Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Miranda seemed genuinely hurt when she found out about Xavier. I wasn’t expecting her to give him another chance but he blew it. To be fair I did think there was an element of sods law and everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. This just confirms what I said last week (of course it’s easy to talk in retrospective terms) but had he been honest from the start things might have turned out differently. Although Xavier didn’t really mean any harm by what he was doing I could kind of see why Miranda didn’t want anything to do with him anymore because he did seem really immature –although I didn’t like the way she went and announced everything in front of Angelo like that knowing full well Xavier could lose his job. Well at least Gina didn’t set him up like I thought she might have. I quite liked the way she sort of consoled him when she found out the truth about his interest in philosophy and the fake ID.

I’m glad Nicole wants to keep the baby. No doubt her maternal instinct kicking in. Not sure if she’s going to actually do anything about it but if she does Marilyn will be devastated and I’m not sure she’ll give up without a fight. It looks as though Marilyn’s warning to Roo in yesterday’s episode had the desired effect because it seemed like Roo felt quite intimidated and really didn’t want to tread on Marilyn’s toes regarding Nicole’s suggestion that she be present at the birth. I was laughing when Nicole told Marilyn because I knew how she was going to react. It seems as though the anti Marilyn contingent is strong and I’m struggling to find a single poster that has anything good to say about her character at the moment. I’m glad Morag offered to back Nicole up and really liked her “If you won’t, I will” line.

Why do Xavier and Romeo appear to attract all the hot ones? It was Romeo’s turn today. I have to say he did pretty well and was very professional because if I was in his position I don’t think I would have been able to turn away a bird like that. Overall his character was a lot better in this episode than he was last week when he treated Emily like crap and he appeared to have a more positive attitude. Indy seemed to be hanging around him like a lost puppy and it was as though last week never happened when she called him out for being horrible to Emily. Those two are so going to get back together.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi folks. I'm back from Croatia. Just caught up with all the episodes I missed and read all your posts - agree with most of them. Best of it all was the way Xavier has developed - especially today, digging himself deeper with lies and he lost Miranda. Ah! But, as someone said, not much chemistry there. I hope Xavier doesn't grow up - like him as he is.

By the way (other) Miranda, who's the new guy that appears at the side of your posts?

Why do Xavier and Romeo appear to attract all the hot ones?

Slade, I really just can't imagine, I really can't :lol::wink:

Brian, I'm Original Miranda actually :P That new guy is Chris Hemsworth who used to be in Home and Away and is now in Thor, which in case I forgot to mention is a brilliant film and Chris is the perfect Thor in every possible way :wub:

Hope you had a good holiday.

Actually, I've had an amazing idea: why don't people just call me Catherine, as that's my real name? Then no confusion will ever occur again!

Even when Marilyn's having one of her "not so bad" episodes, she's still annoying and childish.I've never been convinced that Nicole would think Marilyn would be a better mother than her, or indeed that anyone would other than Marilyn herself, and despite all the "She's older, she's in a relationship, it's not the right time for me" speeches I haven't seen one shred of evidence that this is a good idea. It takes more than a front room full of baby stuff and some wallpaper swatches.To be honest, I've thought all along that Nicole wants to keep the baby, she's just too scared to do anything about it, and I don't think her confession at the end changes that.Why has no-one been advising her on this? Where the hell has Miles been, since he seems to be a glorified extra this year?(He popped up for one token scene this episode, much like Irene and Colleen tend to.)Roo probably did the right thing by not knocking the boat too much.Wonder if Morag actually stuck to her "If you don't ask her, I will" after Nicole wimped out or whether it was just bluster.

I did feel sorry for Xavier as everything that could go wrong did go wrong.If he'd just phoned Miranda to say he'd been delayed, everything would have been all right...I guess the episode showed that they're at different places in their life although it would have been nice if it had gone on a bit longer.Don't really mind Miranda telling Angelo the truth, Xavier couldn't have covered it up for long anyway.So Brax got Casey his job back?Guess that rules out the possibility that he wanted him kept away from something dodgy.

Nice Liam/Romeo scene, not a lot happened in it but they spark off each other well.The Romeo/Indi interaction, as if last week and Romeo using Emily never happened, was downright weird.Romeo did an okay job as a surfing coach and is finally learning to resist having girls throwing themselves at him, although he soon ended up back in a sulk.

I did feel sorry for Xavier as everything that could go wrong did go wrong.If he'd just phoned Miranda to say he'd been delayed, everything would have been all right...I guess the episode showed that they're at different places in their life although it would have been nice if it had gone on a bit longer.Don't really mind Miranda telling Angelo the truth, Xavier couldn't have covered it up for long anyway.So Brax got Casey his job back?Guess that rules out the possibility that he wanted him kept away from something dodgy.

The most laughable thing about all this is that Miranda was keen on Xavier right from the start. He didn't have to lie.

I can't say that I feel sorry for him. I just think he's an idiot. That's two girls he's bottled it with now (including a goddess like April).

I didnt watch yesterday's episode properly so I cant comment on everything.

Miranda telling Angelo was a bit weird, I dont know why...

I feel sorry for Xavier, he hasn't exactly had a good time lately has he? I hope one day he gets with April.. hopefully! :)

The most laughable thing about all this is that Miranda was keen on Xavier right from the start. He didn't have to lie.

That's because she thought he was older than he is (17). How old is she anyway, early twenties? He really wasn't having a good day was he, though leaving the pizzas on his bike when it was going to be pretty obvious (to us anyway) those guys walking by were going to nick them. I liked that he was up front, well nearly, with Miranda about having to work, although as you say Red he could have just phoned her, but the personal touch was nice. If he had been upfront with Angelo maybe she would have been more understanding, but she knew he was lying. Loved her earrings btw! I don't remember Angelo firing Casey (or was that an off screen moment)?

I know what you mean Catherine, it need seem odd Romeo and Indy being friendly to each other, but good to see they both seem to have moved on.

His first 'client' wasn't exactly willing was he, poor lad! That girl (who he seemed to know) couldn't have been more obvious if she had tried and just jumped on him!!! Liam seemed to have his head screwed on business wise. Will Romeo be supplying boards and very important the insurance, should he even be operating if he hasn't got it yet? An adult can decide to take the risk in case anything happens, but with a minor it's different.

I was impressed by Marilyn's reaction when Nic asked if Roo could be at the birth, she just calmly explained she would rather it be the three of them. Marilyn and Sid haven't been in a relationship that long and it looks like it may not be lasting that much longer. Marilyn buying all that baby stuff (not OTT at all) reminded me of Marlon in Emmerdale. Nic looked really wistful when she was looking at the Moses basket. Just because she will be a single mum doesn't mean she will be alone, if she is still going to be loving at the caravan park, there will be Morag (OK not the best argument when it come to babies), Miles, Romeo and when he returns Alf. Colleen will also be near at hand, she may be annoying but you can rely on her when you need help.

She really is still so torn about what will be best for the baby, deep down she does want to keep it, but is as you say Red is sacred how good a mother she may or not be. After all her own mother wasn't a very good example of single motherhood.

Haven't been in here for a long time but I need to say

MARILYN IS DOING MY HEAD IN!!!

She's a pain in the butt, who needs to stop being a control freak! Poor Nicole! Seriously I hope the baby makes her life hell!!!! Its mean but I hate Marilyn, just as much as Coleen!!

Why do Xavier and Romeo appear to attract all the hot ones?

Brian

Hope you had a good holiday.

Actually, I've had an amazing idea: why don't people just call me Catherine, as that's my real name? Then no confusion will ever occur again!

Ok will do Catherine. Are you also looking for your prince? Hope he doesn't keep you waiting 8 years!

Haven't been in here for a long time but I need to say

MARILYN IS DOING MY HEAD IN!!!

She's a pain in the butt, who needs to stop being a control freak! Poor Nicole! Seriously I hope the baby makes her life hell!!!! Its mean but I hate Marilyn, just as much as Coleen!!

I agree exactly, Laura. She is going mental. Felt so sorry for Nicole, trapped and obviously feeling nervous and helpless, especially with Colleen going on about baby names. Thank god Angelo came to Nic's rescue. I love the way Ange and Nic are getting closer and closer subtly without any sudden leaping on each other like Casey and Ruby did.

That was a nice scene with Nicole, Angelo and Romeo in the Blaxland, especially when the boys both helped her step out of the boat at the end: her knights in shining armour :wub:

I forgot Angelo and Romeo were friends once upon a time. I think the writers have launched Romeo on the up again now from being the lowest he could be, as he's having nice friendship scenes with people now e.g. Liam, Miles, Angelo.

Brian, no, I found my prince 20 years ago, he's still as wonderful as he was then :wub: :wub:

Archived