. Please note that is only my humble opinion, I haven't got any prior knowledge of what is going to actually happen. Strange thing for Dex to put on the card 'it's not Sid', does he mean for her to make a connection? It seems all of a sudden we are seeing a part of the hospital grounds we have never seen before, all we used to get was a photo of the front of it.

Sorry Miranda about saying your suggestion was on Oz thread, reminder to self, must remember where I read posts. :blush:

Still no mention of Charlie's burnt out cop car, what are they at?

Not to fret alreetlike only two more days to go then you can relax for a while. :D

Sorry Miranda about saying your suggestion was on Oz thread, reminder to self, must remember where I read posts. :blush:

Yes, how very dare you, I'm fuming LOL LOL!

I'm also fed up with the younger man/ older woman storyline.... yawn.... I still thinks its cos Dex misses his mum and has got confused.

Still annoyed with Elijah, and all the men/dads who have deserted VJ. When will Leah find a suitable husband/ father? Or will she not? She is such a nice person, so is VJ, they don't deserve to be unhappy and lonely.

I'm now going off to read the story I wrote about Leah meeting the handsome doctor Ceri, 'Relative Confusion'... hmph!

The exterior outside the school, how rank could it be. Do they have classes or do they get to walk around all day? I saw a random teacher in todays episode three times having a nice stroll here and there. HAHA. You don't get your headteacher very often strolling through the playground either.

Angelo is getting no where, and that's because all he does is keep going on he won't be ready in time.

I like that Xavier and Romeo have made up, let's hope we see there friendship again like it was at the end of 2009.

Am I the only person who really wants to punch Dexter in the face? -_- I can't stand him. There's a difference between the occasional inappropriate and occasional annoyingness that someone like Miles has in comparison to every single line being an inappropriate bad-timed joke that offends everyone and being so stuck-up and 530% annoying. What kind of brother is he? Does he actually have any friends yet? I miss the old Dexter, even if he was boring. At least I didn't mind seeing him on screen, and didn't want to throw the remote at it every time he appeared.

I'm wondering if someone realised they'd made Bianca rather unlikeable because she seemed a lot better in that episode.Still a bit of a princess but they brought out her vulnerable side and made her seem more relaxed rather than arrogant and aloof.Which didn't stop me grinning when she was covered in water and evicted.For the first time I could actually understand why Liam wanted to hang out with her since up till now she's just been rude to him all the time.

My feelings about Ruby yo-yoed back and forth throughout the episode.I actually quite liked her in her early scenes with Liam and I felt slightly sorry for her when Xavier sent her backing, she has messed him about but I did think she was being genuine.But we had far too many scenes of her looking longingly at the pair of them with the new love interests while I just felt like shouting "Get over it, girl!"I had the same feeling about Romeo, who spent most of the episode making "Relationships are bad" speeches.Has he really not noticed that Indigo's practically wearing a "Take Me Now" t-shirt?Either he knows nothing about girls or he really has decided to become a monk and he's deliberately ignoring it.Or he's gay.

Talking of which...nice little scene between Alf and Dexter.I get the feeling that Mr.Stewart's just worked out who sent the flowers...

What a way to end our summer break, Ruby sobbing AGAIN!

I couldn't help but notice how hard working everyone was in today's episode.

Dexter painted the ceiling for like 2 minutes and then the rest of the time just was there driving me up the wall, he is beginning to grate on now.

Marilyn and Sid unpacked some cups.

Penn and Nicole unpacked some beachwear stuff.

Xavier and April carried a few boxes up the stairs.

Charlie and Angelo made a table.

Ruby put together a mic and unravelled some cord.

Liam did pretty much the same, and Bianca did sweet f.a apart from rub Ruby up the wrong way.

The only ones that did do some work were Romeo and Indigo whilst playing 20 questions, and were the only ones I did enjoy in todays episode.

Penn needs to go, I liked him at first but the whole him winding Sid and Nicole up is rather tedious, and hearing the same conversations over and over again is rather irritating.

Angelo has a brother he has never mentioned before? And he was worried about not opening when it only took a day for say a group of ten people come together and do bugger all to make the restaurant complete. How plain could it be. Romeo and Indi did a great job painting the whole place white, or is it magnolia, haha.

Enough ranting from me, no episodes for over 4 weeks. :( I can't wait to see all the fun continue. More crap from Ruby, Angelo and Penn.

Yes very true Red, Alf was indeed very subtle when he was talking to Dex about the flowers, unusual for him as he doesn't normally do subtle.

Sill can't take to Bianca, she is far too up herself. Can't wait to see how her and April are going to get on at Gina's. :D Wonder how Xavier will last being nice to John for 60 days! Nice one Gina. (thumbs up).

Ruby did seem OK when we first saw her chatting to Liam when they were walking through the 'new' schoolyard. Then when he and Bianca were chatting away she must have felt like a spare part. Then later at the surf club Liam was again chatting up Bianca and April and Xavier were all cosy. Can't blame Xavier treating like that after what happened last time. Guess Nicole must have done her 'time' for the week otherwise she could have talked to her. At least we saw Charlie and her talking together for the first time in ages, Charlie did actually notice something was up but Ruby dismissed it.

Finally (and at last) mention of the damage done to Charlie's car, even though it was just brushed over as in 'oh, these things happen'. :rolleyes:

Thanks Dalby for the 'info', I'll ignore reading it until I watch tonights episode!

Archived