Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Indian branch LOL!

Someone else had OCD in the series didn't they- oh, wasn't it Sally though. So no good asking her for advice! :lol:

So exactly how bad ARE Australian winters? Surely they can't be that bad when staying in a tent, compared to English winters- or summers come to that! They don't even have snow do they?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is yesterdays five ep I am commenting on so you dont get confused.

Wow, April's response scared the hell out of me. I never expected that, I think she desperately needs help and now I am curious to see what happens next.

I think something is definitely happening with Brax, its too weird at the moment.. hmm

So...April's in the "penthouse suite" now?!It looks as though she's slept in three different rooms in that house and the second one was only established two episodes ago!She is, very obviously now, suffering from OCD.I'm not sure if it would cover all her symptoms, the "If I don't keep things in order, bad things will happen" stuff is actually a classic symptom(er, I think, I'm mainly going by what I've seen on TV and what Sally was like here...)and I think the self-esteem issues and hyperchondria would fit as well.Odd that she lied to Sid about the anxiety attacks given that was what had her get in touch with him in the first place, maybe she realises deep down there's something wrong.Again some nice insights from Liam, who's the first one to realise there's a link between the pen and her blaming him for the electrocution, and Dexter's bemused reaction worked well.(By the way, Bianca's inaccurate use of the archaic definition of "electrocuted" is made all the more ironic by the fact she refers to it as an "electrocution" herself a few scenes later...)

So, Liam and Bianca have finally moved out of their tent.I can see why Liam would feel uncomfortable moving into the family set-up at Irene's, although he did seem oddly fixed on the idea of staying in the shack to start with.Moving in with Angelo and Roo makes a lot more sense and loved the way she seemed to be acting like one of the guys.Living apart might do Liam and Bianca good, it was probably a bit soon to be living in each other's pockets anyway.

I was giving Marilyn the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of that episode but it became pretty obvious pretty quickly that she saw Angus as a threat and wanted him out of the way.I love how Indi was so supportive of Nicole, the show does seem to do the girlie friendships well(and indeed the male friendships), we need more of those sort of scenes.I wonder how Angus would have reacted if Nicole had been going through the traditional adoption route rather than just handing her baby over to the crazy woman down the street, it seemed to be the car crash of an arrangement that put him off more than anything else.Nicole didn't quite seem to grasp that despite recognising Marilyn was against Angus.I was half-expecting Sid to stick up for Marilyn at the end so I'm glad he didn't.

Brian :) OCD stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I think its when people have to do things over and over before they feel happy or safe e.g. check the front door is locked ten times before you go out.

So...April\'s in the \"penthouse suite\" now?!It looks as though she\'s slept in three different rooms in that house and the second one was only established two episodes ago!

Yes, I was sure I remember her and Xavier going into the front bedroom a few months ago (the one where Geoff used to sleep) Now she\'s in the room which is always accessible to boyfriends. Now she hasn\'t got one :lol:

Liam, Angelo and Roo. Now there\'s an explosive threesome!

I was giving Marilyn the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of that episode but it became pretty obvious pretty quickly that she saw Angus as a threat and wanted him out of the way.I love how Indi was so supportive of Nicole, the show does seem to do the girlie friendships well(and indeed the male friendships), we need more of those sort of scenes.

Yes, Marilyn is becoming the crazy lady :( And yes the friendships are good. I just wish Casey and Ruby were just friends, it would be great if she learned that she doesn\'t always need a boy around to have a good life and be strong. But she doesn\'t have strong female friends at the moment for support. Obviously not Indi. Nicole and April have their own problems. So she turns to the convenient boyfriend...

Really sad Angus has gone. He was really nice :wub:

So exactly how bad ARE Australian winters? Surely they can't be that bad when staying in a tent, compared to English winters- or summers come to that! They don't even have snow do they?

Slightly off topic, but I went out with an Australian bloke a few years back and he became incredibly excited when, having moved to the UK at the age of 25, he got to experience his first British snowfall. Fast forward about 6 years to the winter just gone and he was SICK.AS.F**K. just like the rest of us. :lol:

I really like the idea of Angelo, Roo & Liam. I think Roo is a key character in the group and hopefully she'll bounce off the lads well.

I imagine the biggest problem with living in a tent in Australia would be the extreme rainfall when it happens. Hot countries tend to have periods of heavy rain to make up for the lack of normal rain.

I really like the idea of Angelo, Roo & Liam. I think Roo is a key character in the group and hopefully she'll bounce off the lads well.

I like the sound of that alreetlike, is that one at a time or both at once?:wink::blush:

As April said to Dex she has to do things in a certain way, laying out her pens etc, otherwise bad things will happen is a a classic symptom of OCD. That's why she blamed Liam for Bianca getting that electric shock, he took her pen away so she wasn't able to line it up with the others. I wonder now that Dex knows how bad it is with April if he will tell Bianca, he may feel it would be dobbing her in, but Bianca needs to know. Currently she only thinks it is stress due to the HSC, which may be part of it, but it is a lot more serious.

Yes Miranda, Sally did indeed have OCD, her symptoms took the form of obsessively washing her hands, she was prescribed medication for it.

I realise Australian winters are nothing like ours (specially last year) but I suppose even to them it would be a lot colder, am I right any Aussie dropper ins? The bay is on the coast so like our coastal towns it is always colder there than it would be inland.

Marilyn certainly went right over the top and down the other side as regards Angus, glad that Sid keeps out of it, he's always seemed more laid back about the whole thing. Loved the family chat around the table (reminded me of the old days back when Pippa and Tom were at the caravan park). Indi seemed happier, has she reached a decision do you think? It did appear that all of them bar Marilyn were in favour of her contacting Angus. Good point there Red, (normal adoption route) I suppose to an outsider (hell even to an insider) it seems bizarre. Shame he has decided to back off, even though there is still something about him I feel uneasy about.

I like the sound of that alreetlike, is that one at a time or both at once?:wink::blush:

Oo er missus :P

Loved the family chat around the table (reminded me of the old days back when Pippa and Tom were at the caravan park). Indi seemed happier, has she reached a decision do you think?

Yes, I loved the family chat too :) If Indi has made a decision, hopefully she'll tell Romeo to f off and she'll then get a lovely university boyfriend, leaving Romeo to stew in his own juice.

Had a weird idea: If Marilyn and Angus are so desperate for babies, why don't they get together and bring one up? :lol: x 10

Oh I think she could handle both at once. :lol: :lol:

Archived