Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See now again this is where a 'Home and Away Later' series would work. One minute we have Xavier and Vanessa going off to the party, then its suddenly the next morning with Vanessa saying 'hope I didn't embarrass you last night' to him and references to things happening at the party. The writers could do an episode with all sorts of other storylines, or tying up loose ends, or looking into more adult themes. And the same when/if they go to this music festival.

Or maybe a sign they need a bigger budget:It felt like a case of "We can't afford to have April, Dex, Ruby, Casey and a bunch of extras in this episode so we'll just say he's had a party."I am also wondering if we'll actually see this much talked about music festival...

To be honest, I think Sid reacted how most fathers would in that situation, regardless of whether Indi's 18 or not.I meant to say it actually reminded me of Charlie springing Ruby and Casey.The teens in this town really need to find more private places to...get to know each other.

I agree that the budget is a problem. I remember years ago when they had a music festival they actually showed Kirsty and Kane there (and Sally and Flynn) with a bunch of extras. They actually used to show Kirsty in a nightclub taking ecstasy while a bunch of strangers did... whatever it is people do in nightclubs (well, they didn't show her actually taking the drug, but you know what I mean). These days you'd just see her come home and it would be revealed 2 days later that she took drugs. I think the lack of budget is also a problem in that they can't afford a University set. They had one years ago and we actually used to see Dani and Irene going there and stuff. Now when a kid finishes school they pretty much either have to repeat or leave the show.

See now again this is where a 'Home and Away Later' series would work. One minute we have Xavier and Vanessa going off to the party, then its suddenly the next morning with Vanessa saying 'hope I didn't embarrass you last night' to him and references to things happening at the party. The writers could do an episode with all sorts of other storylines, or tying up loose ends, or looking into more adult themes. And the same when/if they go to this music festival.

Or maybe a sign they need a bigger budget:It felt like a case of "We can't afford to have April, Dex, Ruby, Casey and a bunch of extras in this episode so we'll just say he's had a party."I am also wondering if we'll actually see this much talked about music festival...

To be honest, I think Sid reacted how most fathers would in that situation, regardless of whether Indi's 18 or not.I meant to say it actually reminded me of Charlie springing Ruby and Casey.The teens in this town really need to find more private places to...get to know each other.

I agree that the budget is a problem. I remember years ago when they had a music festival they actually showed Kirsty and Kane there (and Sally and Flynn) with a bunch of extras. They actually used to show Kirsty in a nightclub taking ecstasy while a bunch of strangers did... whatever it is people do in nightclubs (well, they didn't show her actually taking the drug, but you know what I mean). These days you'd just see her come home and it would be revealed 2 days later that she took drugs. I think the lack of budget is also a problem in that they can't afford a University set. They had one years ago and we actually used to see Dani and Irene going there and stuff. Now when a kid finishes school they pretty much either have to repeat or leave the show.

Most actors like to leave after their character's finished school.

Anyway. I think Sid is getting a dose of his own medicine tbh. Romeo is nothing like he was when he was young. Romeo (a teenager) just slept with a friend when he was at a low point, whereas Sid (a grown up man) actively chased after women while he was married. Romeo so far isn't a serial cheater whereas Sid was.

I also think he was being unreasonable glaring at them on the boat, what does he expect them to be doing? :rolleyes: They are over 18 as well.

Nice scene with Xavier/John/Gina at his birthday drinks and generally all their scenes :D Xavier/David's acting is so much better these days :D

It could be that Vanessa just got drunk and being the eldest one there, by a mile, felt she may have embarrassed Xav that way. Why did I have the feeling there is more to Vanessa acting the way she is then we have seen so far?

They do appear to have been talking about this music festival for ages! Are Gina and Vanessa going with Xav and co or by themselves? That was nice seeing John, Gina and Xav and him having his first (legal) drink.

Exactly my thoughts Miranda (can we call you Miranda again now the other one has gone)? To my mind Sid was judging Romeo by his past behaviour. Romeo made one mistake (sleeping with Ruby while he was still with Indi) he slept with Emily after they had split so doesn't count. At least Indi has gone back into the relationship with her eyes open and when Sid told her (quite wrongly) he had seen Romeo 'flirting' she was up to hearing his version. Not sure if Sid was more shocked to find it was Indi Romeo was with rather than another girl? :unsure: There are some shocking revelations next week concerning Romeo which will have repercussions for Indi. :o Like the rest if you I was puzzled by what it was exactly that Indi was wearing.

How far away is Irene's from Angelo's, it seemed Bianca was running forever? Nice to see April back in her old role of being the wise one regarding relationships. Her 'how is he going to know you're there for him, if you don't tell him' was very good.

So where had Liam taken himself off to, is he hoping to heal himself by just travelling or has he gone off into rehab?

Why did I have the feeling there is more to Vanessa acting the way she is then we have seen so far?

They do appear to have been talking about this music festival for ages!

Yes, you could be right about Vanessa, Sherlock.

Re: the music festival. I thought Ruby and Casey said 'its this weekend' originally, so its been a blooming long week if so!

Exactly my thoughts Miranda (can we call you Miranda again now the other one has gone)?

There are some shocking revelations next week concerning Romeo which will have repercussions for Indi.

How far away is Irene's from Angelo's, it seemed Bianca was running forever?

So where had Liam taken himself off to, is he hoping to heal himself by just travelling or has he gone off into rehab?

Yes you may call me Miranda again (bows)

I'm glad they are going down that route with Romeo, not the 'Ruby's pregnant, who's the father?' route. A new subject, has it been done in HAA before?

Yes, I thought Bianca was running forever :lol: I hope Liam's gone into rehab <_<

Its a boring rainy Sunday so I thought I'd share my 'fascinating' thoughts :lol: Why is the weather so miserable in June FFS?

The other thing I meant to say was: Romeo, why on earth didn't you move the Blaxland to another mooring away from the jetty? Would have been a bit more private :rolleyes:

I really can’t be bothered to comment on the whole week but I just wanted to say firstly I was genuinely surprised when I saw Charlie and Brax together after Brodie was arrested as I assumed they had finished off screen. The reason why had assumed they had finished is because we didn’t actually see her say the relationship is over and it’s just so obvious Brax is involved, I just arrived at the conclusion she had come to her senses. Unless I’m missing someone and somebody needs to spell it out for me how can Charlie not even think there is any involvement from Brax? And I feel it is a serious case of tunnel vision.

Romeo victorious! :D So his breakup with Indy did only prove to be a temporary setback after all. I thought Sid’s reaction was a little over the top and kind of found myself in agreement with Roo i.e. he was almost projecting his own failings onto Romeo. Sid didn’t know what to do when he saw Indy emerge on the Blaxland. I presumed he was expecting it the be someone other than Indy.

Why did I have the feeling there is more to Vanessa acting the way she is then we have seen so far?

They do appear to have been talking about this music festival for ages!

Yes, you could be right about Vanessa, Sherlock.

Re: the music festival. I thought Ruby and Casey said 'its this weekend' originally, so its been a blooming long week if so!

Exactly my thoughts Miranda (can we call you Miranda again now the other one has gone)?

There are some shocking revelations next week concerning Romeo which will have repercussions for Indi.

How far away is Irene's from Angelo's, it seemed Bianca was running forever?

Yes you may call me Miranda again (bows)

I'm glad they are going down that route with Romeo, not the 'Ruby's pregnant, who's the father?' route. A new subject, has it been done in HAA before?

Yes, I thought Bianca was running forever :lol: I hope Liam's gone into rehab <_<

Its a boring rainy Sunday so I thought I'd share my 'fascinating' thoughts :lol: Why is the weather so miserable in June FFS?

The other thing I meant to say was: Romeo, why on earth didn't you move the Blaxland to another mooring away from the jetty? Would have been a bit more private :rolleyes:

Cheers Miranda!

Good to know you know what I mean about Romeo.

Has got me thinking who he had got it from. He was a virgin till he slept with Ruby, who as far I as I can remember hadn't actually 'been' with anyone since Geoff, he has only just slept with Indi so the only one it can be is Emily!!!

Let's hope it is dealt with sensitively.

Also raining here, we had such a lovely April and May too.

He probably had other things on his mind! :wub:

:D H&ALover

Oh great episode again!

Loved the meal at the Walkers with Sid making hints about Romeo's health and activities!

Loved the fact that Brodie overheard Charlie and Brax being lovey dovey and so got the upper hand on Brax :D

And now Brax had to cover his tracks and get Heath to help him without giving away he is having an affair with Charlie, what a tangled mess :D

And loved the Nic/Ange stuff, they are such a good couple, why wasn't this thought of before? But I suppose she's changed these days, she wouldn't have suited him in the past. Aw... :wub:

So, Heath is chatting up Bianca, that would be a fiery affair.... would she redeem him or would he drag her down with him? :blink:

I liked the fact that Miles and Romeo had that conversation, it would be better if all 'father/sons' could talk about things openly.

but if its this chlamydia, isn't it 'the invisible disease' and no one's supposed to know they've got it, never mind Romeo and his itching? but I suppose that would be a boring episode with no one knowing they had anything

Heath and Bianca. Where to start, I like the way that Heath just approached her in the diner, though to be completely honest, I never really thought Heath would just do that, but then again, he did go and see her in the gym. I dont think it was a coincidence that she was there but then Heath does spend a lot of time there so maybe I am just over thinking things?

Dex had to be the highlight, Sid was just annoying as per usual in that episode for me. All he does is get annoyed about Indi/Romeo. I mean they are old enough to make their own decisions regardless of whether or not they are right or not.

Emily clearly gave it to Romeo, aside from Ruby, he was a virgin so where the hell did he get it from, leading me to the logical conclusion that he must have got it from Emily.

:wub: Nic/Ange.. I can't believe how much I actually *heart* these two, Nicole is just so perfect for him and vice versa, my heart literally lurched out of my chest when Brodie grabbed her and then he got stabbed and I couldnt stop laughing cos it 'just grazed his arm' like in my fic :P:lol:

Not much else to say apart from that I officially dont like Brax anymore. He is just a liar and a jerk

As I 'said' in my earlier post that is the only one it can be. She's bound to blame Romeo just to get herself off the hook. Knowing what he knows Sid is bound to be ansty with Romeo, but didn't Indi tell him earlier they had practiced safe sex?

Romeo and Miles' talk was a bit wince making :blush::blink: He doesn't have to see Sid to check himself out, there must be other doctors at the hospital. That's a thing do they not have a GP (or whatever they are called in Australia) or do they always have to troop off to the hospital?

Will have to break off, will add more tomorrow.

Archived