Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

^How is Tony ready to talk when all he does is storm out or shut down every time she tries? :rolleyes: All she has done is try and get him to discuss it with her. And as much as she needs to see things from his point of view he needs to see things from her point of view. I think the writing is awful and it's completely disrespectful to Amy and Jon....very very disappointed.

Agree. Never minded Rachel & Tony before but they've both gone down in my estimation during this storyline, to the extent where it sounds so fake when they say they love each other, to me. The storyline could've been quite good as it's obviously a tough situation for any couple to find themselves in, but I hate the way the characters have handled it.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew! Finally had a chance to catch up on the last two weeks.

Indi and Romeo, didn't think I'd like them but I actually love them together! They're really sweet and I loved their casual flirting and her making him guess where she'd been to get a date. Romeo's reaction to the surfing and Annie was a bit silly - I was glad Indi said what she did to him!

The Mr Oddly storyline was ridiculous but I did actually find it funny :unsure: When Alf came down in his jammies and Miles and Marilyn were trying not to laugh I couldn't help but laugh to. Dexters a bit odd with his crush on Marilyn and I did feel sorry for her, they're making it look like an obsession rather than an attraction. I find it a bit uncomfortable. I think it's the weird leering facial expressions he keeps making.

Leah - I love her but this latest storyline is driving me up the wall. She left him! And they're just going round and round in circles, she misses Elijah and is losing sleep; I get it. But they're saying the same thing in every single storyline.

Finally, my Tachel :( What have the writers done?? I agree with Kirsty; they've clearly given up on them and are just filling the episodes with out of character behaviour (particularly Tony). I do like the way they're portraying it as a completely helpless situation. As has been said above I don't think there's any right or wrong person in this whole thing which is what makes it really sad; you have two people who love each other and want to be together but risk resenting each other whatever decision is made.

no disrespect to the Tachel fans but he seems ready to try and talk to her but Rachel seems to keep thinking that she needs to talk him around, maybe just see things his way.

I'm surprised you think this because from my point of view Tony is doing everything but trying to talk to her. He is the one avoiding her; he ignores her phonecall everytime she rings, even Miles is trying to encourage him to go home, talk to her and be honest with her. He told her to sleep on it and encouraged her towards the job yet when she considers it he totally publicly humiliates her and accuses her of not caring about their marriage? Don't get me wrong though, I don't think Rachel's blameless in this but I am glad she actually admitted she'd acted in the wrong way. I guess she thought if she showed Tony how much it meant to her then he'd go but it was a pretty big risk to take that so far hasn't paid off. If Tony had been honest in the first place this would never have happened.

I would like to know how Lucas can afford to just jump on a plan from America to Australia just like that :lol: It's not cheap...

I maybe she meant for Lucas to call Tony. Hope he plays it casual as in "hi there Dad, how are things?" Rather than let on Rachel phoned him and asked him to ring, that would really make more trouble. That's assuming of course Tony would open up to Lucas and tell him what's going on.

Both Miles and Leah keep giving good advice to Tony and Rachel respectively but when they come to come acting on it, something happens to throw another spanner in the works. Did Rachel leave that paper with the travel info on lying around accidentally on purpose?

Thank God Mr. Oddly has gone, though wasn't Marilyn going to put him in her shop, which we hardly see her at BTW! Guess now it will never be resolved as to whom was playing tricks on who. Good to see Nicole make her peace with Sid now she is out from under the influence of Penn,

though that isn't going to last.

:wink:

I can sense I offended you guys but her getting the oneway ticket isnt exactly helping the situation, I cant see her not going without Tony and after all they have been through together, why would she risk her marriage? Doesnt really make any sense to me!

I can sense I offended you guys but her getting the oneway ticket isnt exactly helping the situation, I cant see her not going without Tony and after all they have been through together, why would she risk her marriage? Doesnt really make any sense to me!

You didn't offend me at all :D You have a right to your opinion I was just saying from my point of view Tony is definetely not wanting to sit down and discuss this. Everytime she tries to talk to him he just storms out or cuts her off. Even Miles is frustrated because he won't talk to her about it or explain how he's really feeling. And I absolutely agree buying that ticket was a bad decision on Rachel's part; one of those times when you think everything's sorted (ie Tony was finally willing to talk to her and explain why he doesn't want to go) and then cringe when he found the ticket because you know it's all going to kick off again.

I don't think personally Rachel was ever going to go without him (I may be proven wrong but..) I think she just went ahead with the plans thinking Tony would change his mind and realise how much it meant to her but it's now come back to bite her in the butt as he's taken it understandably to mean that it's more important to her than their marriage. I think the little scene with Rachel crying on the sofa to Leah was a nice insight into how much it's really affecting Rachel and how much she regrets how she's acted. I think she's frightened because she's realised Tony isn't going to go like she thought and now she's stuck with what to do.

Overall though I think the whole storyline's been dealt with pretty terribly, there are so many ways it could have been done better and more true to their characters. I can understand why Tony think it's Daniel putting these ideas in Rachel's head seeing as she expressed a loss of passion for her job, ten minutes before he appeared in the episode :rolleyes:

Fair enough, Rachel does regret the path that she has taken to get Tony to agree to come with her but I think she will still go without him as she has made it clear that her job is important to her and she wants a challenge and while there is nothing wrong with that she has to consider what it will do to her and Tony and Harry as well.

You're absolutely right :) Rachel has to consider what's more important to her; her career or her family as does Tony. I sympathise with both of their situations, it's an incredibly difficult situation which could lead to either one of them resenting the other. I know her career's incredibly important to her as it's a huge part of her own character but I'm not so sure she would break apart her family for that.I guess we'll find out whether she would go without him soon enough.

Best part about their "final" disagreement was Rachel beginning to doubt herself despite being right about her family moving on to something "bigger", in most of their storylines Rachel was ontop while Tony the weak one. now Rachel learns weak is not so bad, finally atlast they're ready to rule theworld against the world, whatever.

when are they leaving?

Today's episode was really interesting in terms of Rachel and Tony. It seems that even if Rachel did go without Tony, they weren't considering a break up but rather a long distance relationship thing. I did have a wtf moment when Rachel said to Tony "if you wont see a counsellor I don't know what we're going to do" and Tony didn't even respond to it. Can anyone enlighten me if I've missed something? That last scene between them I thought was really sad, they both told each other they didn't want to lose the other and Tony seemed thrilled when he obviously thought Rachel was going to stay and then she told him about Lucas. Can see that all kicking off next episode! I'm not sure Leah was right to encourage Rachel to call Lucas as if it was going to completely solve their problems; it's giving her false hope but I guess she's running out of ideas.

I can see why Tony would be angry about Rachel calling Lucas but I'd like to think that if his son tells him how much he wants to be near him it would be enough to make Tony change his mind. There's really nothing keeping him in Summer Bay.

Archived