Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Agree that Marilyn was annoying in Friday's episode, but I think her behaviour can be excused by her total despair. She wasn't thinking rationally - she was a Mother who had just learned she was to lose her son (that's how she sees George) and no woman would react calmly to that news.

Welll put, exactly my thoughts :D

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Marilyn has been let down by Sid. He loves her and knows what an emotional person she is and should have tried to protect her from getting in too deep to this terrible arrangement. I know he wasn't keen to go ahead at the start, but had he tried to get Marilyn (and Nicole) to see it as a temporary situation, Nicole wanting him back wouldn't have been such a shock. Nicole is really lucky that she has the option to get George back, had he been adopted officially there would have been no changing her mind so easily - she owes Marilyn a huge debt of gratitude, which I hope we get to see.

I don't think Sid is much to blame for this. Marilyn made the decision to raise George completely on her own and any attempts to talk her out of it would have fallen on deaf ears.

If I were Sid, I would have employed a more pragmatic approach: "Okay, you want to raise this kid, that's up to you, but you can leave me out of it. Good luck finding someone else to keep a roof over your head and pay all the bills."

Ergh, Charlie is such a dumb person. The scene with her & Brax was so awkward. It was painful to watch, she is beyond compromised, it is ridiculous. I really think she needs to lose everything that she cares about and then just maybe she might use her brain instead of jumping into bed with Brax. He is a serial liar and manipulator and honestly he really needs to be taught a lesson. Such a pair of idiots, I swear <_<  & sorry if I sound OTT I  am just sick of the show being the Chax show <_< & rant over for now. 

Marilyn. I knew that I was going to hate her but to be honest, she is unhinged. & someone please slap her. She is just being unreasonable and crazy. I do understand she has formed an attachment to George but biologically she isn't George's mother and I also do understand that DNA isn't everything as I am adopted but Nic wants him in her life & maybe people might think I am saying this because I am a big Nic/Angelo fan and maybe it's true but I believe that Nicole could be a great mother if and when she is given the chance. 

Laura & Elijiah, not much I can say about that but I am warming to Laura....

Knowing the childlikeness and simplicity of Marilyn I can totally see why she took George like that. She is desperate and terrified, and doesn't really have the mental age of her chronological age. I feel sorry for her, she is cracking up and its a good thing Roo caught her. I think she might need counselling or something more serious.

I thought Elijah was really rude helping Laura over the fence and into the car and ignoring Roo like that!

Oh, I must agree about Chax, they are acting like sex crazed teenagers... yawn...

Well Charlie and Brax's break up lasted a whole week!!!! :o She just can't keep away can she and after she had told Angelo they were over. It's all going to end in tears.

Not sure how wise Sid was in not involving the police right away. I know Marilyn would never harm George and as Sid said it would ruin any chance of adopting in the future, but Nic had to involve them in the end. Didn't think Marilyn had thought about a passport for George and she never would be able to get one that quick, would she? Where did she decide to go btw and what alerted the travel agent that something was wrong? What were the odds that Roo would choice that exact loo in such a big airport eh?

Laura has spotted that Roo has feelings for Sid, that little stroke of his arm in the Diner was a dead give away. I agree Miranda about Elijah ignoring Roo, she took it in her stride though, probably been there many times.

Felt so sorry for Marilyn today.:( I understand that Nicole should have George, but she's been incredibly unfair changing her mind all the time. And Angelo annoyed me.

And how many times did she change her mind? She has had her doubts but she never told anyone... so how is she being unfair?

She had doubts all through the pregnancy and Marilyn and Sid asked her again and again if she was sure. Initially when she and Marilyn came back from their holiday she seemed determined, then she wavered when she was dating Angus and she even went to stay with her mum at one point while she decided what she wanted. She might not have technically changed her mind until now but she messed them about almost the entire time.

Felt so sorry for Marilyn today.:( I understand that Nicole should have George, but she's been incredibly unfair changing her mind all the time. And Angelo annoyed me.

And how many times did she change her mind? She has had her doubts but she never told anyone... so how is she being unfair?

She had doubts all through the pregnancy and Marilyn and Sid asked her again and again if she was sure. Initially when she and Marilyn came back from their holiday she seemed determined, then she wavered when she was dating Angus and she even went to stay with her mum at one point while she decided what she wanted. She might not have technically changed her mind until now but she messed them about almost the entire time.

True, Sid/Marilyn did ask but Marilyn also tried to push Roo out of the birth and basically forced Angus out of her life because she didnt want Nicole to change her mind, with Marilyn on her back, no wonder Nicole didnt verbalise her feelings.

If it wasn’t for the fact that he helped Elijah a while back and beat Brody up for the practical joke he played on Coleen I probably would say he’s bordering on sociopathic.

Not so sure about him having that much of a conscience though;he shows affection and loyalty towards the people he cares about but doesn't seem to feel much remorse when people are hurt as a result of his actions.

I think the fact that he's helped out people who he doesn't really know says a lot - like Slade says, he took care of Elijah when he was in a bad way, but he also helped that homeless woman (a total stranger) get a job so she wouldn't lose her kids. I think he sees his criminal activities as a necessity - he does what he feels he has to in order to make money to support his family and build a better life for them all. If someone gets hurt in the process, he doesn't seem to feel much remorse, but I don't think he'd actively set out to hurt anyone or do so just for the sake of it - I suppose it's kind of a 'survival of the fittest' attitude.

True, Sid/Marilyn did ask but Marilyn also tried to push Roo out of the birth and basically forced Angus out of her life because she didnt want Nicole to change her mind, with Marilyn on her back, no wonder Nicole didnt verbalise her feelings.

That's true. I'm not saying Marilyn has behaved well in all this - she let her heart rule her head, which has always been her downfall (I say that speaking as a fan of her character from the old days!). But Nicole hasn't handled things well either. They're both at fault and I feel sorry for them both - it's just that I feel for Marilyn more, because she's the one who's ultimately going to lose out.

That's true. I'm not saying Marilyn has behaved well in all this - she let her heart rule her head, which has always been her downfall (I say that speaking as a fan of her character from the old days!). But Nicole hasn't handled things well either. They're both at fault and I feel sorry for them both - it's just that I feel for Marilyn more, because she's the one who's ultimately going to lose out.

I am going to agree with you, Marilyn is the only one who is set to lose out because she has no genuine claim to George biologically speaking but speaking from my Nicole fan side, I am supporting Nicole in this.

Archived