Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

To weigh in to a completely irrelevent conversation, I thought Brodie was talking about his mother when he said "my old lady" as well.And I don't remember any children but I could have missed it.By the way, last episode when Sid told Indi and Dexter he'd do the washing up and to go away(I'm paraphrasing there...)and Dexter replies "I can't believe you just said that"...was anyone else thinking the same for a different reason?

Today's ep!Well, VJ once more proves he's the smart one and Leah once more proves she really needs to learn to talk to her son.His deadpan response to it and Miles' own reactions("I think he was waiting for us to tell him"/"About your mum and me playing tonsil hockey...")were rather funny and I wonder if his reaction could be the deal breaker...

And...Liam.Romeo once again proves he works better around his guy friends than in romantic or angsty scenes, he did a pretty good job of confronting him.And pretty much proved that, as April pointed out, Irene's advice was complete rubbish.(Seriously, what does Irene think would have happened to her if Belle and the others had just walked away when she had her relapse a couple of years ago?I remember Geoff getting a bit of flack from some fans because he had a go at her for hitting his little sister and even he was still pretty supportive.)Having said that, I think Bianca was probably right to not let him in when he turned up at the house, if she had done I think he'd have ended up back in the cycle of excuses and failing to take responsibility.As it is, it seemed to help him realise he had to pick himself up and get help.

So, we've seen that Romeo works best with friends and, oh look, he and Indi are having a nice chat as friends, that's good, and...hang on, she's flirting with him, that's not good, and now they're making out...Sigh.Sid's expression spoke volumes.And Bianca smiles at a girl going back to her cheating boyfriend, because that worked so well for her.Marilyn thinking it's a good idea...pretty much says it all.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romeo once again proves he works better around his guy friends than in romantic or angsty scenes, he did a pretty good job of confronting him.

Yes, he does, you are right as ever :rolleyes: Don't get cocky, kid :P

I was surprised when Liam referred to Romeo as his best friend- I know they used to be best friends, but how long ago was that? Maybe the writers thought Romeo would be the best to take him on cos he's the only one who could convincingly physically subdue Liam.

Next, fashion notes:

What was the point of that- er- item of clothing Indi was wearing over her bikini? It didn't serve any purpose apart from saying: here's my boobs, Romeo and everyone else!

I never noticed before how weird Bianca's eyebrows are: they don't match her hair and are too thin. Make up department, sort it out!

So Bianca is now single. Hm... I wonder who is going to take advantage of that fact. I kept expecting the particular gentleman to appear today but maybe he won't yet, mentioning no names....

Whereas Indi and Romeo... yawn... I can't even be bothered. Sid's reaction was funny, but particularly annoying to me for various reasons <_<

And pretty much proved that, as April pointed out, Irene's advice was complete rubbish.(Seriously, what does Irene think would have happened to her if Belle and the others had just walked away when she had her relapse a couple of years ago?I remember Geoff getting a bit of flack from some fans because he had a go at her for hitting his little sister and even he was still pretty supportive.)
Hear hear Red Ranger!! Sorry I don't know your name.

I posted this yesterday in the H&A thread on nf.com:

And what about what Irene was saying to Bianca at the Diner? I couldn't quite believe that. :o I mean it was good that she offered to go to a meeting with Liam but now he's turned her down she's not gonna offer again? Or suggest that Bianca offers? Er why? I mean maybe it's just because he said he doesn't want to go. But that doesn't mean they should completely stop offering does it? I mean I don't know what really happened that much when Irene slipped back into being an alcoholic (just bits and pieces from the Hugo/Martha episodes I downloaded to catch up with them when I got into H&A full time 2 years ago) but I don't think that Belle and Kirsty and everybody else just left Irene to her own devices when she was "back on the wagon" as it were full time, back then did they? I mean please correct me if I'm wrong but that's my impression.

Haven't seen, well it's yesterday now's eppy yet and I realise I did come very strong down on Bianca but I just don't understand why nobody (apart from Gina helping him home) is being there for Liam and giving him any positive support.

Maybe it was different yesterday for some people and I'll have to watch that scene you mentioned about Bianca carefully Red but I'm not holding my breath about her to be honest with you.

That's the very definitoion of being an addict - it's not gonna be easy to get Liam sorted again but they can't just all, B especially turn their backs on him. I mean he can't do it by himself can he? He proved that on Wednesday didn't he?

Yes he is bringing this on himself by taking the drugs repeatedly and not trying to help himself. But that's what an addict is, they can't break their addiction themselves because it's got a hold of them. But that's when their friends and loved ones need to step in and give them a swift kick up the backside to help them get back on the straight and narrow. But Bianca - Liam's girlfriend come on is not stepping up to help him even though she loves him and doesn't want to see him self-destruct and I just don't get why that is.

That's all I'm gonna say for now. I just wanted to say that I really agree with you on that point about Irene Red!

I was surprised when Liam referred to Romeo as his best friend- I know they used to be best friends, but how long ago was that? Maybe the writers thought Romeo would be the best to take him on cos he's the only one who could convincingly physically subdue Liam.

I was half expecting Roo to say "...who?" when he mentioned his best friend. :lol: I don't remember seeing them together for ages.

Next, fashion notes:

What was the point of that- er- item of clothing Indi was wearing over her bikini? It didn't serve any purpose apart from saying: here's my boobs, Romeo and everyone else!

I know, what was with that?! It looked like it used to be a top which had been quite badly ripped and for some reason not removed. :lol:

Next, fashion notes:

I know, what was with that?! It looked like it used to be a top which had been quite badly ripped and for some reason not removed. :lol:

Yes it was just pointless, wasn't it? I'm surprised Romeo managed to keep his eyes on her face, even I was staring at her boobs :lol: :lol:

LOL haha yeah Miranda I was just kinda thinking 'What is this??'

Well the champion of yesterday's eppy was April wasn't it?!! I'm sooooooo glad she's back!! I mean obviously I was glad before but sooooooo much yesterday!!

That was completely right what April said to Bianca about: "...Then how's he supposed to know you're there for him at all". *celebrate* That's exactly what I was thinking - Well she's not there for him so he's not gonna be able to do it by himself but Bianca's not gonna be there for him (good one Irene :angry:) until he's all sorted so nothing's gonna happen is it, Bianca just needs to be there for him and then he'll feel supported and he'll have the motivation etc. - That's exactly what April said (if you could follow that :wink:)!! Yay!! Oh yay for April I'm soooooo happy!!!

Having said that, I think Bianca was probably right to not let him in when he turned up at the house, if she had done I think he'd have ended up back in the cycle of excuses and failing to take responsibility.
I think I'm gonna have to disagree with you there though my friend. I was on April's side here too. I think Bianca should've just taken him inside and sat him down and just said: "Look, listen OK... talk, talk, talk..." just said to him: "Look this is how it's gonna be..." straight up. I think Bianca's problem is that she just listens to everybody else except herself in situations like this. Like her Mum with the Vittorio/Liam situation and now Irene with this Liam/drugs situation. She didn't listen to April did she? She should've listened to April and gone with what she herself was feeling too because she has good values and good insticts and then it all would've been alright, I mean easier, better wouldn't it.

Yeah Liam came to the conclusion for himself that he needs to get straight didn't he but it would've just been better if he didn't have to do it by himself, without Bianca wouldn't it? I think.

But it was good to see Romeo being there for him, with all his experience he's had with his Mum! And Sid too! And Roo! :D I was glad to see that Liam did at least have some people there for him even if not Bianca. But then she came round in the end didn't she thanks to April!! *YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

That part. That montage bit when Bianca was running and I was like 'Ooh Roo's gonna call her oh that's good!! But she's left her phone at home'. Then sure enough she had and I was like 'Oooh Bianca just run a bit faster!! Just a little bit faster'!! I don't really know quite how to get all my emotions across in this part. Does it sound urgent? Is that working? Suffice it to say it was just very good television!! Exhilerating, exciting, emotional. All the right things!! But also I was thinking 'but haven't they done this once before already?'. The answer is yes. Deja vu. And it was exactly the same way around as well: When Liam was leaving coz he was like 'well she's happy with Vittorio now'. :( Bianca was running to stop Liam but he just left on his bike. *sad* But anyway she was running as fast as she could go wasn't she! But then she got there and he was gone. Boohoo. And Roo said "I'm very sorry" and gave her the note and B read it and she was like 'OK. Well he's gonna be alright now and I love him too!'. :wub: It all came good in the end. I mean it was a shame that they missed each other. That was really sad but Liam's gonna get himself sorted now and they're gonna be OK! *is very happy about that!!* But no

So Bianca is now single
She's not single because she loves him and he loves her so she's not single right? I know's he's gone off now but he's getting himself sorted so when he comes back they can be all good again! Right?

Yes I was very impressed with Romeo yesterday! Sticking around for Liam! Yes he probably should've left when Liam tried to deck him but up until then I thought Romeo was doing very well coming through for his old (not in age I hasten to add, as some people were commenting on that) friend! But that scene on the beach; didn't Luke and particularly Axel do so well!! I remember commenting as I was watching on Axel's acting! Which funnily enough I don't do all that often. Not just for him you understand. I'm not saying "Oh he's a rubbish actor". But you just get caught up in what's going on on screen so you don't tend not to focus so well all the time on 'Oh they're acting'. You know? But I did particularly notice it yesterday with Axel Whitehead!

And Romeo and Indi - I'm happy they're back together! I think they make a very good couple! Yeah I've forgiven him for doing that aswell. I mean it was pretty much 100% Ruby's fault anyway. But I won't get into all that again now. I particularly liked the scene with R and I at her house going to see Dad. The way Romeo kissed Indi's hand and then she held his hand as they were going in to see Sid! Aw! They seem like a very mature couple to me. Always have!

And even Marilyn had some good scenes yesterday! I liked her scenes with Indi and with Sid too!

I thought Romeo and Sid had a good little scene at the hospital as well!

So yeah in the end not a bad eppy at all yesterday really! Could've been a bit happier, a bit more positive but at least Bianca finally realised in the end and gave us something vey good to get stuck into! Loved that there was a musical accompaniment to that running part too! Just really good!! Would've been better without all the drama (I think. I'm pretty sure about that) but I'm glad Bianca realised in the end thanks to who I shall now refer to for the foreseeable future as "The Champion" or "Champ" for short aka April!!

ETA: I knew there'd be something I missed out - VJ's reaction to Miles and his Mum and Miles' totally unsubtle way of trying to talk to him about it. Oh dear Miles. *laughs* I love this guy!! I was kinda hoping for something more from Veej actually. It's a big deal his Mum being together with Miles. But hey ho I had a lot of other big/good things to focus on yesterday so I guess it's not all that bad.

I haven't commented in a few days. How strange...

Romeo and Indigo: what the hell is she thinking. He cheated on her and basically treat her like dirt and she goes running back to him. How weird is that. Has she had her brain taken over by aliens or something?? I can't think of a logical explanation. Sid got involved as usual doing the whole DAD thing. I think he and Roo are getting closer and closer. I sense drama ahead for Marilyn

It might be an exaggeration to say Liam and Romeo are best friends but I think they are obviously still friends, Liam was one of the ones Romeo confided in after he slept with Ruby.One thing that stood out in that April/Bianca scene was when April says "Why are you letting him walk away?" and Bianca says "I'm not, he's doing it himself."Huh?!That literally doesn't make sense!It almost makes me wonder if they hacked out a chunk of dialogue and expected us not to notice.

Roo's episode count this week:Five.Marilyn, Sid and Indigo were all in four, Casey was only in one.

So, annoyingly, Sid is made out to be the bad guy because he's the only person that's ever been particularly bothered about Romeo cheating on Indi, with everyone else blaming Ruby and/or not really caring.Indi's "Marilyn has to trust you" comment annoyed me:It sounded like Sid's cheated on Marilyn which he never has, he cheated on Indi's mum two years ago, long before they got together. Sid really should have checked his facts before running round to tell Indi he saw Romeo with someone else, it really didn't do him any favours.Although Romeo's reaction made him seem like just as much of a jerk.So...were Romeo and Indi really planning to have sex in her room while Sid, Marilyn and George were in the house?Not sure if that's more or less classy than doing it on his boat. Not sure if Sid thought that was better or worse than Romeo being with someone else...It's frustrating because that episode showed that they can be sweet and funny together and if I'd seen those scenes last year I'd probably have enjoyed them.But after not only the stuff with Ruby but all the childishness from both of them when they were last together, I know it's not going to last and they'll be back annoying me before too long.

Well, the show's finally let Xavier be eighteen.Gina was in uptight mode most of the episode although she did end up being reasonable.But it was disappointing how little we saw of it:His celebrations with his friends happen off screen and I doubt we'll see this party with Brendan either.Although it's interesting that it sounds like John's spending time with him, which people have been wondering about.Plus points also for Gina finally referring to him as austistic rather than saying "learning difficulties".

See now again this is where a 'Home and Away Later' series would work. One minute we have Xavier and Vanessa going off to the party, then its suddenly the next morning with Vanessa saying 'hope I didn't embarrass you last night' to him and references to things happening at the party. The writers could do an episode with all sorts of other storylines, or tying up loose ends, or looking into more adult themes. And the same when/if they go to this music festival.

Anyway. I think Sid is getting a dose of his own medicine tbh. Romeo is nothing like he was when he was young. Romeo (a teenager) just slept with a friend when he was at a low point, whereas Sid (a grown up man) actively chased after women while he was married. Romeo so far isn't a serial cheater whereas Sid was.

I also think he was being unreasonable glaring at them on the boat, what does he expect them to be doing? :rolleyes: They are over 18 as well.

Nice scene with Xavier/John/Gina at his birthday drinks and generally all their scenes :D Xavier/David's acting is so much better these days :D

See now again this is where a 'Home and Away Later' series would work. One minute we have Xavier and Vanessa going off to the party, then its suddenly the next morning with Vanessa saying 'hope I didn't embarrass you last night' to him and references to things happening at the party. The writers could do an episode with all sorts of other storylines, or tying up loose ends, or looking into more adult themes. And the same when/if they go to this music festival.

Or maybe a sign they need a bigger budget:It felt like a case of "We can't afford to have April, Dex, Ruby, Casey and a bunch of extras in this episode so we'll just say he's had a party."I am also wondering if we'll actually see this much talked about music festival...

To be honest, I think Sid reacted how most fathers would in that situation, regardless of whether Indi's 18 or not.I meant to say it actually reminded me of Charlie springing Ruby and Casey.The teens in this town really need to find more private places to...get to know each other.

Archived